SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, I'm rootin' for you anyway.

I'm detecting a faint scent of sarcasm..

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is a complete 180 from prior positions that Trump did not know about the arrangement, and that Trump was not the party to the agreement, is it not?

no, it is not.

read WaPo article bottom previous page

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll be pleased when all this democrat generated BS is done with.

Sadly its not going to be over, no matter what they are not going to end any investigation, and it's not about SJW, or progressivism, it's not about Hate for Trump or any of the things we're pressed with daily.

This is a very specific plan, a total process of effectively eliminating competition and it's being done by both left and right. The objective is to punish anyone that works with a future candidate like Trump in order to assure that in the future nobody will risk their lively hood, nobody will come forward to challenge the establishment (or Deep State if you prefer). Instill fear of having happen to them what is being done to Trump, his staff and anyone that worked for him or his campaign.

So settle in for 4 years of this because it has nothing to do with getting Trump than the man in the moon, if they do, then that's a bonus.

The special council aka Mueller has unlimited funds and power to destroy people without ever taking them to court, This is a message to the world, if you are not a part of the political cartel, stay the hell away or we'll ruin you.

God Damn you to hell, Caputo Tells Senate

Republican consultant and former Trump campaign aide Michael Caputo told the Senate Intelligence Committee Tuesday, "God damn you to hell," during an interview as part of the panel’s Russia investigation.

In Caputo’s closing statement obtained by the Washington Examiner, he said the panel's investigation “forced” his family out of their home and “crushed” his children due to mounting legal costs associated with the inquiry.

"Today, I can’t possibly pay the attendant legal costs and live near my aging father, raising my kids where I grew up,” Caputo said. “Your investigation and others into the allegations of Trump campaign collusion with Russia are costing my family a great deal of money — more than $125,000 — and making a visceral impact on my children."

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’m not at my desk top computer, so I cannot embed—sorry. Tucker Carlson interviewed Michael Caputo last night. Caputo was a Trump campaign advisor and he was grilled for 3 hours yesterday afternoon by Mueller’s investors. As he states in the interview, he is already out $125,000 for “nothing,” as a result of this investigation, and “I’m just a witness.”

“I certainly didn’t sign up for this when I signed up for the Trump campaign, and I will never, ever, work on another Republican campaign as long as I live. This is a punishment campaign...”

This interview is chilling.

Carlson/Michael Caputo Interview

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
For TMats:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/67cuA7K7Ba4

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Judicial Watch video updates drip drip drip from freedom of information request and lawsuits to compel the release of requested information.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSG91GbcH_A

This video is longer at 59 minutes:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpijxzB1d8Y

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer...aforts-virginia-case

Mueller has requested 70 blank subpoenas for people to appear to testify against Manafort. The date of the appearance is 10 July 2018.

The document says each recipient “must also bring with you the following documents, electronically stored information or objects” — but what follows the colon is under seal.

In Virginia, Manafort is facing charges including tax fraud and failing to report foreign bank accounts.

subpoenas at link

Manafort's Virginia trial is set to open July 10, with the Washington trial following on Sept. 17. Prosecutors have indicated they need at least 15 trial days, or about three weeks for their part of the D.C. trial.

Manafort was indicted by a grand jury in Washington in October on charges including money laundering and failing to register as a foreign agent in connection with his Ukraine-related lobbying work.

In February, Mueller's office obtained a new indictment in Virginia against the longtime political consultant and lobbyist, charging him with bank fraud and tax fraud. Charges of failing to report for foreign bank accounts were effectively transferred from the Washington case to the Virginia one.

https://www.politico.com/story...ial-witnesses-517414

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I will never, ever, work on another Republican campaign as long as I live.

I believe this is the whole point- Anyone other than a politician will be treated as a cancer and destroyed.

Who in their right mind would subject their friends and family to this contiual abuse?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The left is in full out scorched earth mode. They don't care who gets destroyed, or even if the entire country is destroyed (actually I believe that is their goal).

The left is entrenched in the current government. They would rather see everything burned to the ground than give up power. Like the Japanese in WWII they are fanatical and they will not give in, not an inch.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I will never, ever, work on another Republican campaign as long as I live.

He made the statement more than a few times, and it really seemed to me like he was also making the point that he WOULD work on a democrat campaign. Because they aren't subject to these abuses, of course. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
The left is entrenched in the current government. They would rather see everything burned to the ground than give up power. Like the Japanese in WWII they are fanatical and they will not give in, not an inch.

If they had any honor, they would embrace seppuku.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

If they had any honor, they would embrace seppuku.

If they had any honor, they wouldn’t be where they are, and wouldn’t need any honor.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I vaguely remember the phrase "Innocent until proven guilty". We've come a long way.

Here's the interview where they guy says he won't ever work for a Republican Campaign. It's chilling him discussing what they're doing to him- A witness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT-s2igf3tU

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
If you think the left is bad now, just wait until November when they fail to take the House and Senate, and President Trump is still in the Oval Office. They are deranged now. Just wait....you ain't seen nuthin' yet....

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
If you think the left is bad now, just wait until November when they fail to take the House and Senate, and President Trump is still in the Oval Office. They are deranged now. Just wait....you ain't seen nuthin' yet....
I'm hoping they all have exploding heads.... Emulating the Japanese on the islands in WWII I could see them leaping from 20-story windows.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The CNN manure box at the gym just had a full screen graph showing unemployment since 2007 and a banner at the bottom with “Under 4%” in bold letters. Someone will get fired for that unless the voiceover was giving Oblama credit for it. Big Grin

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
The CNN manure box at the gym just had a full screen graph showing unemployment since 2007 and a banner at the bottom with “Under 4%” in bold letters. Someone will get fired for that unless the voiceover was giving Oblama credit for it. Big Grin

I think they were. The last two days I have heard about a dozen different leftist callers and guests on conservative talk radio programs saying the economy improving was all because of Obummer and of course all guns are the root of all evil......it was almost as if the DNC and Soros released another memo with talking points to the rabid followers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Trump should invite Mueller's entire team to the White House for the interview, but have a contingent of Marines standing by to arrest, and ship them to Gitmo.

j/k

sort of

s/ship to Gitmo/use them for target practice/

Not sure if j/k or not. Starting to think that some of these folks behavior is so far beyond the pale that we really need to start seeing a few of them swinging from lampposts to start getting things back in balance.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/w...=article_email_share

WSJ

Until this week, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and fellow institutionalists at the department had fought Congress’s demands for information with the tools of banal bureaucracy—resist, delay, ignore, negotiate. But Mr. Rosenstein took things to a new level on Tuesday, accusing House Republicans of “threats,” extortion and wanting to “rummage” through department documents. A Wednesday New York Times story then dropped a new slur, claiming “Mr. Rosenstein and top FBI officials have come to suspect that some lawmakers were using their oversight authority to gain intelligence about [Special Counsel Bob Mueller’s ] investigation so that it could be shared with the White House.”

Republicans also demand the FBI drop any objections to declassifying a section of the recently issued House Intelligence Committee report that deals with a briefing former FBI Director James Comey provided about former national security adviser Mike Flynn. House Republicans say Mr. Comey told them his own agents did not believe Mr. Flynn lied to them. On his book tour, Mr. Comey has said that isn’t true. Someone isn’t being honest. Is the FBI more interested in protecting the reputations of two former directors (the other being Mr. Mueller, who dragged Mr. Flynn into court on lying grounds) than in telling the public the truth?

a real stumper, isn't it ?

On every occasion that Justice or the FBI has claimed material must be withheld for the sake of national security or continuing investigations, it has later come out that the only thing at stake were those institutions’ reputations .

Think the Comey memos, which showed the former director had little basis for claiming obstruction. Or Sen. Chuck Grassley’s criminal referral of dossier author Christopher Steele, the FBI’s so-called reliable source, whom we now know it had to fire for talking to the press and possibly lying.

The Justice Department is laying all this at the feet of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, which technically oversees redactions. But ODNI consults with the agency that “owns” the material, and the FBI is clearly doing the blocking. Again, many pieces of the House Intel report that are being hidden happen to relate to FBI conduct during the 2016 election.

posted Hide Post
This needs to be properly resolve Or the Country we grew up in doesn't exist any longer.