SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Bob Goodlatte (Chair of House Judiciary Comm) sends ltr to Jeff Sessions.

Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Gee, it seems that the Attorney General has a lot of new paper to shuffle on his desk.....

can't wait to see what he does with it.

Roll Eyes

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'll give Sessions until after the IG report comes out and a bit into the summer. But if no indictments come out he gets fired in November with Rosenstein and Mueller. The fact that he wasn't forthright about recusing himself is enough for me. Imagine if you hired someone to work weekends and after they were onboard they said "Oh yea I can't work Sundays. Appreciate the job"! No. You would be fired.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I'll give Sessions until after the IG report comes out and a bit into the summer. But if no indictments come out he gets fired in November with Rosenstein and Mueller. The fact that he wasn't forthright about recusing himself is enough for me. Imagine if you hired someone to work weekends and after they were onboard they said "Oh yea I can't work Sundays. Appreciate the job"! No. You would be fired.

That is not the analogy. Sessions is quite busy on the vast array of other issues and responsibilities of DOJ.

You continue to ignore the explanations of the requirements of professional responsibility, except when it is other guys whose ethics you rant about when they ignore them. Our guys you hate because they comply.

C’mon, man!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Professional responsibility would have been to inform the President of his recuseal. He did not. He withheld information that could have affected his appointment for personal gain (getting the job).

The analogy works.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
On Jeff Sessions, I will fall somewhere between mbinky and JALLEN.

I don’t think Sessions even thought much about recusing himself when he first accepted the AG position. Unfortunately it was the idiot Al Franken who caused Sessions trouble. During Senate confirmation the DEMs attacked Sessions hard. Very hard. Sessions was visibly shocked that his “colleagues” were so unfair and absurd in their accusations. Sessions said he had no contact w Russians but didn’t even consider a few normal interactions such as handshakes in receiving lines and meetings related to his senate position.

Then he consulted with DoJ ethics people. Who knows who they were. Most likely obama holdovers. Sessions took the high road while not understanding this had nothing to do w right or wrong. This was all out political war. No trick was too dirty for the DEMs. When you are in a knife fight, Queensberry Rules are dangerous to follow . Sessions was naïve not to recognize that. His recusal has been the biggest blunder of any of the administration appointments.

First the FBI under Comey set out to frame Donald Trump. When Comey was fired, Comey leaked damaging material about his meetings w Donald Trump with the specific goal to get a special counsel appointed. Comey framed his leaks to paint the worst possible picture of the President. Once we saw the actual Comey memos, it is hard to comprehend why those led to a special counsel. But Rosenstein bit the Comey bait.

Now we have Mueller out to set Donald Trump up for impeachment. The longer Mueller stretches this fiasco out, the more he hinders the agenda that voters supported to elect Donald Trump. Mueller is as much a threat to our election and governing process as any foreign agent.

edited to add: Jeff Sessions' early support of Donald Trump had a big impact in helping Trump get elected. We will always owe that acknowledgement to Jeff Sessions. I hope he turns out to be a very effective AG. He needs to recognize his enemies and treat them like enemies.

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sessions was visibly shocked that his “colleagues” were so unfair and absurd in their accusations.

Sessions caved under pressure, when he had the votes to be confirmed without recusing himself. He is also a member of the old boys Senate club (Translation: swamp creature). He not only won't fight back against high ranking Dems, he won't go after them either.

Trump's single biggest mistake to date...

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...arning-revealed.html

DT tweet:

"There was no Collusion (it is a Hoax) and there is no Obstruction of Justice (that is a setup & trap). What there is is Negotiations going on with North Korea over Nuclear War, Negotiations going on with China over Trade Deficits, Negotiations on NAFTA, and much more. Witch Hunt!"

John Dowd, Trump’s former lead attorney, told The Associated Press Tuesday night that Mueller raised the possibility of a subpoena during a meeting with Trump's legal team in March. According to accounts of the meeting first reported by The Washington Post and confirmed by Fox News, Dowd retorted: " This isn’t some game. You are screwing with the work of the president of the United States ."

worth a repeat: Mueller is as much a threat to our election and governing process as any foreign agent

posted Hide Post
quote:
worth a repeat: Mueller is as much a threat to our election and governing process as any foreign agent

Worth an edit: Mueller is more of a threat to our election and governing process than any foreign agent

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Add Rosenstein to that list as well. It is under his oversight and direction that Mueller is allowed to operate.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Now we have Mueller out to set Donald Trump up for impeachment.

If it ever actually looks like an non-bluff, real-life Pres. Trump impeachment is impending, I'll be going through mass quantities of Hoppe's #9, bore-cleaning patches and Breakfree CLP.

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Professional responsibility would have been to inform the President of his recuseal. He did not. He withheld information that could have affected his appointment for personal gain (getting the job).

The analogy works.

Not at all. The situation had not developed at the time he was nominated and confirmed.

Moreover, all we have are media accounts, which are almost always incomplete, frequently misleading.

No other attorney general who has participated in the new President’s campaign has ever faced with this situation at the outset which in the opinion and according to the advice of career lawyers in DOJ Ethics offices made recusal on this issue necessary. Other AGs have recused themselves, as their terms have progressed, as issues came up, not necessarily involving the President. It happens.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, Sessions has been thoroughly discussed, guys. Seeing this "Sessions is useless" stuff is getting old. Let's wait and see what happens.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:

Worth an edit: Mueller is more of a threat to our election and governing process than any foreign agent

^^^ This. This whole investigation shows the vulnerability of our government-- or any government-- when it is composed of swamp creatures. They are doing their best to subvert the will of the people, and whatever the final outcome, they have damaged our country enormously.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
So, Joe Btfsplk is on trial for murdering Saul Goodman. During the trial, Mr. Goodman walks into the court room in his Hawaiian shirt and says, "I wasn't murdered. I was just on vacation." Clearly, the defendant is innocent of the murder charges. Then, the prosecutor says he is bringing up obstruction charges. Apparently, Mr. Btfsplk obstructed the investigation of a murder that never happened by washing the clothing he was wearing the day of the supposed murder. Oh, and since we are there, we want to look at your tax returns, look for money laundering and see if you lied to your wife about a 2 bit whore. Joe Btfsplk is now facing the possibility of 20 years in prison.

Sounds completely logical. Roll Eyes

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
House lawmakers formally nominate Trump for 2019 Nobel Peace Prize

Smile Big Grin

Liberals heads across the globe are exploding.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Lee Smith has the goods on the real collusion: between the heads of the intelligence community, Fusion GPS, and the major media.

Bottom line:

quote:
It’s hard to imagine anything worse for a democracy than journalists coordinating with political operatives and spies who are paid by the press to leak information about American citizens. But that’s where we are. We have hit rock-bottom.

Link

Major points:
1. MSM continue to dig themselves deeper into "collusion" hole with prizes for reporting "dossier" and related
2. Clapper and Brennan have been paid for their "leaks" with jobs as analysts at CNN, NBC which gives them a platform and first-amendment shielding for their continued lies
3. Simpson of Fusion/GPS set up Donald Trump Jr. with that meeting with Russian attorney Veselnitskaya, citing that meeting as ongoing collusion when HE arranged it.
4. MSM have to continue this story because they have thrown the whole profession of journalism under the bus to spread it.

Long article but worth it. Recommended by Powerlineblog.com

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Liberals heads across the globe are exploding.

Yes, how can a racist, sexist, homophobe possibly win the Nobel Prize! Plus he has orange-ish skin!

I'm sure they'll try to spin it as a Republican attempt to distract from Russian collusion and Stormy Daniels....you know, the REALLY important issues of the day.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Ok another one: Roger Simon of Pajamas Media:
Worse than Beria? Mueller Could Damage the World

quote:
Worse than Beria? Mueller Could Damage the World
Nearly a year ago Alan Dershowitz said on CNN:

I don’t like criminal investigations to start hoping that you have the target, maybe we’ll find the crime. Maybe we’ll find the statute. If we can’t find the statute we’ll stretch the statute to fit the person. That sounds like Lavrentiy Beria and Joseph Stalin. ‘Show me the man and I’ll find you the crime.’ I don’t want to ever see that come to America."
Unfortunately -- through no fault of Dershowitz's, who has done yeoman work -- it has come to that, and then some. Robert Mueller, unwittingly or not, has revealed himself to be a loyal follower of Comrade Beria, but unlike the monstrous head of Stalin's secret police, he does his work in the unique, seemingly sanitized American way we call "process crimes." Mueller's watchword might be "Show me the man and I'll make him so addled I can nail him for lying." Not as pithy as Beria, but sufficient to put people like Scooter Libby in jail.

And now it's worse than a mere presidential adviser. As everyone knows, Mueller's current target is the president himself, Donald Trump. Whoever -- in the unending series of leaks that have corrupted our legal system beyond recognition -- released the 49 questions Mueller putatively intends to ask the president is of tangential importance. What is important is the nature of the questions themselves -- their deliberate fishing expedition-style vagueness that no one could possibly answer correctly (what were you thinking when you....?) -- and that Mueller has evidently threatened the president with a subpoena if he does not do so.

If only Comrade Beria had had such power. He would never have dared to subpoena Stalin. But never mind. The frightening part is the timing of this escalation of this endless witch hunt. (Yes, Trump is accurate in his characterization.)

At this very moment the United States is about to enter into negotiations with North Korea and to consider whether to continue the Iran Deal. These issues are titanic, affecting literally billions of people across the globe in an effort to avoid nuclear Armageddon.

But Bob Mueller seeks to distract the president of the United States from giving these issues full attention with his endless investigation that was once about collusion with Russia but is now about obstruction of justice in the investigation of a collusion that never happened.

Comrade Beria lives! Show me a Carter Page and I'll find you a crime!

Of course it may also be that Mueller and his cohorts more desperately seek to distract from accusations of totalitarian behavior on the parts of the FBI and DOJ in the matter of the FISA court and the Steele Dossier. They fear what's coming in the inspector general's report and hope to keep the media pointed in their traditional, hobby-horsical anti-Trump direction, so no one will notice.

Again, this is terrible for the entire world. It is also ultimately terrible for the FBI and Mueller because if half the country continues to believe the president is being railroaded and that justice is hugely biased (why wasn't Hillary investigated on anything remotely near the level of Trump?), the results will be catastrophic. That word sounds hyperbolic but it isn't. We could se anything from civil war to social atrophy. Who knows if our country will survive it? My suspicion is that Mueller and his allies have little idea of the degree that they are despised outside the Beltway. They have lived their lives too much within it to know. Everything has become about self-justification. The rest of the country barely exists to them.

Meanwhile in the real world.... Iran, North Korea, the trade deficit with China. The president has genuine work to do for all of us. Is all this distraction worth it? Does it have anything faintly to do with justice -- or is it merely politics played at its most socially and spiritually despicable level?

Link

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"Simpson of Fusion/GPS set up Donald Trump Jr. with that meeting with Russian attorney Veselnitskaya"

Simpson testified that he met w Veselnitskaya the day before the meeting, the day of the meeting, and the day after the meeting.

But, says Simpson, they never discussed that Veselnitskaya met w Donald Trump Jr at all.

Pretty much like Lynch and Bill Clinton talked about golf

and,

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...nton-lawyer-n2476794

White House lawyer Ty Cobb, who has represented President Trump during special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, is retiring. He's expected to be replaced by Emmet T. Flood, who represented President Bill Clinton during his impeachment hearings.

Cobb reportedly informed White House Chief of Staff John Kelly of his retirement plans last week. He will retire at the end of the month.