SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The first 2 minutes of this with Nunez and Bartiromo seems important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W54KbYPfkcw

They say the State department was running this intelligence operation.

Was this 32 like minded people doing what they thought best or was it an orchestrated coup that didn't work?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: braillediver,

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
The first 2 minutes of this seems important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W54KbYPfkcw

They say the State department was running this intelligence operation.

Was this 32 like minded people doing what they thought best or was it an orchestrated coup that didn't work?

Part of the reason the Dems are so loony about not having Pompeo at State.

Homeboy is going to put together all the pieces between intelligence and State.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
This report about Nunez to Bartiromo:
http://dbdailyupdate.com/index...b-and-its-a-big-one/

in part: "Nunes, as Chairman of the House Intel Committee, is privy to such Five Eyes communications, so is obviously in a position to know. Obama CIA Director John Brennan testified to congress last May that he directly communicated the intelligence he had accumulated as of October 2016 to then-FBI Director James Comey, and also briefed key members of congress at the same time.

Unfortunately for Brennan, last week the FBI, after months of stonewalling, released the original electronic communications documents that led to the creation of its counterintelligence investigation, and those documents, according to Nunes, reveal that that intelligence that Brennan passed to Comey did not come through official channels. Nunes told Bartiromo the following:

Nunes doesn’t know whether the former secretary of state and then-Democratic challenger to Trump in the election, Hillary Clinton, was pulling the strings of the investigation launched against her political opponent. However, he said it is known that two long-time Clinton associates – including Sidney Blumenthal – were “actively” giving information to the State Department, which “was somehow making its way to the FBI.”

So, what all this means is that it is very likely that the CIA, under Brennan’s leadership, had been conducting illegal surveillance on the Trump Campaign long before the FBI had ever obtained a FISA warrant authorizing such activity against U.S. citizens, and that associates of the Pantsuit Princess were feeding the State Department information from the fake Trump Dossier that the DNC and Clinton Campaign had spent millions of dollars having compiled. That information was then being fed by the State Department to Brennan, and Brennan was then passing it through to Comey. "

Seems like a Pretty Big Deal if this report is correct.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
This is reminding me of the information that became public (for a short time) from the KGB and GRU after the fall of the USSR. The Soviet intelligence archives showed that the Americans who had been most correct about Soviet infiltration in the US were the "extreme right-wingers".

I'm with sdy: it is as frightening that the major media are uninterested in these revelations as that the illegal use of counterintelligence to spy on Trump's campaign existed.

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The MSM are falling over themselves in their rush to make themselves totally irrelevant. They are doing a great job.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Elections have consequences. Not tired of winning yet.

Trump has not invited Democrats, media to state dinner: report

When President Trump hosts French President Emmanuel Macron next week for his first state dinner, no Democrats or members of the media will be in attendance.

Politico reported on Friday that Trump has not invited any Democratic lawmakers to the Tuesday dinner, nor has he extended invitations to members of the media — a departure from past state dinners.

Of the roughly 150 people that are set to attend the dinner, only four are members of Congress: House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.); Rep. Ed Royce, the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee; and Sens. John Kennedy (R-La.) and Bill Cassidy (R-La.), according to Politico.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) was invited, but is unable to attend, Politico reported. Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) was not extended an invite.

Lea Berman, the White House social secretary under former President George W. Bush, told Politico that the exclusion of Democrats and members of the media is "a break with tradition."

During the last state dinner for a French president, Macron's predecessor François Hollande, then-President Obama featured lawmakers from both parties, and an appearance by singer Mary J. Blige.

Also at that dinner were a number of representatives from major news outlets. CNN President Jeff Zucker was there, as was Jill Abramson, then The New York Times's top editor. Representatives from other media companies, like The Associated Press and Reuters, were also present.

Posts: 89 | Location: North Texas | Registered: August 07, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jstex56:
During the last state dinner for a French president, Macron's predecessor François Hollande, then-President Obama featured lawmakers from both parties, and an appearance by singer Mary J. Blige.
Uh huh. Mary was there to give Barry his weed.

Tough shit, lefties. Really, it's a shame, y'know? No Jim Acosta rudely shouting stupid fucking questions at the top of his lungs. No Nancy Pelosi dozing off during dessert. Gosh, that's too bad.

Why, this is the biggest travesty of justice since, since whatever. No, really. Do I seem insincere? It's just my face.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
give the whiner a test

can you speak French fluently?

if yes, we'll think about it for the next State dinner

if no, go to your room and whine some more

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/r...ns=prod/accounts-wsj

Didn't Comey say he never saw Trump smile ?

Rod Rosenstein is about to argue a case before the Supreme Court. This will be the first time he has done that. (case was today)

So,

a package from the White House arrived Friday afternoon at his office at the Justice Department. He opened it carefully.

“These are my official Donald Trump cuff links,” said Mr. Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general

the gift, sent by White House counsel Don McGahn, recognized another duty Mr. Rosenstein is assuming Monday: representing the administration before the Supreme Court, where he will argue a sentencing case from New Mexico.

more here:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/r...cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.19aa2406fc9d

Mike Pompeo endorsed out of Senate Foreign Relations Comm for Sec State position.

Secretary of state nominee Mike Pompeo narrowly eked out an endorsement from the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Monday after President Trump and a Democratic senator intervened at the last minute, all but guaranteeing that he will be confirmed by the full Senate later this week.

Pompeo had seemed unlikely to secure a majority of the panel’s support. But Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who had pledged to oppose him, tweeted moments before the vote that Trump had talked with him and changed his mind.

The committee ultimately voted 11 to 10 along party lines to endorse Pompeo. But because of a quirk in the Senate rules, the panel could not send its recommendation to the full Senate, as one of those 11 Republicans — Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.) — was not present for the vote. He was out of town delivering a eulogy at his best friend’s funeral, senators said.

A negative vote on Pompeo’s nomination would not necessarily have precluded the full Senate from taking it up. But for GOP leaders, time was of the essence: They want Pompeo to be confirmed in time to attend a meeting of NATO foreign ministers Friday.

At the urging of panel chairman Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), Democratic Sen. Christopher A. Coons (Del.) volunteered to change his vote to “present” — making the vote 11 in favor, 9 opposed and 1 present, and enabling the committee to quickly push Pompeo’s nomination to the floor.

“Senator Isakson is one of my closest friends here . . . and he’s been through an incredibly hard day,” Coons told reporters. He said it would have been “heartless” to shuttle Isakson off his return flight straight to a delayed committee vote when the outcome was a foregone conclusion.

Coons said he still intended to vote against Pompeo’s nomination on the Senate floor. At this point, only three Democrats — Manchin, Donnelly and Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.), who announced her support last week — have committed to back Pompeo’s confirmation.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I was watching the committee hearing for the vote. Corker said he had Isaksen’s proxy to vote “aye,” but for some reason that wouldn’t do. The choices wer to wait until Isaksen got back, 11:30 tonight, or tomorrow, or a voice vote, or have a Dem vote present. Finally, Sen. Coons did the noble thing.

It seemed really weird, to see a Senator doing something noble for no reward, especially a God Damned Commie, but I saw it with my own eyes.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D on WMAL, 4/23/18

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I guess these FOOLS think it's some kind of conspiracy causing them to be in 7th place in cable news ratings. More people watch Yogi Bear cartoons on Nickelodeon than CNN and that is the truth. Just watch this and you'll see why.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Watching that cast of clowns debate spelling errors makes my brain hurt...and I will add this about CNN...I know two producers that work in Atlanta...everything they do is still being watched like hawks after that undercover thing a year or so back. You want to keep a job with them...you will follow the party line, on and off the clock. There is zero flexibility with CNN. Even when Yogi and BooBoo are watched by more people Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Does anyone else have the visceral reaction I get when I see that uber-smug Brian Stelter’s face?

I just want to give him a good punch right in the mouth, just one good hard one.

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, there's somethin' seriously wrong with that boy

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
At least he knows Hawaii isn't part of Asia Wink

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I was watching the committee hearing for the vote. Corker said he had Isaksen’s proxy to vote “aye,” but for some reason that wouldn’t do. The choices wer to wait until Isaksen got back, 11:30 tonight, or tomorrow, or a voice vote, or have a Dem vote present. Finally, Sen. Coons did the noble thing.

It seemed really weird, to see a Senator doing something noble for no reward, especially a God Damned Commie, but I saw it with my own eyes.

Chris Coons (D) advances Pompeo. No reward, but no cost since he would’ve been advanced soon anyway.

http://www.oann.com/kind-gestu...peo-to-a-floor-vote/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
An interesting article by Lee Smith: Trump's Grand Strategy in the Middle East (hint: leave, support Israel, get out of Iran deal):

Link

quote:
Trump’s Grand Strategy: Get the United States Out of the Middle East, Now – Tablet Magazine
“Mission Accomplished,” Donald Trump tweeted triumphantly after the recent limited strikes on Bashar al-Assad’s chemical weapons facilities. Critics were quick to portray the President’s boast as hot air, and pontificate about the need for a comprehensive White House strategy to deal with Syria and other long-term regional issues.

But Trump does have a strategy, which the strikes and the President’s tweets have made plain—a U.S. troop withdrawal from Syria and a U.S. withdrawal from the Iran deal. Washington has plenty of allies to work with and through in the Middle East, especially Israel and Saudi Arabia. Both share an American interest in rolling back Iran. Further, the White House can work against Iran and its partners in Syria through proxy forces on the ground.

The peculiar fact is that neither the Iran deal, officially known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, nor the U.S. troop presence in Syria was designed to push back on the clerical regime. Quite the opposite—they are part of a strategy purposed, perhaps unintentionally, to relieve Tehran. But now Trump intends to get out of both—while reserving the prerogative to use force, as the strikes made plain.

There is little evidence to suggest that Trump is a grand strategist in the classical mode, but his instincts are right. Contrary to the horror and scorn with which both ideas have been greeted by the Beltway foreign-policy consensus, Trump’s grand Middle Eastern strategy makes sense.

Read the whole thing if you're interested in this. Lee Smith has been a wise commenter on the ME for years.

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
What is going on with this Admiral Jackson, Trump’s nominee to head the VA?

I can’t find anything of what he allegedly did, just unspecified “allegations”.

Sounds like more bullshit from Never-Trump R’s and Dems intent on embarrassing and thwarting this President every chance they get.

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post