SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:

Where would they find a jury willing to convict? Certainly not in D.C.

I'd love to see such a trial or trials moved to deplorables' flyover country. Sign me up! Big Grin hehehehehehehehehe

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
McCabe is shopping a book:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/a...for-criminal-charges

I’m thinking that there are laws that prevent convicted felons from profiting so. He isn’t convicted yet, but that seems to be a possibility that we can hope for.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8944 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
And Hell freezes over.

A CNN reporter actually speaks positively about Trump, verges on praising him.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2...mp-speechless-626395

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I don't think the IG report is beingbheld back, I think he found way more dirt than he was expecting. Couple that with running everything by Huber for possible (they better) prosecution and I can see it going over schedule. I remember reading May 8th is that when he goes before congress or something?

Would rather wait 2 years and guarantee jail time or have it done in 3 months and have them fumble the ball cause some procedural error? Defeating corruption takes time.

Where would they find a jury willing to convict? Certainly not in D.C.

How do you feel about military tribunals? Unclassifying documents seems like treason to me.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
And Hell freezes over.

He deserves the Peace Prize if this plays out.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
And Hell freezes over.

The reporter says: “This all started with President Trump agreeing to sit down for a summit with Kim…”

In fact, it started when President Trump organized effective trade sanctions on North Korea. In particular, when he coerced China to support those sanctions.

Zippy, in contrast, did nothing but wring his hands.

Serious about crackers

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
And Hell freezes over.

The reporter says: “This all started with President Trump agreeing to sit down for a summit with Kim…”

In fact, it started when President Trump organized effective trade sanctions on North Korea. In particular, when he coerced China to support those sanctions.

I agree Pipe Smoker. I also think a couple of air craft carriers sailing off the coast of North Korea gave an additional nudge in the right directionBig Grin

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I don't think the IG report is beingbheld back, I think he found way more dirt than he was expecting. Couple that with running everything by Huber for possible (they better) prosecution and I can see it going over schedule. I remember reading May 8th is that when he goes before congress or something?

Would rather wait 2 years and guarantee jail time or have it done in 3 months and have them fumble the ball cause some procedural error? Defeating corruption takes time.

I hope it doesn’t take two years. If we have to wait that long, it ought to be hangings, not jail time. Truly, with all this treason, it ought to be hangings right now, but the wheels of justice grind slowly...

Posts: 6918 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
quote:

I hope it doesn’t take two years. If we have to wait that long, it ought to be hangings, not jail time. Truly, with all this treason, it ought to be hangings right now, but the wheels of justice grind slowly...

But they do grind. If they just rounded everyone up and arrested them after they won the election it would like the gestapo whether the case was solid or not. It will happen. I have no doubts. All this media BS is to make you question and doubt it will happen. Theyre going down too.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Trump just got an interesting endorsement:

https://pagesix.com/2018/04/22...hould-be-a-mob-boss/

Sammy ‘The Bull’ thinks the president should be ‘a mob boss’ By Richard Johnson

Sammy “The Bull” Gravano — who helped James Comey bring down Gravano’s fellow mobsters more than 25 years ago — was surprised to be mentioned in Comey’s memoir, “A Higher Loyalty.”

When President Trump told Comey, “I need loyalty. I expect loyalty,” the fired FBI director wrote: “The demand was like Sammy the Bull’s Cosa Nostra induction ceremony.”

Gravano, 73, in his first interview outside of prison after serving a 17-year sentence for dealing ecstasy, told mob expert Jerry Capeci of GanglandNews.com that there’s nothing wrong with that.

“The country doesn’t need a bookworm as president, it needs a mob boss,” Gravano said.

The former hit man, who confessed to his involvement in 19 murders, said Trump has to deal with the leaders of North Korea, Iran and Russia.

“You don’t need a Harvard graduate to deal with these people. These guys are real gangsters. You need a f—king gangster to deal with these people.”

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Fusion GPS is taking a new tactic

Glenn Simpson and Pete Fritsch are the owners of Fusion GPS.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/0...on-c-col-left-region

By Peter Fritsch and Glenn R. Simpson

Put aside Russian collusion for a moment. Press pause on possible presidential obstruction of justice. Forget Stormy Daniels. The most significant recent development involving the president may be that the special counsel, Robert Mueller, has subpoenaed Trump Organization business records as part of his inquiry into Russian interference in the presidential election.

Those documents — and records recently seized by the F.B.I. from the president’s personal lawyer Michael Cohen — might answer a question raised by the president’s critics: Have certain real estate investors used Trump-branded properties to launder the proceeds of criminal activity around the world?

A string of bankruptcies in the 1990s and 2000s may have left Mr. Trump’s companies largely unable to tap traditional sources of financing. That could have forced him to look elsewhere for financing and partners at a time when money was pouring out of the former Soviet Union.

This reporting has not uncovered conclusive evidence that the Trump Organization or its principals knowingly abetted criminal activity. And it’s not reasonable to expect the company to keep track of every condo buyer in a Trump-branded building. But Mr. Trump’s company routinely teamed up with individuals whose backgrounds should have raised red flags.

whoa, whoa ,whoa

" Put aside Russian collusion for a moment. Press pause on possible presidential obstruction of justice." from Fusion GPS ?????

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

You left out he constantly apologized.

I wonder if Trump took Lil' Kim an iPod?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Every morning when I wake up, I give thanks that my dog and I are still alive and ready to enjoy another day. Then I realize that Felonia von Pantsuit is NOT OUR PRESIDENT. I have no idea where we would be right now with President Hillary Clinton, but I'm glad we aren't there. We really dodged a probably fatal bullet.

Donald Trump is doing great as our president. If he eliminated death, the Washington Post headline would read, "Trump Causes Overpopulation".

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
And Hell freezes over.

Coupled with calling him "Rocket Man" and mentioning out nuclear button works.

Effective sanctions backed up by a non-PC President with a spine who will also make a fair deal.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:
At least we’re not kicking over trash cans over some third rate burglary.

You reckon that when this is all over, and if Trump is vindicated, that Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman will make a movie about this?

When the Greeks reckon time by the kalends....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Susan Collins:

'I cannot imagine why an FBI director [Comey] would seek to essentially cash in on a book when the investigation is very much alive,' she told Meet the Press host Chuck Todd, pointing toward the Mueller probe. 'He should have waited to do his memoir.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...a-investigation.html

I have no difficulty at all imagining why he did. And the reason wasn’t noble.

Serious about crackers

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
From The Guardian (!!!) comes confirmation from a Leftist that the Deep State exists and is out to get Trump:

quote:
America doesn’t have coups or tanks in the street. But a deep state of sorts exists here and it includes national security bureaucrats who use secretly collected information to shape or curb the actions of elected officials.

Some see these American bureaucrats as a vital check on the law-breaking or authoritarian or otherwise illegitimate tendencies of democratically elected officials.

Others decry them as a self-serving authoritarian cabal that illegally and illegitimately undermines democratically elected officials and the policies they were elected to implement.

The truth is that the deep state, which is a real phenomenon, has long been both a threat to democratic politics and a savior of it. The problem is that it is hard to maintain its savior role without also accepting its threatening role. The two go hand in hand, and are difficult to untangle.

The deep state has been blamed for many things since Donald Trump became president, including by the president himself. Trump defenders have used the term promiscuously to include not just intelligence bureaucrats but a broader array of connected players in other administrative bureaucracies, in private industry, and in the media.

But even if we focus narrowly on the intelligence bureaucracies that conduct and use information collected secretly in the homeland, including the FBI, National Security Agency (NSA), and National Security Council, there is significant evidence that the deep state has used secretly collected information opportunistically and illegally to sabotage the president and his senior officials – either as part of a concerted movement or via individuals acting more or less independently.

The hard questions are whether this sabotage is virtuous or abusive, whether we can tell, and what the consequences of these actions are.

Since Trump was elected, unusually sensitive leaks of intelligence information designed to discredit him and his senior leadership have poured forth from current and former intelligence officials in the deep state.

The first major one, in February 2017, concerned a court-approved NSA wiretap of a phone conversation between Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Sergey Kislyak, and incoming national security adviser Michael Flynn that concerned, among other things, the possible removal of Russia sanctions imposed by President Obama. Flynn had denied that the men discussed sanctions, and the leak revealing his lie led to his resignation.

Another major leak concerned communications intercepts during the campaign of Russian government officials discussing potentially “derogatory” information about Trump and top campaign aides. Other leaks in this vein included intercepts of Russian officials claiming they could influence Trump through Flynn, of Kislyak supposedly informing Moscow that he discussed campaign-related issues with then-Senator Jeff Sessions, and of Kislyak discussing in a communication to Moscow that Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, wanted to communicate via a secure channel.

These leaks probably mark the first time ever that the content of foreign intelligence intercepts aimed at foreign agents that swept up US-person information was leaked. They clearly aimed to damage US persons – ones who happen to also be senior US government officials.

They were unlawful and, beyond that, they violated two until-now strict taboos about leaks – first on revealing the content of foreign intelligence information collected through electronic surveillance, and second on revealing the content of incidentally collected information about American citizens.

Link

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Interesting! As you say, “From The Guardian (!!!)”. And the CNN video, almost praising President Trump, for the effect he’s had on Lil Kim…

Serious about crackers

Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
From The Guardian (!!!) comes confirmation from a Leftist that the Deep State exists and is out to get Trump:

I read that as this "leftest" realizing that they aren't going to be able to convince people that this didn't happen, but in acknowledging the fact are trying to do a couple of things. First, it looks like they're trying to get folks to think that they're really the good guys here even though what they did is illegal (like political vigilantes) and two, by the wording of this it looks to me as though they're still trying to convince folks that the “salacious and unverified” accusations they've been hearing about in the news is in fact intelligence intercepted by these political vigilantes. Of course we know better, but not everybody is watching this as closely as we are.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The news reporting of the attempts to overturn the 2016 election are very scary. While we have seen very biased and fake news before, I don't recall anything on this scale.

When you read the coverage of NYT, WaPo, Yahoo News, CNN, NBC, MSNBC, ... you get a nonstop all out attack against Donald Trump. They portray the dossier as "intelligence" and many of them repeat that is has been "largely verified".

They paint people like John Brenann, James Clapper, James Comey, Andrew McCabe, and Robert Mueller as American heroes and people of high integrity and honesty.

Then you go to a handful of websites and you read the emerging truth. While it was once just speculating and raising possibilities that this was a grand conspiracy based on lies to take down Donald Trump, now there is hard evidence coming in almost weekly that proves the conspiracy existed and is still being executed.