SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Here is the report of the House Permanent Selct Committee on Intelligence, with its findings and recommendations on Russia interference in the campaign.

Link

Investigation parameters: Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Danky Wubberman Stoltz!!

Although in this case, I guess we'd call her Wanky.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
This is not the president's first rodeo...Wendy Wasserman Schultz Big Grin Big Grin

Donald just got'em good.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wendy Wasserman Schultz

^^^Never heard of him. Red Face

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:
Wendy Wasserman Schultz

^^^Never heard of him. Red Face

Sgt. Johann Schultz of Luft Stalag 13 is her father, after Col. Hogan, Sgt. Kinchloe and Sgt. Carter sponsored him for US immigration after the war. She like her father, knows nothing.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Donald J Trump For President Inc. responded to the Dim Wit's party lawsuit. I wonder if they will decide to pull it? I hope not.

quote:
NEW YORK, NY – Today, the Democratic National Committee filed a wide-ranging, partisan civil lawsuit in federal court against the Trump Campaign, WikiLeaks, and the Russian Government. In response, Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. notes that this frivolous lawsuit is a last-ditch effort to substantiate the baseless Russian collusion allegations by a nearly-bankrupt Democratic Party still trying to counter the will of the people in the 2016 presidential election. This civil lawsuit is completely without merit and will be dismissed in due time.

“This is a sham lawsuit about a bogus Russian collusion claim filed by a desperate, dysfunctional, and nearly insolvent Democratic Party,” said Brad Parscale, Campaign Manager of Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. “With the Democrats’ conspiracy theories against the President’s campaign evaporating as quickly as the failing DNC’s fundraising, they’ve sunk to a new low to raise money, especially among small donors who have abandoned them. There is a great deal the American public wants to know about the corruption of the Democrats, their collusion to influence the 2016 presidential election, and their role in prompting a scam investigation of the Trump Campaign. While this lawsuit is frivolous and will be dismissed, if the case goes forward, the DNC has created an opportunity for us to take aggressive discovery into their claims of ‘damages’ and uncover their acts of corruption for the American people,” he concluded.

If this lawsuit proceeds, the Trump Campaign will be prepared to leverage the discovery process and explore the DNC’s now-secret records about the actual corruption they perpetrated to influence the outcome of the 2016 presidential election. Everything will be on the table, including:

• How the DNC contributed to the fake dossier, using Fusion GPS along with the Clinton Campaign as the basis for the launch of a phony investigation.

• Why the FBI was never allowed access to the DNC servers in the course of their investigation into the Clinton e-mail scandal.

• How the DNC conspired to hand Hillary Clinton the nomination over Bernie Sanders.

• How officials at the highest levels of the DNC colluded with the news media to influence the outcome of the DNC nomination.

• Management decisions by Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Donna Brazile, Tom Perez, and John Podesta; their e-mails, personnel decisions, budgets, opposition research, and more.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if they will decide to pull it? I hope not.

It is my understanding that even if they decide to drop it, that those named in the suit can decline and allow it to move forward.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Trump just scared the Fat Panda shitless by showing Syria what happens when you use weapons of mass destruction...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...ite-reports-say.html

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

It is my understanding that even if they decide to drop it, that those named in the suit can decline and allow it to move forward.

Nice, that's what Levin said today as well. Ha-ha.

Like Trump, I too would like to learn more about the Pakistani "mystery man" Big Grin

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sgt. Johann Schultz of Luft Stalag 13 is her father, after Col. Hogan, Sgt. Kinchloe and Sgt. Carter sponsored him for US immigration after the war. She like her father, knows nothing.

At least Sgt. Schultz was likable.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

But will they? The fact that they telegraphed using the discovery leverage as their strategy made me wonder if they wanted the dems to drop it so they wouldn't have to go down that road.
Seems the smart play would have been to sit quietly and let the dems walk into it. But what do I know? Razz

A lot lawyers are movin' on up from being just millionaires to billionaires in this insanity of investigations and lawsuits.

If the dems actually move forward with this I doubt any of us will live long enough to see the outcome.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
McCabe: Leaking and Lying Obscure the Real Collusion

Andrew McCarthy
National Review

He changed his story about the FBI and the Clinton Foundation, lying about his lies.
The Justice Department’s inspector general has referred Andrew McCabe to the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington, D.C., for a possible false-statements prosecution. It was big news this week. But the story of how the FBI’s former deputy director lied to investigators, repeatedly, is mainly of interest to him. It is the story of what he lied about that should be of interest to everyone else.

He lied about leaking a conversation in which the Obama Justice Department pressured the FBI to stand down on an investigation of the Clinton Foundation.

That’s not getting much attention. The referral by Inspector General Michael Horowitz focuses us, instead, on the prospect of McCabe’s prosecution. That’s understandable. McCabe has it coming, as the IG’s 35-page report powerfully illustrates.

The report concludes that the former deputy director “lacked candor,” the standard for internal discipline at the FBI, from which McCabe was fired. It is a charge similar to those spelled out in the federal penal code’s false-statements and perjury laws. Specifically, the report cites four instances of lack of candor; more comprehensively, McCabe is depicted as an insidious operator.

About two weeks before Election Day 2016, the then–deputy director was stung by a Wall Street Journal story that questioned his fitness to lead an investigation of Hillary Clinton, the Democrats’ nominee. McCabe’s wife had received $675,000 in donations from a political action committee controlled by the Clintons’ notorious confidant, Virginia’s then–governor Terry McAuliffe — an eye-popping amount for a state senate campaign (which Mrs. McCabe lost). It was perfectly reasonable to question McCabe’s objectivity: The justice system’s integrity hinges on the perception, as well as the reality, of impartiality.

The reporter on the story, Devlin Barrett (then with the Journal, now at the Washington Post), soon had questions for the Bureau for a follow-up he was working on: Back in July, according to Barrett’s sources, McCabe had instructed agents to refrain from making overt moves that could alert the public that Hillary Clinton, the Democrats’ nominee, was yet again on the FBI’s radar — this time, owing to a probe of the Clinton Foundation.

Barrett’s call came in just as the Bureau was dealing with the controversy over Director James Comey’s reopening of the Clinton emails investigation. Comey convened a meeting of the FBI’s leadership team to discuss reviewing emails, some of which were classified, that had been found on the private computers of Clinton aide Huma Abedin and her estranged husband Anthony Weiner (who had been “sexting” with a minor). Because he was out of town, McCabe telephoned in to the meeting. He was humiliated, however, when Comey instructed him to get off the call. The director and his chief counsel were concerned about the perception of pro-Clinton bias.

After stewing for a few hours, McCabe got in touch with his special counsel, Lisa Page — the FBI lawyer now infamous, along with her alleged paramour, FBI agent Peter Strzok, for thousands of text messages, many bracingly partisan and anti-Trump. McCabe instructed Page to rebut Barrett’s story with a leak. Specifically, she was to tell Barrett about a tense conversation on August 12, 2016, between McCabe and a high-ranking Obama Justice Department official. The leak would show that McCabe, far from burying the Clinton Foundation investigation, had defended the FBI’s pursuit of it.

The bulk of the IG report documents McCabe’s mendacity: He dishonestly denied knowledge of the leak he had ordered, covered his tracks by deflecting blame, and — when he finally admitted his role — falsely suggested that Comey had been aware and approving of his actions. McCabe lies to his boss, he lies to his fellow agents, and he lies — under oath — in interviews conducted by the FBI’s internal investigators and the IG. Even when he changes his story, McCabe lies about the lies.

The IG’s referral triggers the very real possibility of an indictment. If that leads to a trial, a jury probably won’t find McCabe as sympathetic as his media boosters do. Exhibit A: According to the IG, right after the Journal published Barrett’s follow-up story incorporating the leaked information, McCabe called up the heads of the FBI’s New York and Washington field offices to ream them out over the leak that McCabe himself had orchestrated!

What a guy.

The release of the IG’s findings left President Trump unable to contain himself. He tweeted:

This is as foolish as it is unhinged. In his raging contempt for Comey, Trump misrepresents the report, which relates that McCabe deceived the former director, and that Comey’s convincingly corroborated, clear-stated denial of McCabe’s version of events helped the IG get to the bottom of the mess. Moreover, the IG’s account of McCabe’s chicanery is so daunting, the only defense he is likely to mount is that any prosecution of him is politically driven by a revenge-minded chief executive, not based on evidence weighed by non-partisan prosecutors. The president is playing right into his hands. As we’ve observed, again and again, it is maddening that a president so conspicuously pro-law-enforcement, by constantly bloviating about investigations, keeps making cases harder to prosecute.

Still, all that is secondary. Lost in the coverage of McCabe’s audacious fraudulence (complete with the smug, blame-everyone-but-me Washington Post op-ed in which he, of course, “take[s] full responsibility”) is the more significant matter of why this debacle happened.

Yes, McCabe shouldn’t have leaked, and it is even worse that he wouldn’t own up to it. But what was his leak about?

It was about more Obama-administration scheming to rig the election for Hillary Clinton.

The tense conversation McCabe had on August 12, 2016, was with a Justice Department official the IG report identifies only as the “Principal Assistant Deputy Attorney General (PADAG).” That post was then held by Matthew Axelrod, top aide to Sally Yates, Obama’s deputy AG eventually fired by Trump for insubordination. Lisa Page told the Wall Street Journal that the PADAG was “very pissed off” because the Justice Department had learned that the FBI’s New York office was “openly pursuing the Clinton Foundation probe.”

Yup, the campaign stretch-run was upon us, and the oh-so-non-partisan Obama Justice Department was fretting that Mrs. Clinton could be toast if the public heard about yet another criminal investigation.

We have collusion all right: the executive branch’s law-enforcement and intelligence apparatus placed by the Obama administration in the service of the Clinton campaign
In point of fact, the FBI was not openly pursuing the Clinton Foundation. In congressional hearings, Director Comey had been asked if there was such an investigation, but — consistent with Justice Department policy — he refused to confirm or deny its existence. Indeed, the reason McCabe’s leak caused such consternation was that, by acknowledging the investigation, he violated this policy. But on July 12, McCabe pointedly told Axelrod that the FBI was not using overt measures that require Justice Department approvals; it was being discrete. That is what DOJ policy requires — not that law-enforcement activity be suspended during campaign season, but that investigators avoid open and notorious tactics that could prejudice a candidate in the minds of voters.

Discretion, however, was not good enough for the Obama Justice Department. As the Journal recounted, officials there considered the Clinton Foundation probe “dormant” and were angry that the Bureau was still “chasing” it.

Axelrod calculated that if he huffed and puffed enough, the FBI would get the message. To his credit, McCabe wouldn’t let him get away with that. If Obama’s Justice Department wanted the case closed, Axelrod would have to give him a direct order. McCabe put it to Axelrod: “Are you telling me that I need to shut down a validly predicated investigation?” There was then a pause, during which Axelrod doubtless thought about how that would look. “Of course not,” he finally said.

Right.

Is McCabe the hero of the piece that he portrays himself to be? In a footnote, the IG report states that the “PADAG” concedes the accuracy of the Journal’s account of his conversation with McCabe, though he rejects the FBI “spin” creating a “totally unfair” impression of “political interference” — yes, perish the thought. Yet, however steely-spined he may have seemed to Axelrod, McCabe did issue a “stand down” order — at least according to agents down the chain of command, the Journal reported.

The Obama Justice Department “guidance” about the Clinton Foundation probe reminds us of their approach to the Clinton emails caper — call it a “matter” not an investigation; do not use the grand jury; instead of subpoenas, try saying “pretty please” to obtain evidence; do not ask the co-conspirators hard questions because they’re lawyers so that might infringe attorney–client privilege; let the witnesses sit in on each other’s interviews; let the suspects represent each other as lawyers; if someone lies, ignore it; if someone incriminates himself, give him immunity; have the attorney general meet with the main subject’s former-president husband on the tarmac a few days before dropping the whole thing; oh, and don’t forget to write up the exoneration statement months before key witnesses — including the main subject — are interviewed.

With the Clintons, though, enough is never enough. Obama Justice Department officials, figuring they were only a few days from succeeding in their quest to become Clinton Justice Department officials, decided to try to disappear the Clinton Foundation investigation, too.

After nearly two years of digging, there is still no proof of Trump-campaign collusion in Russian election-meddling. But we have collusion all right: the executive branch’s law-enforcement and intelligence apparatus placed by the Obama administration in the service of the Clinton campaign. To find that, you don’t need to dig. You just need to open your eyes.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
A few more weeks. In a few more weeks the IG report will come out. Oh it will be ignored by the MSM, but that won't make it go away. As long as it is accompanied by criminal indictments I will be happy.

I am tired, very tired, of the lack of accountability in this country. I am tired of two seperate systems of justice. I am tired of the elites in Washington being held to a different standard. I am tired of seeing people do things that would put me UNDER the jail walking away.

It needs to END.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
So is everyone else. The harder the media tries the less and less people watch. Alternative news is ruling the day. People are waking up.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
A few more weeks. In a few more weeks the IG report will come out. Oh it will be ignored by the MSM, but that won't make it go away. As long as it is accompanied by criminal indictments I will be happy.

I am tired, very tired, of the lack of accountability in this country. I am tired of two seperate systems of justice. I am tired of the elites in Washington being held to a different standard. I am tired of seeing people do things that would put me UNDER the jail walking away.

It needs to END.

Agree. It will be interesting to see if there will be any teeth put behind the IG report. Actually this report was supposed to be out in March so it's being held back for some reason. Remember Horowitz is after all part of the Obama swamp. I don't put 100% faith in any of them. Remember when we all thought Comey was the MAN!The straight shootin' sheriff who was going to take Hillary down not because he leaned Republican but because she committed crimes! Look where we are now.

A lot of people have already experienced investigation/lawsuit fatigue and quit listening long ago. Because every morsel of information gets posted here and us junkies read it is easy to start thinking everyone else is as informed as we are.

Most people just have a very thin surface level idea of what all this is about and wouldn't even be able to tell you who McCabe, Strozk, Page, Mueller, Cohen even are. No clue.

It's when something does happen and when it happens does it become of any importance. Say Cohen goes to jail just before the mid terms. What? Trumps personal attorney got jail time? Wow they must really be crooked and corrupt we better vote democrat!!
This is how people will react without knowing anything leading up to it.

Everything in between is for our amusement.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
At least we’re not kicking over trash cans over some third rate burglary.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I don't think the IG report is beingbheld back, I think he found way more dirt than he was expecting. Couple that with running everything by Huber for possible (they better) prosecution and I can see it going over schedule. I remember reading May 8th is that when he goes before congress or something?

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
At least we’re not kicking over trash cans over some third rate burglary.

You reckon that when this is all over, and if Trump is vindicated, that Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman will make a movie about this?

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think the IG report is beingbheld back, I think he found way more dirt than he was expecting. Couple that with running everything by Huber for possible (they better) prosecution and I can see it going over schedule. I remember reading May 8th is that when he goes before congress or something?

Would rather wait 2 years and guarantee jail time or have it done in 3 months and have them fumble the ball cause some procedural error? Defeating corruption takes time.

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:

Would rather wait 2 years and guarantee jail time or have it done in 3 months and have them fumble the ball cause some procedural error? Defeating corruption takes time.

Where would they find a jury willing to convict? Certainly not in D.C.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post