SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
One by one these Trump hating Obama leftovers are walking into quicksand with their books and bitchy testimony. The Trump over ride of Sessions for states to decide on mary jane will swing more libs to the right side IMO. No state is gonna turn down legal weed tax revenue.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Report This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
So, yesterday deputy FBI dir got called into the PDJT office for a little woodshed session. News reports say the topic was timely response to congressional record requests.

This afternoon’s news have the three congressional chairmen asking for the Comey memos which triggered the entire Muller investigation. They want the memos by Monday.

Poor Rod may be set up for a firing.

I’m thinking the Thursday discussion included the president saying he wouldn’t tolerate any more document delays.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Rush says Comey's book will do Rep's more good and Dem's will come to regret it.

Did he give reasons why?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
an article that Rosenstein is prepared to be fired

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...red-be-fired-n865596

but in that article, there is this:

"Rosenstein has said in recent private conversations that history will prove he did the right thing by firing Comey in May 2017, claiming that the American people do not have all the facts about what led to his decision to write the memo that led to Comey's dismissal, the sources said."

We don't need history books. We need the truth now.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
an article that Rosenstein is prepared to be fired

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...red-be-fired-n865596

but in that article, there is this:

"Rosenstein has said in recent private conversations that history will prove he did the right thing by firing Comey in May 2017, claiming that the American people do not have all the facts about what led to his decision to write the memo that led to Comey's dismissal, the sources said."

We don't need history books. We need the truth now.

Why do you think his memo was not the truth?

When I read it, I thought he was dead bang on the money. Everything one does in tha circle seems to draw criticism and much of it is unjustified.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Mueller investigation might end fairly soon.

“… Prior to the Cohen raid, Mueller's team had wanted to finalize a report on whether the president obstructed justice in the Russia investigation in the next few months, with three sources telling NBC News that report could have come as early as May or as late of June.

But now without a presidential interview, Mueller and his team may be able to wrap things up even sooner, as the lawyers won't have to prep for a sit-down with Trump…”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...erviewing-Trump.html

So how long does it take to say, "We worked our asses off, 24/7 trying to find anything to hang on Trump. No luck, so we are quitting!" ??

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Trump has pardoned Scooter Libby-- a terrible miscarriage of justice that he was ever imprisoned.

W did not have the balls-- or brains-- or heart-- he lacked something that was needed to pardon this man.

Then again, he stood by while two border guards were sent to prison for shooting a known drug dealer.

https://www.politico.com/story...scooter-libby-522055

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

Then again, he stood by while two border guards were sent to prison for shooting a known drug dealer.

Oh, please! Are you really dragging in Ramos and Compean?

I followed that case very closely. I found the trial transcript online, read the whole thing with Google Earth, the indictments, the motions, the trial, the appeals. I don’t know what you expect from their proven conduct. Their misbehavior was amply demonstrated, and like all instances where we ask people to do a hard job, there are instances when they mess up, with serious ramifications. Shooting the kid might have been explainable, but as I recall they made no effort to report the shots fired, make reports or comply otherwise with BP policies. The shooting was unfortunately reported by a friend of the mother of the victim, not by the two patrolmen, to BPs in another sector. Very bad!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Trumps trolling them with Scooter Libby- ""treated unfairly" by a special counsel".

When was the last time anyone thought of Scooter Libby?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I don't want to drift this thread, but one guard fired because the drug dealer refused to stop and he said he believed that the dealer was armed and might shoot him. Not so far fetched, seems to me. His partner opened fire when he heard the shots and one round struck the drug dealer in the ass. He kept right on driving and got away.

They testified that they thought they had completely missed him, since he drove away. The worst thing they did was that they avoided the paper work of shots fired. That's what they were sent to prison for.

Bush eventually commuted their sentences.

Libby he just turned his back on.

To get back on track, I'm glad Trump pardoned him.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:

my comment about "needing the truth now" was targeted to:

"claiming that the American people do not have all the facts about what led to his decision"

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Trumps on live with a national news announcing approved air strikes against Syria...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Damn it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Damn it.

??????

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
quote:

my comment about "needing the truth now" was targeted to:

"claiming that the American people do not have all the facts about what led to his decision"

I have just now reread the memo to Sessions, Sessions letter to President Trump and the President’s letter to Comey.

I think Rosenstein laid out the facts and DOJ policies, along with noting the concurrence of a number of recent AGs and DAGs in the policies and application of those policies in the situation. I still wonder what facts are not known pertaining to the situation.

A lot of time and energy in DC seems to be devoted to conjuring up cover stories to deflect attention from actual motives, circumstances, to make the participants look good. Maybe that is what is going on here.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...-comey-confesses.php

Quote from Comey book:

"It is entirely possible that, because I was making decisions in an environment where Hillary Clinton was sure to be the next president, my concern about making her an illegitimate president by concealing the restarted investigation bore greater weight than it would have if the election were closer or if Donald Trump were ahead in all polls. But I don’t know."

blogger's comments:

He didn’t want the forthcoming Clinton administration to be “illegitimate.” Of course, his entire effort since Donald Trump won the election has been to make the Trump administration illegitimate.

Corrupt and partisan bureaucrats like James Comey can do incalculable damage.

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Entertaining blog from D Blackman regarding the pending Horowitz report.

Far different story than what the recent spate of MSM continue to report:

http://dbdailyupdate.com/index...ells-coming-with-it/

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Corrupt and partisan bureaucrats like James Comey can do incalculable damage

Him and his ilk need to meet a rope, a tree, and the pommel of a saddle.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
My thanks to JALLEN, sdy, and others for staying on top of this and providing the valuable links and clarification you have of the mountain of information coming out. I appreciate it greatly and I'm sure lots of others do as well.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The report comes out in May huh. So by June we will know if Sessions really is a man of law and order or if he is just another establishment hack like Holder/Lynch.