SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Trump’s tax reform boosts optimism among manufacturers to record highs

Jobs in manufacturing surge to highest levels since December 2008
President Trump’s tariff plan is timed correctly to boost jobs, says Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul.
Optimism among American manufacturers is at record highs thanks to the after-effects of the GOP’s recently-implemented tax reform law, a new survey shows.

More than 93% of manufacturers have a positive outlook on their company’s prospects in the U.S. economy – the second-highest level ever recorded by the National Association of Manufacturers – its most recent quarterly survey revealed. Meanwhile, optimism among small manufacturers was at its highest level ever recorded throughout the survey’s 20 year history; 94.5% of companies reported that they were positive about their future.

Wage growth among those manufacturers surveyed also rose at the fastest pace in 17 years. Despite a strengthening labor market, wage growth has remained sluggish in the overall U.S. economy as productivity growth stagnates. However, the Trump administration is hopeful that an uptick in investment in the U.S. economy will begin to reverse those trends, a sentiment echoed by NAM president Jay Timmons.

“Empowered by tax reform and regulatory relief, manufacturers are now investing in our people through new jobs, higher wages, bonuses and growing our operations right here in the United States,” Timmons said in a statement.

The survey showed that manufacturers expected full-time employment to increase by 2.9% on average over the next year, an all-time high by the survey’s standards. Companies also said capital investments are likely to rise by 3.9% over the next 12 months, while inventories are expected to rise by 1.7%.

Among the items manufacturers are hoping to see moving forward in order to continue boosting optimism in the sector are the implementation of the $1.5 trillion infrastructure revamp, continued deregulation and increased opportunity to sell products overseas.

The top concern for companies was the ability to attract and maintain qualified workers.

On Thursday afternoon, President Donald Trump will tout the benefits of tax reform during a speech in the Rose Garden.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/ma...rers-to-record-highs

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
The 'blue wave' propaganda is certainly in full swing.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
RNC is hitting back at LyinComey and the majority of the clips are from the Leftist hacks calling for him to be fired.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
See if you can make it through this.

Cuomo is NOT a journalist and needs to have the ever-loving shit stomped out of him. My God! Mad

Interupt the man some more, you ASSHOLE! That's why he agreed to be on your show- to listen to you talk! Mad

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Mueller investigation might end fairly soon.

“… Prior to the Cohen raid, Mueller's team had wanted to finalize a report on whether the president obstructed justice in the Russia investigation in the next few months, with three sources telling NBC News that report could have come as early as May or as late of June.

But now without a presidential interview, Mueller and his team may be able to wrap things up even sooner, as the lawyers won't have to prep for a sit-down with Trump…”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...erviewing-Trump.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'll believe it when I see it.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
poor April Ryan

apparently this moron who has only one question in her bag of tricks - and that is asking if Trump is going to resign - has been getting death threats...

Reporter April Ryan said she has received death threats after asking White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders whether President Trump has considered resigning.

Ryan, a White House correspondent for American Urban Radio Networks, defended her question while appearing on CNN and told host Wolf Blitzer that she's received a wide range of reactions to the question.

"Some are saying it was a great question — people who do not support this president. And those who are supporting this president are outraged, are angry." Ryan said. "I've been getting death threats, and we've been calling the FBI."

Ryan asked Sanders Tuesday if Trump had thought about stepping down at any point. She told Blitzer that she asked in the context of the FBI raid of Michael Cohen's office, Trump's personal attorney, but that she's heard before from sources that Trump was considering resignation.

Sanders said no and dismissed Ryan's question as "absolutely ridiculous."

"That is not illogical, irrational. It is a real question on the table that a White House does not want to deal with," Ryan said on CNN.

The two have had contentious exchanges before during press briefings, and Ryan even sparked a Twitter feud with Sanders over whether the press secretary actually baked a pie she posted a picture of.

Ryan has also said before that she's gotten death threats. After asking former press secretary Sean Spicer about the perception of connections between the administration and Russia, Spicer told Ryan to "please stop shaking your head" during his answer.

"Unfortunately, I was roadkill today," Ryan said after the briefing. Ryan went to the FBI with death threats she had received after that exchange, too, The Washington Post reported.

oh, boo freakin hoo

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

Reporter April Ryan said she has received death threats after asking White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders whether President Trump has considered resigning.

Lady, maybe you should seriously consider resigning yourself. Because you simply suck at your job.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How many times have we heard shit like this? She's making this claim because CNN gave her a spotlight to play the victim. She's lying. She's been in the Trump-hating spotlight several times since January, 2017, with the same kind of bullshit, but now she's getting death threats? Nope, sorry. It is simply not the truth.

Typical leftist victimhood, me, me, me bullshit. So very typical. It plays into the narrative that Trump supporters are violent racists.

These people are so full of shit, they are amoral.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
How many times have we heard shit like this. She's making this claim because CNN gave her a spotlight. She's lying. She's been in the Trump-hating spotlight several times since January, 2017, with the same kind of bullshit, but now she's getting death threats? Nope, sorry. It's is simply not the truth.

Typical leftist victimhood, me, me, me bullshit. So very typical. It plays into the narrative that Trump supporters are violent racists.

In this day and age, her claims (while if true, should be pursued) should be easy to verify.

It's like trying to tell me that you've seen bigfoot, yet all you have is a hazy video from your 1985 VHS shoulder camera, and for some reason the tracking is unable to be fixed. Sure. Whatever you say.... Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Veeper,

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Well sweetheart now you know what it’s like to be a conservative in some areas.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
"That is not illogical, irrational. It is a real question on the table that a White House does not want to deal with," Ryan said on CNN.

it's not the 'table' that is illogical & irrational; there IS no damn table you didn't try to invent to justify your gross incompetence & obvious non-journalist opinions

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

“… Prior to the Cohen raid, Mueller's team had wanted to finalize a report on whether the president obstructed justice in the Russia investigation in the next few months, with three sources telling NBC News that report could have come as early as May or as late of June.

But now without a presidential interview, Mueller and his team may be able to wrap things up even sooner, as the lawyers won't have to prep for a sit-down with Trump…”

You must not remember Lawrence "Don Quixote" Walsh. His Iran-Contra witch hunt went on for many years.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Ms Ryan, the answer is no, he’s staying on just to personally piss you off, and drive your blood pressure up to the highest levels, have a nice day.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

You must not remember Lawrence "Don Quixote" Walsh. His Iran-Contra witch hunt went on for many years.

You mean that Iran/Contra investigation ended??
As long as Trump is president there will be an investigation. These are designed to never end.
Horowitz was supposed to end his last month and that hasen't happened either. There is so much crime and corruption going across the board in DC that once an investigation starts it goes into infinity.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
See if you can make it through this.

Just couldn’t do it. Didn’t make five minutes before I had to shut the rude moron off.

quote:
Cuomo is NOT a journalist and needs to have the ever-loving shit stomped out of him. My God! Mad

Interupt the man some more, you ASSHOLE! That's why he agreed to be on your show- to listen to you talk! Mad

Agree 200%. The little bit I could manage just ensured that were he run over by a bus I’d likely cheer.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Chris Wallace on Comey book

video at

http://insider.foxnews.com/201...nce-any-trump-crimes

Wallace:

"It seems to me that the real story in this book is that there's no new hard evidence of any crime, of anything illegal, and it doesn't really change the equation on President Trump,"

"Comey has done more damage to his own reputation than he has to President Trump"

"It surprises me how bitchy the book is"

President Trump tweet on Comey book:

"James Comey is a proven LEAKER & LIAR. Virtually everyone in Washington thought he should be fired for the terrible job he did - until he was, in fact, fired.

He leaked CLASSIFIED information, for which he should be prosecuted. He lied to Congress under OATH. He is a weak and untruthful slime ball who was, as time has proven, a terrible Director of the FBI. His handling of the Crooked Hillary Clinton case, and the events surrounding it, will go down as one of the worst "botch jobs" of history.

It was my great honor to fire James Comey!"

Chris Wallace then said "strong letter to follow"

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Rush says Comey's book will do Rep's more good and Dem's will come to regret it.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Rush says Comey's book will do Rep's more good and Dem's will come to regret it.
Music to my ears

posted Hide Post
Trump Overrules Sessions: Promises To Protect States' Pot Legalization Rights

https://www.zerohedge.com/news...-legalization-rights

Just over 3 months ago, AG Jeff Sessions dropped a bongshell on the marijuana market when he rescinded policies allowing states to legalize pot.

But now, following Sen. Cory Gardner's, the Colorado Republican, threat to block all DOJ nominations, The Washington Post reports that President Trump has defused the standoff and promised the top Senate Republican that he will support congressional efforts to protect states that have legalized marijuana.

WaPo reports that in a phone call late Wednesday, Trump told Gardner that despite the DOJ memo, the marijuana industry in Colorado won’t be targeted, the senator said in a statement Friday. Satisfied, the first-term senator is now backing down from his nominee blockade.

“Since the campaign, President Trump has consistently supported states’ rights to decide for themselves how best to approach marijuana,” Gardner said Friday.

“Late Wednesday, I received a commitment from the President that the Department of Justice’s rescission of the Cole memo will not impact Colorado’s legal marijuana industry.”

He added:

“Furthermore, President Trump has assured me that he will support a federalism-based legislative solution to fix this states’ rights issue once and for all. Because of these commitments, I have informed the Administration that I will be lifting my remaining holds on Department of Justice nominees.”

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post