SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prisoners in New York will be issued free tablets under new contract
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prisoners in New York will be issued free tablets under new contract Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'd prefer to see them get free sledge hammers to make big rocks into little rocks.

Posts: 9507 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I'd prefer to see them get free sledge hammers to make big rocks into little rocks.

And little rocks into dust as my dad used to say.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
No, this is a profit making scheme by the company that is "donating" the tablets. The tablets will be free, but pretty much anything they'd do on them will cost the inmate or their outside people something.

quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
It says they cant connect to the internet and there is no cost to the taxpayer.

So exactly who is paying for all those tablets?

IMO, just more liberal horse pucky from the commies in charge of NY state.

And all those "feel good" justifications for this lunacy do nothing to actually address the FACT that prison is supposed to be a PUNISHMENT.

We lived about 75 miles from NYC back in 1977. Spent 9 relatively awful years there.

That whole NYC region is one huge shit hole which was proven to me when I had to spend 5 months in NYC going to IBM school in the center of the city. There were about 20 of us attending class and we were cautioned many times about going out alone at night.

We cashed our expense checks at the bank below where we went to class. I was amused to note that they had LEO presence in that bank whenever it was open. And that was at Penn station.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
or
$100.00 shiv's and shanks come to those living with out

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If you can think of that, I have to think the prison administration can also, and the tablets would be designed in a way to prevent that from happening.

Or not. Who knows?

quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
or
$100.00 shiv's and shanks come to those living with out

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post