SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's the best way to ship a bunch of guns at the same time to one destination? Whom to go with?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the best way to ship a bunch of guns at the same time to one destination? Whom to go with? Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I have had the FFL ship multiple pistols in a flat rate box with signature required.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Seriously, if it is in CONUS, deliver them yourself.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Theres a thread in the sig pistol forum title ship my gun, might want to check the thread out and see if it's an option.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
road trip !!

------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
you have (as you know) multiple options,

UPS and FedEx generally are good, just get a weight and and size and plug the zip in the calculator (don't forget the value)

biggest issue is regional, as in FedEx sucks locally (express and ground) and UPS is much better

USPS is generally cheaper , and in this area more reliable,

using priority, you would have to break the shipment up in smaller size lots to get it under the insurance threshold,

honestly, if you wanted to skip UPS/FedEx) I would ship Registered Mail,

takes longer, but it tracked from stop to stop, I use them to ship MG's without issues (I am a FFL/SOT)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
It would be cheaper to drive them.

A large package to UPS shouldn't be that expensive if it went ground...but don't they require overnight? Overnighting a large package sounds very expensive.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I would imagine its hard to beat the cost of an FFL to FFL via USPS flat rate box(s). depending on the gun(s) they probably go multiple per box,but I did not check the regulations on that.

lets assume they are vintage SIGs, cardboard boxes (not clamshell plastic)
2 may fit in a Med Flat Rate ($15 rounded)
3 may go in a Large Flat Rate, (the long box not the square)($20 rounded)

then add the insurance, and adult sig confirmation,

the large would be (3 per box, 18 guns) around $120 to ship, add ~$39 for Adult Sig Confirm, and whatever insurance cost, (assume $800 value each)

so each of 6 boxes would be $60,

registered, if you can keep the weight under 65-70 lbs,
shipping DFW to central va, (75812->23112)
65lbs,
guessed a size (27x14x14, may be small)
and assumed $14,000 value,

looks like ~$150

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I would imagine its hard to beat the cost of an FFL to FFL via USPS flat rate box(s). depending on the gun(s) they probably go multiple per box,but I did not check the regulations on that.

the large would be (3 per box, 18 guns) around $120 to ship, add ~$39 for Adult Sig Confirm, and whatever insurance cost, (assume $800 value each)

65lbs,

looks like ~$150

Also check what you shipping Fedex overnight is, based on one box to the FFL (measurements/weight) (all 18 guns) and appropriate insurance. I've found that when shipping overnight, it's expensive but the larger the box the price increase isn't linear and sometimes not that terribly priced. Insurance is generally $1 per $100 with Fedex (over the first $100 included by Fedex).

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

65lbs,

looks like ~$150

^^^^^^^^^^
After reading the options, this one makes the most sense. Let us know what you decide, it is useful information. THanks

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post