SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's the best way to ship a bunch of guns at the same time to one destination? Whom to go with?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the best way to ship a bunch of guns at the same time to one destination? Whom to go with? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
18 guns. Recommendations please. Thanks.

Edited: Whom to go with for the actual shipping.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
When I get some of my larger medical devices they come in a wooden crate (think the "major award" lamp scene in Christmas Story). You could individually bubble wrap them and put them in a wooden crate for security.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
When I get some of my larger medical devices they come in a wooden crate (think the "major award" lamp scene in Christmas Story). You could individually bubble wrap them and put them in a wooden crate for security.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. Whom to go with for the actual shipping.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure, but your title may catch some attention from some SJW if you post it on Facebook. Not that you would. LOL

Is this out of state? Wonder if Ship my gun has special deals on 18 guns. Someone here wiil know for sure.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My buddy the FFL sold a M2 several years ago. From NC to Washington State. He and I boxed it up, in a crate and he drop shipped it. We just had to take it to a shipping facility, IIRC it was Barnes trucking. They put it on a flatbed and drove it.

He told the shipper it was a machine gun, but the driver had no ideas, even had gps tracking to keep up with it. It wasn’t really expensive either.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
am wondering if the recipient of all those guns would just come and get them or find a way for them to be transported ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
am wondering if the recipient of all those guns would just come and get them or find a way for them to be transported ?

How would the FFL transfer process work, if they come and get them? Can they do the transfer here, then take them guns home to another state? I wouldn't want them to just come and get the guns and transport themselves back home. Got to go through the FFL, first, right?

Q

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
They have to be thru a FFL if it goes across state lines, unless it’s shipped to yourself.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Look into https://www.uship.com/ depending on how big/heavy your load is, where it's going, etc. The shippers should be able to help with necessary requirements.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Are you shipping for yourself, selling them or giving to someone? I can’t tell from your post. This may help:
https://www.atf.gov/resource-c...p-10-qaspdf/download

Posts: 4075 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

How would the FFL transfer process work, if they come and get them? Can they do the transfer here, then take them guns home to another state? I wouldn't want them to just come and get the guns and transport themselves back home. Got to go through the FFL, first, right?

From this info it seems as though you are selling to someone out of state.
The buyer must pick the guns up from a receiving ffl in his state not yours.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Look into https://www.uship.com/ depending on how big/heavy your load is, where it's going, etc. The shippers should be able to help with necessary requirements.

Thanks. Just checked with them. Unfortunately, they do not ship firearms.

quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
quote:
quote:

From this info it seems as though you are selling to someone out of state.
The buyer must pick the guns up from a receiving ffl in his state not yours.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Yes, selling.

I'm just planning ahead for a potential sale of a group of firearms. Thinking out loud.

Q

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm just planning ahead for a potential sale of a group of firearms. Thinking out loud.[/b]

Aw man. Bummer. I was envisioning the ultimate Qarma. Big Grin

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are they pistols or rifles? Are all of the guns going to one buyer?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
All pistols. One buyer.

Q

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
12131... I’m an FFL/SOT up here in DFW. Feel free to pm me or call. I’m brainstorming of some ideas.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
What about you and your FFL figure out the best way to ship (I know that's the burning question and thread topic) and then your FFL ships to the buyer's FFL and you pay the cost? Unless I were selling straight to a family member, that's about the only way I would personally want the transaction to go down...create a paper trail that gives you indemnity should something go awry. Looks like Mustang-PaPa touched on that...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Yes, a friendly FFL will have access to less expensive shipping methods than you will.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Handguns usually ship USPS in a flat rate box. Last I checked both Fedex and UPS required either 1 or 2 day shipping, I forget which, and it gets pretty expensive. Any handgun I've taken in or sent out has been USPS and they do typically have to travel from FFL to FFL.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would imagine its hard to beat the cost of an FFL to FFL via USPS flat rate box(s). depending on the gun(s) they probably go multiple per box,but I did not check the regulations on that.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post