SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question for Car Audio/Video Experts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for Car Audio/Video Experts Login/Join 
posted
I have a 2011 Toyota Sienna XLE. It has a backup camera that goes to a little screen which also shows other info like miles left on tank. I would like to replace the head unit with a double DIN DVD or Blu Ray receiver and re-route the backup camera video to it. I would also like to add a flip down display on the ceiling for the kids with an HDMI input.

Does this sound doable? I don't know much about car video.

Thanks!

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Utilizing the rear view camera with an aftermarket radio shouldn't be an issue for a good installer, but my bet is you'll likely lose the added info (i.e. miles left on tank, etc) given that comes from other inputs. And instead of a roof mounted monitor for the kids in the back seat, I'd strongly suggest you look at this option instead... Headrest monitors. You can opt for permanent or temporary mounted options, with the upside being each kid has a monitor directly in front of them, and you lose no visibility through the rear view mirror or out the back of the vehicle like you would with a roof mounted alternative.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post