SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Armslist Going To Monthly Fee?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Armslist Going To Monthly Fee? Login/Join 
posted
I can logon but can't edit anything and they want $6.98 a month fee before I can edit anything. I only use ArmsList for face to face local stuff...scammer Buyers can still contact Sellers for free though.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I just listed a scope on there last week and didn't see anything like that.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I just listed a scope on there last week and didn't see anything like that.

They just started 2-3 days ago....I have a listing on there and was going to pull it and place it on the Classifieds here and can't delete without paying

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll leave mine up forever then. I'm not paying to delete.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I guess I'll leave mine up forever then. I'm not paying to delete.

I am not going to pay either but according to Classified rules an item can't be cross posted...if someone can figure out a way to edit for free please let me know

The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SummersAtTheLake:
I can logon but can't edit anything and they want $6.98 a month fee before...Buyers can still contact Sellers for free though.

Unfortunately that’s not the case. Arms list now requires a paid account in order to contact the seller.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
quote:
Originally posted by SummersAtTheLake:
I can logon but can't edit anything and they want $6.98 a month fee before...Buyers can still contact Sellers for free though.

Unfortunately that’s not the case. Arms list now requires a paid account in order to contact the seller.

Looks like a buyer can contact a "premium/paying" seller but unless a sellers pays then contact is not permitted

posted Hide Post
I guess that I’m done with armslist.

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the jumped the shark: https://www.armslist.com/blog/news

Guess I won't be wasting any more time browsing over there.....

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hawgster:
I guess that I’m done with armslist.

Ditto

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Armslist to go the way of Photobucket.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I’m not paying money to deal with idiots who think that their guns go up in value and want to give you their old hi point plus a 6 pack of beer for your sig..

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I noticed it yesterday. In AZ, the site has become nothing more than a place for gun shops and pawn shops to list their wares, very few individuals anymore.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Wow, and here I thought Armlist was full of scammers and other threats and lucky to have people there participating at all.
I've always thought of them as a no go and never considered buying or selling there ever.

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Wow, and here I thought Armlist was full of scammers and other threats and lucky to have people there participating at all.
I've always thought of them as a no go and never considered buying or selling there ever.

I have did a bunch of face to face deals on ArmsList and never had a problem with the meet....you had to weed out the scammers though.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Did Armslist charge any fees at all, before they started this new monthly fee?

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Not that I'm aware of, and I've made a LOT of purchases through that site by contacting individual sellers.

Edit: I was waiting for something like this to happen, but was hoping they'd limit fee's to high volume posters like pawn shops.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I've had to weed out a lot of scammers on Armslist, but have otherwise had good experiences there. If they'd do something about the scammers, it could be worth paying a nominal annual fee. But they need to offer increased value before charging anything. I guess this is what's needed to get a better gun classified going soon. Business prevention departments are rampant in every business.

Posts: 3532 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I know nothing about Armslist myself, but people complain about scams and nonserious offers all the time. Could this be a way of reducing them?
Just curious.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've had really good luck with Armslist in the past, but don't have much use for it any more, so I'm not too broken up about this.

quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:

Buying/selling on Armslist before wasn't that bad. No worse than Craigslist, and only marginally worse than Facebook Marketplace.

You used basic common sense to weed out of the scams (like sticking to face-to-face local deals for cash), and took steps to make the FTF meet safe, then just understood that there would be a certain percentage of tire kickers, window lickers, low-ballers, and no-shows that you'd have to deal with, as with any classifieds system out there.

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Not for basic buying/selling by individuals. But dealers could pay for fancier accounts to have their ads promoted, add extra photos, etc.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post