SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nissan unveils prototype for its new Z car
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nissan unveils prototype for its new Z car Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Wow, that's underwhelming and ugly!

That's how I feel. Looks like they just took the current car and rounded the edges.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
That's gotta be the worst looking front end on a car I've seen in years.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5047 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Meh indeed.
Did they collaborate with Tesla and a school for the blind?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12436 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I like it more than the 370Z.

This is a concept so the actual Z will be somewhat different. Hopefully not the kind of change we saw between the Supra prototype and the actual disaster they manufactured.

The tail section is the only area that I don’t like. It doesn’t look right but the aftermarket will likely come up with tons of options once the actual car is released.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It looks like it's built on the same platform, so the only thing that might be changed is some of the fiddley bits.

Posts: 4204 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
I'll see that and raise you several Toyota and Lexus models.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27977 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC: It is going to have to be just right for me to give up my '91 300ZX Twin Turbo!! I love this old car and with the computer upgrades, etc, it runs like a scalded dog!!

The 300ZX TT in yellow was a dream car of mine in high school ( graduated in '92 ). Good work.

MDS

Posts: 381 | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
DanH, Yep. Same platform but it looks like a new engine/transmission and body work.

Much like when Toyota “redesigned” the Tacoma by adding a new engine/transmission and bodywork Nissan is likely saving money by not starting over from scratch but rather improving upon an already good thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I’m really digging these designs.

Porsche did it already.

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

Yeah, those are worse than hideous.

Q

Posts: 26441 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"She's ugly from the front"....to paraphrase from a Lyle Lovett song.... Big Grin

Posts: 1274 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The concept has a 350Z / 240Z vibe going from the front. It’s not easy to do retro and modern styling cues at the same time. They could have done far worse. They are basically keeping the 370Z platform alive but with a MUCH more interesting engine and I think more retro looks which is a step in the correct direction. The Ford Mustang is slowly evolving into a more modern less retro looking car after every refresh. The 370Z was IMO a pretty bland looking Z car. This is moving in a better direction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I like that Nismo render above.
Looking forward to seeing what the more production ready models look like.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15364 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will it have a Jatco automatic transmission? If so, don't walk, RUN.

Posts: 716 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
That rectangle front grill needs some work. I like that it’s an all Nissan product.

JC

Posts: 1273 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really, really liked the 300ZX of the 90’s. But I am with the current club thinking this is ugly. I think it will only appeal to people who are Nissan/Z car fans already. I don’t see it winning over new fans from other brands.

Posts: 22 | Location: North GA | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

Yeah, those are worse than hideous.

Which is sad because that Yaris is actually a Mazda 2, which isn't a terrible looking car:

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4620 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I like it. It’s a parts bin special, and that’s a good thing. Using existing chassis machine and utilizing an engine already in their portfolio will keep costs down. The TT V6 will be amazing in this if they can keep the weight down. I love the simple interior. I’m tired of seeing IPads in the center stack. Like what I see so far. They can easily modify the existing chassis. I already know the motor is capable. As long as they remove the snap understeer and keep the weight under control it may be my next car depending on price.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12648 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKAngusKL:
Will it have a Jatco automatic transmission? If so, don't walk, RUN.

Automatic? Save the manuals!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15364 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
I’m not big on Nissan since a coworker had the CVT go out on her Pathfinder wIth less than 100K on the odometer. $3500 for a rebuilt CVT with 2yr. warranty and $6000 for a factory CVT.

No thanks!

I'm with you on the CVT.
Does the Z have this transmission?
My Titan and wife's Xterra does not and that was a plus.

Posts: 22933 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post