SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nissan unveils prototype for its new Z car
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nissan unveils prototype for its new Z car Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
After the soul crushing, terrible, and totally uninspired new automatic only BMW Supra debut I had low expectations when I heard a new Z was on the horizon. I was wrong.

I think there is a hell of a lot to be happy about so far! While the styling isn't for everyone I do see elements of all the Z cars in there and seeing that a V6 twin turbo with a manual will be available instantly makes me interested. There are already some very good looking renderings online with tweaked front and rear body kits. So far it’s looking damn promising.

Link to article and more pics

I love the side profile!!

Kinda funky looking rear end. Not horrible something just isn’t quite right here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Needs a pair of pumpkin shooters?

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’m really digging these designs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Yep that looks pretty nice imo. I'll most likely be putting one in the garage next summer. The Supra does nothing for me. Hopefully they don't make me wait for the Nismo and bring it day one.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nice retro clues in the design clearly a nod back to the original 240 in there, since they have the GT-R as the power leader in the lineup this will be welcomed.

I had a 280ZX 2+2 for a while, White with T-Tops, burgundy interior

Like the retro three round dials in the center of the dash

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's underwhelming and ugly!

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Not that I could buy another one but I wish they'd return back to a short 95" wheelbase. I'd love to get one but my body and budget would seriously object.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It's got a purty ass, not to fond of the rest of it

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am pleased with the side view, and not overly upset with the back view, BUT that front end/grill is just 9 kinds of wrong/ugly. The renderings where they changed the front end really got my attention. It is going to have to be just right for me to give up my '91 300ZX Twin Turbo!! I love this old car and with the computer upgrades, etc, it runs like a scalded dog!!

Posts: 6614 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rear end reminds me of the Datsuns. I think the taillights are supposed to be a kickback to the S14 240sx and/or 300zx. Overall, not a big fan...

Posts: 432 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WingedMedic:
Rear end reminds me of the Datsuns. I think the taillights are supposed to be a kickback to the S14 240sx and/or 300zx.

My thoughts exactly. It reminds me of my 1984 Datsun/Nissan 300ZX

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Not totally enthused but I can see some of the orginal 240Z styling influence.If I was so inclined and had the finances would love to have a orginal 240Z that had been restored/upgraded (restomod) with new technological coponents (brakes/suspension/etc). ............ drill sgt.

Posts: 2001 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me It’s got a real 70s Mazda Rx vibe. Nissans version Of what ford and Chevy and dodge did to their old muscle cars. Any performance specs ?

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
that front end/grill is just 9 kinds of wrong/ugly.

Keep in mind it’s a production intent prototype. It’s not 100% finished. When companies release cars at this stage, it’s very close but not finished. I assume they’ll finish of the grill and back end.l a bit more nicely. Take a look at current Z, I think the grill and front spoiler will be finished off more like that.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
that front end/grill is just 9 kinds of wrong/ugly.

Keep in mind it’s a production intent prototype. It’s not 100% finished. When companies release cars at this stage, it’s very close but not finished. I assume they’ll finish of the grill and back end.l a bit more nicely. Take a look at current Z, I think the grill and front spoiler will be finished off more like that.
Bingo. Developing a new car is an incremental process with manufacturers releasing intermediate designs many times to gauge public interest and to solicit potential customer input that goes back into future iterations. Nissan built the GT-R (I love that car), so they are very capable of creating an awesome new Z car. I sure hope they can deliver on that goal.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:

Personally I dislike the high belt line and squinty small windows. Give me lots of glass and a door I can comfortably rest my arm on horizontally with the window down.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7084 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I remember the 240-280z’s and see some in there but that is really ugly to me.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Where's the T top version?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I’m not big on Nissan since a coworker had the CVT go out on her Pathfinder wIth less than 100K on the odometer. $3500 for a rebuilt CVT with 2yr. warranty and $6000 for a factory CVT.

No thanks!

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post