SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My liberal friend
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My liberal friend Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I don't have liberal friends. I have liberal acquaintances through work and in the neighborhood and liberal family members, but no liberal friends.

I cut off my last liberal friend about a year ago when he dismissed me over my opinion on pulling troops out of Syria. We were friends through a mutual friend and my wife enjoyed being around them. He hasn't called me and I haven't called him. What some people don't understand is that I really don't need them and I never run after them. Life gets less dramatic that way. I don't have time to waste on physical and emotional parasites.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I previously worked with a ton of union loving, Obummer loving liberal nut jobs, who only voted the way their union told them to. None of them are my friends today, and most of them I could care less if I ever see their smarmy faces again. Most of them are hypocrites and I don't need their miss guided viewpoints or beliefs in my life.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I know the feeling. A good friend for the past 35 years, his wife is very liberal politically, very outspoken, and is arrogantly offended if someone has a different view (ie, she is always the smartest person in the room, how dare anyone have a different view).

You are describing my sister to the T.

And I think my sister-in-law. But I keep my distance to avoid any confrontation and to protect my sanity. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I don't and couldn't have any liberal friends.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I know several liberals

there is no way in hell I would consider them friends

they represent everything I hate

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
It's time. Liberal ≠ Friend.

Agreed. I can tolerate and be civil to family that is mentally ill, but I won't have them as friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I only talk to my little brother, because he’s my brother. And he’s always been a liberal. Mrs. Mike has a lifelong friend whom I call “your hippie friend”. I don’t antagonize her, but she would never be my friend. She’s spent a lifetime of making really bad decisions and can’t for the life of her figure it out. She’s wholly embraced the BLM and can’t see facts...

I haven’t Unfriended anyone of social media, I let them deport themselves....but it’s funny, I’ve never Asked any liberal person to be my friend....guess it’s true what they say...we all seek our own.

I live in a fact driven world- I guess that’s not hospitable to liberals

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
A leftist "friend" will turn you into authorities if it will further their agenda and they think you stand in their way.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I’ve lost a lot of friends and family to the dark side since 2016. Some of them gulped the Kool-Aid, and some seem to have been simply unable to escape the bombardment of propaganda and wound up believing enough of it to snap on me in ways that surprised and shocked me.

A little over two years ago, I finally stopped talking to my best friend of nearly twenty years, half my life. His mother-in-law lived with him and his wife and she was a rabid Trump hater who watched CNN all day long. After the bumpstock thing, he started to spout off about how horrible Trump was, and he was a single issue voter and when Trump attacks the 2A is where he gets off the train. Then when we ran that air strike on Syria, he had a big blow up about it being the start of a new war, and I said “no, it won’t be” which pissed him off. He had some comment about “big floppy clown shoes” in reference to the President and when I defended Trump, he attacked me and basically said I was just being a fanboi. I let it go.

Then Trump withdrew forces from Syria and no war happened and I joked with my friend: “Something about big, floppy clown shoes.” He got mad, took his ball and went home, saying he wasn’t going to just sit there and take me throwing shit in his face. I was stunned. It was ok for him to basically say I was a blind fanboi for not believing we were going to war with Syria, but how dare I joke with him about his being fantastically wrong about it when it didn’t come to pass. So we didn’t talk for a week, and I decided that if all our friendship was going to be was fighting about the President with him launching CNN propaganda attacks and getting pissed at me when they turned out to be nothingburgers (and they have been nothing but, before and since), that I didn’t need that in my life. So I stopped replying to his messages online. I used to feel bad about it until I realized he still has my phone number, he knows how to reach me, but he wasn’t tried. I know he reads this forum and he’s even tried to pick a fight with me here sometime back. But my phone hasn’t rang.

Maybe some day, we’ll be friends again, but a lot has changed since then, and more will keep changing. I still believe that Trump being in the Oval Office is the best thing for this country, despite all the criticism. You go to war with the army you have, not the army you want, and this man fights for us. He isn’t perfect, but he’s the best we have and he’s done more good for the country than any president in my lifetime. All the unrest and division In this country isn’t his fault - it’s the fault of the people behaving like absolute children from the highest levels of government on down.

So if you end up reading this, brother, that’s where I’m at. Couldn’t take the negativity anymore and needed to start making some healthier choices for myself. Didn’t want to cut you out, but in the end, I had to.

Sorry for the wall of text. Needed to finally get that out.

Typical for those on the left. It’s ok for them to call you out or throw something in your face but how dare you to do it back to them.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
My liberal friend died 3 years ago. He and his wife were from "The Bay Area" so I forgave them for being liberals. I helped his widow in setting up a new Roku and YoutubeTV to save her some $ and she gifted me a bottle of his favorite scotch, Balvenie, from his stash. That was nice.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoot em in the a**, it’ll give them something think about every time they set down.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
A leftist "friend" will turn you into authorities if it will further their agenda and they think you stand in their way.

Which is one reason why they love “Red Flag” gun laws.

For the well-being of children, of course. The children.

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a liberal coworker that was the polar opposite of what i stand for. Funny thing, we were great friends and could at least put politics aside to agree on where to get a bite to eat.

My humble opinion: one of the many things that's wrong with people right now, they cant find common ground and get through life's issues. I hope that our country can recover from everything that is going on.

Posts: 377 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
My buddy is a vet, smart man and entrepreneur. We have talked politics and I would say he is more a moderate, as am I. The difference is we draw different conclusions. I think the root of this is he has not love for Democrats but discounts the shenanigans because he is offended by Trumps style. I and every here got over that and can look at his body of work, results and focus and are amazed at what DJT has been able to do.

I’m not afraid to admit that my opinion of DJT and his tenure as president has skyrocketed every day...coupled with a free-fall in my view of the liberals as they leave reason and embrace communism and chaos. He does not correct me on the Liberal idiots, but does try to find reasons to embrace them over DJT. I do not get it, do not agree but neither is it an issue. Respect him and his family and we only touch on politics to make fun of both sides (plenty there, though more fodder from the liberals). He actually got pissed for the first time when shared the Jackie Tapper interview interview with Biden’s campaign spokeslady who said because she/we “feel” that putting a Justice in now is wrong, it is unconstitutional. That pissed him off, first time. Think light bulb is coming on...

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VonFatman
posted Hide Post
cne32507,
good on you.

Posts: 376 | Registered: September 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I hate how progressives have polluted the word “liberal” to mean the exact opposite of its original definition. Progressivism is a cancer than consumes and destroys everything it touches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I think now there are no liberals. They have metastasized. They are Leftists. Some are radical revolutionary Leftists. Others are not.....yet. As such, they and I have an irreconcilable difference that eclipses all other common interests. I have no time for Leftism nor its zombies including my younger brother.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
I previously worked with a ton of union loving, Obummer loving liberal nut jobs, who only voted the way their union told them to. None of them are my friends today, and most of them I could care less if I ever see their smarmy faces again. Most of them are hypocrites and I don't need their miss guided viewpoints or beliefs in my life.

Did we work together ? Big Grin

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creedbratton2:

My humble opinion: one of the many things that's wrong with people right now, they cant find common ground and get through life's issues. I hope that our country can recover from everything that is going on.

I have no problem having a civil and adult discussion to find middle ground with democrats, but the problem with those “people” is that they are most definitely NOT interested in any way whatsoever in finding “middle ground”.

Further, if YOU do not submit to their way of thinking, across ALL subjects and issues, YOU are the one that is being unreasonable. ANY. TOPIC. They are fucking control and power freaks!

Andrew Breitbart nails it in this 20 second video.

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cookster, you're exactly right. The days of civil discussion and friendly disagreement seem long gone.

Posts: 377 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post