SIGforum
New Italian government hates the EU

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8490052244

May 26, 2018, 09:08 AM
Pipe Smoker
“…This week, a new government was formed — Italy’s 66th since the end of World War II.

The new prime minister, Guiseppe Conte, heads a rag-bag coalition of the anti-Establishment Five Star Movement and the far-right League.

They agree on very little but there is one policy on which they are in harmony: a hatred of Brussels.

It is no exaggeration to say that Mr Conte, a former law professor at Florence University, has the power to bring about the collapse of the EU…”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/deb...ger-collapse-EU.html

Serious about crackers
May 26, 2018, 09:25 AM
2000Z-71
This could get interesting...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.
May 26, 2018, 09:31 AM
parabellum
Excellent. The sooner this blight is gone from our world, the better.
May 26, 2018, 09:42 AM
Scoutmaster
All those who believe the EU leadership in Brussels is corrupt and self-serving, please raise your hand. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944
May 26, 2018, 09:52 AM
gearhounds
The more true first world governments step up and tell the EU to fuck off, the better it is for all of Europe.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
May 26, 2018, 10:05 AM
parabellum
Unelected rulers with truly stupid ideas. The EU council- they don't just need to disband their gang and cease destroying Europe. No, that is not enough. They need to go home and commit suicide. I could not be more serious. Get off of this planet. Your brand of stupidity is lethal. You want to do something to help the world? Well the EU is worst thing you've ever been a part of, so that's not the answer. If you really want to do something beneficial for the world, go home and kill yourselves, and do it very soon. Try not to screw it up.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
May 26, 2018, 12:48 PM
PD
Current non-elected President of the EU, Jean-Claude Juncker, took time earlier this month to celebrated the birthday of Karl Marx. What else do you have to know?
May 26, 2018, 12:50 PM
Il Cattivo
Why would switching back to the lira automatically mean that Italy would renege on a 600 billion euro loan from Brussels?
May 26, 2018, 12:57 PM
Birdvol
There's hope.

East European countries told Merkel...no, they wouldn't be bullied into being guilt tripped into accepting millions of muslims...unvetted muslims at that.

France, U.K., Germany, Sweden and others did accept them and as a result are ruined.

Oh, so in Sweden, Germany, etc you were raped by a pack of muslim monsters, ah, that's the price of diversity dear....now lay back and quit protesting you're I.V. is being compromised, these monsters, er, people have legitimate protests and you as a women should be wearing a bee keeper out fit and covering your face, unless you're a whore who should be violated and punished for being a female.
May 26, 2018, 01:46 PM
PD
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Why would switching back to the lira automatically mean that Italy would renege on a 600 billion euro loan from Brussels?

It shouldn’t mean a thing aside from the symbolic gesture of telling Brussels to go fuck themselves. It’s all about the debt service and revenue. The US dollar is the currency of every state and territory. If a states such as Illinois or Connecticut are in a hopeless mess it doesn’t really effect the fiscal health of more responsible states such as Wyoming or Utah and vice versa. Changing the currency does not change your fiscal health.

If a country is in financial trouble and thinks they can print their way out of it they will still have to deal with the consequences of inflation, debt, and higher interest rates. This is a lose/lose situation.
May 26, 2018, 02:36 PM
Sig2340
I think we should introduce Messrs Conte and Farage.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
May 26, 2018, 02:43 PM
egregore
quote:

What will next week's government's position be?
May 26, 2018, 08:21 PM
bigdeal
It's only a matter of time now. Whether it is Italy or someone else, the EU's days are numbered.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
May 26, 2018, 08:59 PM
roberth
Excellent news! I hate the EU too.

May 26, 2018, 09:13 PM
wcb6092
Makes me want to buy a new Beretta M9A3.

May 26, 2018, 09:26 PM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
It's only a matter of time now. Whether it is Italy or someone else, the EU's days are numbered.

I concur. And the sooner the better.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
May 28, 2018, 09:02 AM
Pipe Smoker
Foiled, for now…

“Italian PM-designate Giuseppe Conte has given up his bid to form a government after the country's president vetoed his choice of economy minister…”

www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-44275010

Serious about crackers
May 30, 2018, 03:59 AM
Pipe Smoker
Italy is yet more proof that Brussels only believes in democracy when it produces the “correct” result.

“Given the disdain for democracy that is regularly displayed by Europe's political class, the deepening political crisis in Italy is all too predictable.

Yet again, we are seeing the pro-Brussels establishment showing that it will not tolerate any challenge to its project of political integration.

In the mindset of the governing elite, the European orthodoxy must prevail, even when it means riding roughshod over the wishes of voters…”

www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/art...s-NORMAN-LAMONT.html

Serious about crackers
May 30, 2018, 07:29 AM
TMats
The “deepening political crisis” in Italy is being blamed for yesterday’s stock market losses. In the Western World, the political Left may not be winning elections, but they damn sure maintain a large measure of control through a deeply entrenched network of judges, media, political leaders, and international organizations like the EU and the U.N. They remain dangerous as dynamite.

May 30, 2018, 12:53 PM
nhtagmember
sweet - another one about to put the screws to the EU

love it

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC