SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Teen mob takes over commuter train in Oakland; passengers beaten and robbed...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Teen mob takes over commuter train in Oakland; passengers beaten and robbed... Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yep, they knew they had little to fear. In other parts of the country, they would have more to fear. Smile
Exactly. Pull that in Dallas, Houston, etc. and the train will look like the cop bar robbery scene from Cod of Silence.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/3GAgIBgOA3M

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I'm in the area. I don't take BART often. But this is pretty scary. Even scarier I find about it on an internet forum and not on the news.

You would think this would be at the top of the headlines for this area.

Roll Eyes

Care to expound on the eye roll so that I understand what you're rolling your eyes at?

That I'm in the area? That I don't take BART often? That I think the situation is pretty scary? That I learned about it on an internet forum and not on tv? That I think this should be the top headlines for local news?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
You know what the headline would read:

Vigilante shoots unarmed child
A man confronted some rowdy teenagers and children on a train today and shot an unarmed child....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:....The scale of this attack-- 50 or more black teens-- is unusual, but not at all unprecedented. Otherwise, this kind of thing happens all across the country on pretty much a daily basis. The so called "media" ignores these stories, and sometimes actively suppresses them. As a result, these racist attacks, black-on-white, continue, and grow in number and in size....

And if politicians/media/public deny the root causes, due to political correctness, they will never solve the problem.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Who says they want to solve the problem?

Anyway, I can't imagine any reasonable solution to that problem other than maybe jumping into H. G. Wells' time machine and going back and whacking LBJ before he started the War On Poverty/Great Society shit.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
You know what the headline would read:

Vigilante shoots unarmed child
A man confronted some rowdy teenagers and children on a train today and shot an unarmed child....
That's precisely what would happen. And the guy would spend all of his assets on criminal and civil actions for the rest of his life.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Misunderstood yutes, but I'm just guessing since no surveillance tapes or real descriptions will ever be released to the public.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsd1220:
Misunderstood yutes, but I'm just guessing since no surveillance tapes or real descriptions will ever be released to the public.

According to the post on this on Second City Cop, many of the BART cameras are fakes, just empty boxes to make citizens feel safer. Alicia Trost, a BART spokeswoman, said the images cannot be shared publicly, because the attackers appear to be minors.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
The images cannot be shared publicly, she said, because the suspects appear to be minors.

I'm certain that's the reason Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
The agency ... is in the midst of installing surveillance cameras in train cars after The Chronicle reported that most of the existing cameras were decoys.

What's the point? If they're not going to share the images publicly, so there's a chance the perpetrators will be identified, why bother?

Never mind the fact that, even if they were identified, captured, and tried, the most they'd receive is a slap on the wrist and they'd be out doing it again.

quote:
You would think this would be at the top of the headlines for this area.

In a sane world: Yes. This kind of thing happens more often than people realize, if they realize it at all. Most don't, IME. There's a reason for that. Take a guess.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
The Subway Vigilante

"At the Bronx civil trial Goetz testified the first shot was Canty, Allen second, the third shot missed, Cabey fourth, and Ramseur fifth. The following similar shooting sequence is from Goetz's website:

I decided to shoot as many as I could as quickly as I could. I did a fast draw, and shot with one hand (my right), pulling the trigger prior to the gun being aligned on the targets. All actual shots plus my draw time occurred easily within 1.6 seconds or less. This is not as difficult to do as some might think, and occasionally I give a description of the technique along with a re-enactment. The first shot hit Canty in the center of the chest. After the first shot my vision changed and I lost my sense of hearing. The second shot hit lightning fast Barry Allen in the upper rear shoulder as he was ducking (later the bullet was removed from his arm). The third shot hit the subway wall just in front of Cabey; the fourth shot hit Cabey in the left side (severing his spinal cord and rendering him paraplegic). The fifth shot hit Ramseur's arm on the way into his left side. I immediately looked at the first two to make sure they were "taken care of," and then attempted to shoot Cabey again in the stomach, but the gun was empty. I thought Cabey was shot twice after reading a media account no shots missed; I had lost count of the shots and while under adrenaline I didn't even hear the shots or feel the kick of the gun. 'You don't look too bad, here's another', is a phrase I came up with later when trying to explain the shooting while I was under the impression that Cabey was shot twice. Cabey, who was briefly standing prior to the shooting, was sitting on the subway bench during all attempted shots. The others were standing. Shortly after the shooting my vision and hearing returned to normal.

Goetz does a shooting demonstration (five shots in 1.0 seconds) on the Biography Channel show Aftermath with William Shatner."

Goetz applied for a CCW but was denied. He bought an S&W Airweight in Florida anyway. IMO, he needed more bullets.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Report This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
The permit holder who cannot think of ways to change his angle of fire to not hit bystanders should give the subject more thought.

I would think that the rider/victims would be sitting. All 7 of them. while the perps would all be standing thus removing some of the danger of shooting up instead of straight on.

Now on a Saturday night, how many people are hanging on that platform when they see this mob coming from all directions or just one direction?

Hey, did they all jump the turnstile?

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Watch 60 "teens" brawl in a mall in Florida. Savagery on parade. These are feral beings, unsocialized, amoral, and violent, and as they spawn with one another, their numbers increase. This was a relatively small brawl, compared with a couple of years ago in the same mall when 150 "teens" punched it out.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/n...ffice-says/515646161

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:..."At the Bronx civil trial Goetz testified the first shot was Canty, Allen second, the third shot missed, Cabey fourth, and Ramseur fifth....

Sidenote on the Goetz matter. A Black journalist with WaPo, Carl Rowan, wrote a piece on Goetz, rejected the 4 against 1 self defense claim, asserted the shooting was pure racism. A few years later Rowan himself shot a white kid swimming in the backyard pool, wearing only his skivvies (and IIRC some alcohol). Rowan had an illegal gun, claimed self defense. After retirement, Rowan did admit to possible hypocrisy.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Who says they want to solve the problem?

This is the direction I think sometimes.

The left wants more police and less individual rights for citizens.

Their thinking? When enough privileged kids get stomped by the 'yutes, you'll hear the clamor for more taxes and police.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Watch 60 "teens" brawl in a mall in Florida. Savagery on parade. These are feral beings, unsocialized, amoral, and violent, and as they spawn with one another, their numbers increase. This was a relatively small brawl, compared with a couple of years ago in the same mall when 150 "teens" punched it out.

A similar incident occurred recently in SE Michigan. Five officers injured.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/...hland-mall-in-taylor

Of course the media elects to interview the "innocent" kid wrongly arrested and abused by police.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
That is the stop for the Oakland airport as well as the Raiders stadium and the Oracle Center where the Warriors play. My wife and I took the same train to and from that same station last week when we spent the weekend in San Francisco.....damn, scary.
"Warriors, Come out and Pla-ay."

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

Care to expound on the eye roll so that I understand what you're rolling your eyes at?

That I'm in the area? That I don't take BART often? That I think the situation is pretty scary? That I learned about it on an internet forum and not on tv? That I think this should be the top headlines for local news?

I can't speak for justjoe, I'll go out on a limb and guess it's a comment on the media's pattern of ignoring stuff like this.

Reporters Sleep as 60 Black People Rob a BART Train in Oakland

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The new Oakland raiders....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Tommy Sotomayor makes an undeniable point about incest among these, um, beings. He tells of an apartment project wherein more than 40 females were impregnated by TWO males. Tommy says the offspring will continue to live in that complex, then copulate with each other when they get to be 12 or 13 yrs old.

What a horrible outcome!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post