SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Teen mob takes over commuter train in Oakland; passengers beaten and robbed...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Teen mob takes over commuter train in Oakland; passengers beaten and robbed... Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The images cannot be shared publicly, she said, because the suspects appear to be minors.

Perhaps changing this policy is a good idea, release the photos, this isn't juvi behavior of leaving shit in a bag on fire on a porch, or tossing a rock at a car, couple of youths fighting on a school ground, it's a mob purposely assembled to terrorize people, hurt and steal. This policy should reflect the actions of the people involved.

No doubt they know that most NorCal civilians are not armed...and thus the most valid reason to not attack has been stolen from them...

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Time for another Bernhard Goetz

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Are y'all familiar with Colin Flaherty? If not, then watch some of his vids on YouTube or read his books:

White Girl Bleed A Lot

Don't Make the Black Kids Angry

This shit has been going on all over this country for years. The media and law enforcement ignore it and lie about it even happening.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Have you been in commuter/subway trains much? Start shooting in a commuter train, and the chances of NOT hitting a bystander are pretty to very low. There's pretty much no way of lining u a shot where bystanders won't be in the foreground and/or background, especially at peak times.

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Do that when I'm traveling on a train with my wife and daughter--and I'm in a state where I can carry--I won't even take two seconds to think about it before I start ventilating said undesirables.

On the other hand, you'll be at near-contact distance, and with limited movement possibility, numbers aren't as big of an advantage. Drawing a gun would be enough for these yutes to vacate the premises with remarkable speed.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I'm a little surprised this hasn't happened before. I will be very surprised if it doesn't happen again with more frequency now that they know it can be done.

I've taken BART countless times to that station to watch an A's game. Never felt unsafe.

Last time I did was about 5 years ago.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Are y'all familiar with Colin Flaherty? If not, then watch some of his vids on YouTube. This shit has been going on all over this country for years. The media and law enforcement ignore it and lie about it even happening.

I have watched his videos. My only complaint is that he has not yet distinguished between race and culture. He believes these people act the way they do because of their race. I assert it is because of their culture. The thug culture, for lack of a better term, consumes all who partake in it.

He does make a good point that reporting on these attacks and the players in them have been suppressed for PC reasons. I noticed that every article about this incident has the comments section disabled and no pictures nor details beyond age group are allowed. This is a conspiracy.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I don't doubt that he recognizes the difference as do all decent people. He may not explicitly state it in every video.

Does anyone include Cliff or Vero8 (from this forum) or Thomas Sowell or Walter Williams or Larry Elder with these little hood rats?

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No doubt a bunch of copycats just figured out what they're doing over summer vacation.

What's more troubling is that the attack happened Saturday night, hit the paper Monday morning, and BART's spokesweasel had no idea what to say when questioned. There's a serious lack of accountability at the highest level of local government. The good guys with badges are forced to work with their shoelaces tied together, the law abiding citizens are left to fend for themselves, and the bureaucrats fiddle. Somebody is going to die because the politicians have their heads so far up their collective ass.

What to do if confronted with such a situation? Pepper spray in a train car I'm stuck in? A knife fight in close quarters while greatly outnumbered? Hand over my shit and hope they don't beat my ass for fun? Poop on the seat and start throwing it?

Big boy crime should mean your picture gets published. Want to challenge your picture being published due to your age? Head to the station.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Report This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wouldn't start shooting wildly inside of a train car like I just jumped out of a bathroom in Pulp Fiction. I'd stay tight with my family, and if one of those cockroaches dared tried to lay a hand on me or mine...well, someone better call ServPro because I'm about to make a Jackson Pollock with that thug.
And here I thought you were gonna say you'd have to go medieval on his ass. Wink

Sorry, thought I was in The Lair...

In keeping with theme of the OP. This is the state of urban America though. I wouldn't think of taking my family on Marta (Atlanta). It's not safe.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't doubt that he recognizes the difference as do all decent people. He may not explicitly state it in every video.

Does anyone include Cliff or Vero8 (from this forum) or Thomas Sowell or Walter Williams or Larry Elder with these little hood rats?

On this forum? Not for a second. But reading the comments on his videos hurts my heart. Those people do not make the distinction. I think about how I'd feel were I someone like Cliff and reading those comments...its shameful. We're I Colin, I'd make the point in every video.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are y'all familiar with Colin Flaherty? If not, then watch some of his vids on YouTube or read his books:

White Girl Bleed A Lot

Don't Make the Black Kids Angry

This shit has been going on all over this country for years. The media and law enforcement ignore it and lie about it even happening.

Jim and I are the two on this forum who keep mentioning Flaherty. And I'm always surprised at how many-- even in this well-informed forum-- don't know what has been going on for many years now. The scale of this attack-- 50 or more black teens-- is unusual, but not at all unprecedented. Otherwise, this kind of thing happens all across the country on pretty much a daily basis. The so called "media" ignores these stories, and sometimes actively suppresses them. As a result, these racist attacks, black-on-white, continue, and grow in number and in size.

Eventually it will get to a scale that cannot be hushed and hidden. But a whole lot of innocent white people-- these attacks are unprovoked-- are going to get seriously hurt before that happens.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
American rail way stations should take a lesson from El Al Airlines and deploy some real security.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
[QUOTE]The images cannot be shared publicly, she said, because the suspects appear to be minors.

I cannot tell you how tired of this excuse.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Report This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
The images cannot be shared publicly, she said, because the suspects appear to be minors.

Bullshit. Post the images. Let the country see what is happening.

Yesterday or possibly the day before, "about a hundred" kids on BMX bicycles swarmed I-676, the "Vine Street Expressway", a 6-lane highway which runs roughly from 30th Street Station to the Ben Franklin Bridge. I saw footage on the web; it looked more like 200 kids. Shut down the Expressway. WHILE A GROUP OF UNLICENSED DIRT BIKE RIDERS OBSERVED FROM THE EDGE OF THE AREA.

Practice for Expressway shutdown during NFH Draft here in Philly? BLM? Robbery of high rollers en route?

These unlicensed dirtbag riders are getting bold. One cretin barreled into a suburban area two weeks ago fleeing police, ran OVER a little kid and her aunt, ditched the bike, carjacked a motorist, escaped, ditched the car and ran into surrounding woods.

Caught, thankfully, with a collapsed lung and other injuries.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.c...ung-girl-great-aunt/

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Time for another Bernhard Goetz

"Yes, I have five dollars for each of you."

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
This is an interesting scenario. Confined space, packed with innocents, victims, and attackers. Attackers are operating with a mob mentality. Several could be armed as well and not afraid to fire into a crowd if threatened

What do you do? What do you do?

gut 'em like a fish

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11279 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The point stands. Do you let rip in a subway car where you can't fire in a safe direction, where shooting a bystander is beyond possible to actively likely? This is a big issue to deal with in urban areas.

Even if you hit the target, pass through is always possible.

quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
So I assume you are neither a husband nor a father.

quote:
Have you been in commuter/subway trains much? Start shooting in a commuter train, and the chances of NOT hitting a bystander are pretty to very low. There's pretty much no way of lining u a shot where bystanders won't be in the foreground and/or background, especially at peak times.

quote:
Do that when I'm traveling on a train with my wife and daughter--and I'm in a state where I can carry--I won't even take two seconds to think about it before I start ventilating said undesirables.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm in the area. I don't take BART often. But this is pretty scary. Even scarier I find about it on an internet forum and not on the news.

You would think this would be at the top of the headlines for this area.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I'm in the area. I don't take BART often. But this is pretty scary. Even scarier I find about it on an internet forum and not on the news.

You would think this would be at the top of the headlines for this area.

Roll Eyes

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

These cowards would shit themselves trying to claw their at out at the first shot. If my life, or my wife and children ere in danger, I'd make as many of those fuckers leak as I needed to.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post