SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Baltimore prepares for protests (Freddie Gray case) Update: 4th Circuit Appeals blocks suit vs Mosby
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 51
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baltimore prepares for protests (Freddie Gray case) Update: 4th Circuit Appeals blocks suit vs Mosby Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
Starting next week (Wednesday), there will be court hearings re the Freddie Gray case.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/...-hearings/ar-BBm8rBh

court hearings will be held to consider several key issues in the Gray case, including whether charges against police officers should be dismissed, whether Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby should be recused and whether the trials should be moved out of Baltimore.

Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said Wednesday that city officials are preparing for protests as court hearings ramp up

"I'm not worried about protests, because when Baltimore people show up to protest, they do it in a way that allows people to focus on the message," Rawlings-Blake said

is her nose a little longer ?

also

http://www.baltimoresun.com/ne...-20150825-story.html

Circuit Judge Barry Williams quashed the subpoenas sought by Catherine Flynn, an attorney for one of the officers, to put Mosby, five other prosecutors, two investigators and an assistant medical examiner on the stand at the hearing scheduled next Wednesday.

Prosecutors called defense arguments that Mosby has several conflicts of interest in the case "illogical, unsupported, frivolous, and unprecedented."

but unfortunately, quite true

both sides have agreed to spend 15 minutes each on the defense motion to recuse the Baltimore state's attorney's office from the case.

Both sides also agreed to spend 15 minutes each on the defense motion to dismiss the case entirely based on "prosecutorial misconduct."

other motions pending: whether the case will be removed from Baltimore entirely.

Another major issue to be resolved is whether the officers will be granted separate trials.

All of the officers except Goodson have requested that they be tried separately from the others. Mosby's office is seeking to try the officers in two groups, with Goodson, White, Nero and Miller together in one and Porter and Rice in the other.

Defendants must be allowed to cross-examine witnesses against them, which cannot happen in a joint trial, and some experts have said the groupings may be based on statements the officers have made that incriminate one another.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I'm not worried about protests, because when Baltimore people show up to protest, they do it in a way that allows people to focus on the message," Rawlings-Blake said

This bitch is unbelievable.

And if there are protests over acquittals or throwing the charges out or whatnot, the protests should be over how incompetent their leaders are, not a case that should have never been even considered for trial.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then the message must be that they are allowed to destroy. That is the only message they sent the last time.

Posts: 12576 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Que up the popcorn and lane chair - burn this m-fer down!

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Lol. Two paragraphs that perfectly sum up how stupid she is.

Rioting, looting and arson broke out across Baltimore on April 27, hours after Gray's funeral. More than 200 people were arrested during the worst of the rioting, with more than 400 businesses damaged and more than 100 police officers injured. The city has conducted increased training and purchased new riot gear since the unrest, the mayor said.

"I'm not worried about protests, because when Baltimore people show up to protest, they do it in a way that allows people to focus on the message," Rawlings-Blake said. "We're focused on those individuals who wish to hijack or exploit the challenges we have in Baltimore — that they're not able to disrupt our communities."

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flyboyrv6
posted Hide Post
Perhaps this time the protesters will be allowed to finish the job they started and burn the whole city down.

Posts: 828 | Registered: January 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
That city is going to go nuts when there is 6 not guiltys. Worst thing I'm seeing from the evidence is not buckling up Freedie Gray, and its a long leap from that to assault or murder charges.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

quote:

We get the message, madam mayor.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
LMAO after reading this

quote:

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
LMAO after reading this

quote:

HAHA!!! Me too!! A burning CVS really REALLY keeps me focused on the message.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I'm not worried about protests, because when Baltimore people show up to protest, they do it in a way that allows people to focus on the message," Rawlings-Blake said.

"We're focused on those individuals who wish to hijack or exploit the challenges we have in Baltimore — that they're not able to disrupt our communities."

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"I'm not worried about protests, because when Baltimore people show up to protest,
they do it in a way that allows people to focus on the message..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's the gift that keeps on giving. Don't stop Stephanie!

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

is her nose a little longer ?

So what, precisely is the message? That it is OK to burn, loot, rampage as a form of "protest". Even before the facts are presented?

Reference: Ferguson.

And even after the facts are in, to the rabble, the facts make no difference.

Gee, we have our minds made up, so do not try to confuse the issue with actual facts.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
good one, mr monkey!

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Don't sweat it guys. I'm sure she's made room for those who want to destroy stuff to do so. What a joke this woman is. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
OT, but

Rawlings-Blake, 45, as secretary of the Democratic National Committee, she is slated to introduce 2016 front-runner Hillary Clinton at the DNC meeting in Minneapolis this weekend

After the police officers were indicted, arrests in the city plummeted, though she declines to "speculate" why. And she says the evidence suggests that the temporary decline in arrests wasn't behind the surge in murders.

At a meeting she's called for mayors in Baltimore this fall, Rawlings-Blake says they will discuss the need for a collaboration with the federal government to respond.

She says the mayors also will "lay out very clearly what we expect as a national agenda for cities" from the 2016 presidential candidates in both parties.

oh yes, don't we want to hear her ideas for a national agenda ?

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34131423

Freddie Gray case: Baltimore judge upholds officers' charges

A US judge has refused to drop charges for six police officers accused over the death of a black man in police custody, a case that sparked rioting in Baltimore in April.

The judge also rejected a motion to have the prosecutor recused at a hearing in the Freddie Gray death case.

The officers have pleaded not guilty to the charges, which range from false imprisonment to involuntary manslaughter.

Baltimore city judge Barry Williams also denied a second motion lodged by defence lawyers calling for the dismissal and recusal of the prosecutors at Wednesday's pre-trial hearing.
They argued misconduct by state prosecutor Marilyn Mosby, and wanted an independent outside prosecutor to handle the case.

Mr Williams is also expected to decide later on Wednesday whether the officers should be tried together or separately.

The full trial is not scheduled to begin until October.

Questions over whether the trial should be moved from Baltimore will be raised at a second pre-trial hearing in September.

I really have a bad feeling about this case. The chances of justice being served are very low.

No double standards
posted Hide Post
I know I am a broken record, but as long as Baltimore officials reject the truth and promote the lie, their problems will only get worse.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Freddie Gray case: Baltimore judge upholds officers' charges

That's terrible.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post