SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Baltimore prepares for protests (Freddie Gray case) Update: 4th Circuit Appeals blocks suit vs Mosby
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 51
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baltimore prepares for protests (Freddie Gray case) Update: 4th Circuit Appeals blocks suit vs Mosby Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Well written and interesting article. It's clear that the reporter is very sympathetic, but as sdy notes, she has paid a terrible personal and professional price for what she did. Her career is likely over, as it seems is her marriage. And while I had hoped her career was done, and in fact think she should be disbarred, I didn't wish the destruction of her family life on her.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Normally I'd agree leaving family out of it, but it looked like she wagered these charges to score points with the BLM'ers to bring hubby along with her. Had it just been her, things would probably look better for her.

Posts: 4164 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Well written and interesting article. It's clear that the reporter is very sympathetic, but as sdy notes, she has paid a terrible personal and professional price for what she did. Her career is likely over, as it seems is her marriage. And while I had hoped her career was done, and in fact think she should be disbarred, I didn't wish the destruction of her family life on her.

She did her best to destroy the lives of those 6 LEO's and their families. KARMA is a bitch!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:

She did her best to destroy the lives of those 6 LEO's and their families. KARMA is a bitch!

Exactly good sir.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:

^^^This. Once upon a time I might have cared (though minimally) about the total impact of this sort of nonsense, but no more. Mosby 'deserves' everything she has coming. Hopefully the two named mayor eats a big slice of this pie as well.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
"BALTIMORE (AP) - Baltimore's police commissioner is criticizing the decision of three officers charged but not convicted in the death of Freddie Gray to attend a conservative group's gala where they were honored for their service. …"

http://www.wgem.com/story/3327...s-appearance-at-gala

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
No shit. What a racist ass bitch. The program will end up targeting 90% black, 7% Hispanics, 2% white, and 1% other. I can't wait to see what happens when she realizes that of the 602 "trigger pullers" they have identified 583 are black.

Think about what will happen. They will order police to focus on high crime areas, same as what lead to Freddie Gray. No doubt "stop and frisk" will be tried using some other term. The majority of those sent to jail will be black unemployed males. This will lead to civil rights groups complaining that "too many men of color" are incarcerated.

One more police will be blamed.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
"BALTIMORE (AP) - Baltimore's police commissioner is criticizing the decision of three officers charged but not convicted in the death of Freddie Gray to attend a conservative group's gala where they were honored for their service. …"

http://www.wgem.com/story/3327...s-appearance-at-gala
This is the poster child of self imposed mental retardation in this country today.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
He does look as though he could be Alfred E. Neuman's father…

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Commissioner Davis' comments are even worse than in the link above.

The 3 officers were at a gathering of the Media Research Center. The MRC has a mission to "prove—through sound scientific research—that liberal bias in the media does exist and undermines traditional American values."

Here is a more complete version of what Davis said:

Lt. Brian Rice, and Officers Edward Nero and Garrett Miller, were honored by the conservative media group Media Research Center. Davis said he doesn't condone their appearance.

"I look at this as an opportunity to take a look at our policy to make sure it is stringent enough that will preclude police officers from engaging in that type of off-duty activity," Davis said. "I was certainly disappointed by their appearance there, and any time a person in public safety appears for or with a group that society looks at as a fringe group, and the group is divisive and doesn't speak to the values of Baltimore , I think that's a problem."

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/dav...nce-at-gala/41870058

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
He needs to wipe his nose. There seems to be a brown smudge of some kind upon it. Roll Eyes

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
"I look at this as an opportunity to take a look at our policy to make sure it is stringent enough that will preclude police officers from engaging in that type of off-duty activity," Davis said. "I was certainly disappointed by their appearance there, and any time a person in public safety appears for or with a group that society looks at as a fringe group, and the group is divisive and doesn't speak to the values of Baltimore , I think that's a problem."
Yep, I think my last post accurately reflects the mental mind set of this moron. Baltimore has a real winner there in this Police Commissioner. Roll Eyes

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.baltimoresun.com/ne...-20161013-story.html

For the first time there was a court hearing on the federal charges against Marilyn Mosby. The judge for the case is Judge Garbis.

Mosby and Deputy Chief Cogen of the Baltimore sheriff’s office are being sued by 5 of the 6 officers from the Freddie Gray fiasco.

Mosby’s lawyers filed for the case to be dismissed because as a prosecutor she is entitled to “absolute immunity”.

However, Judge Garbis said there was a distinction between prosecutors receiving an investigation from police and offering legal guidance, and prosecutors using their own investigation.

"This is the problem when someone tries to wear two hats and publicly states … that it was her investigation," Judge Garbis said.

Judge Garbis did not give a timetable for a decision on the motion to dismiss. He said some of the charges will be dropped, such as ‘false arrest” of the officers.

Judge Garbis at one point focused in on the argument over a knife Gray was carrying when he was arrested. Nero and Miller charged Gray with having a switchblade, illegal under the city code. But prosecutors said the knife was legal under state law and said his arrest was unlawful.

The prosecutors never brought the knife up in the trials.

Cogen filled out the statement of probable cause on the charging documents for the officers. Judge Garbis asked whether Mosby or Cogen would be responsible for any incorrect assertions on the charging document.

Cogen's attorneys said he merely reviewed documents presented to him by Mosby's office and did not have firsthand knowledge of the evidence.

"State's Attorney Mosby and her office are responsible for any legal conclusions erroneously made," said Assistant City Solicitor Sara Gross.

But then Mosby’s attorney said it was Cogen's responsibility.

"He's the one who executes the document, he's the one who swore under oath," said Mosby’s lawyer.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Cogen filled out the statement of probable cause on the charging documents for the officers. Judge Garbis asked whether Mosby or Cogen would be responsible for any incorrect assertions on the charging document.

Cogen's attorneys said he merely reviewed documents presented to him by Mosby's office and did not have firsthand knowledge of the evidence.

"State's Attorney Mosby and her office are responsible for any legal conclusions erroneously made," said Assistant City Solicitor Sara Gross.

"He's the one who executes the document, he's the one who swore under oath," said Mosby’s lawyer.

Those cockroaches really start to scatter when the light comes on, don't they??

The wheels on the bus go round and round - stupid deputy chief thought he would be safe if he threw a couple of 'expendable' officers under the bus for the prosecutor. Guess what genius - your ass is being thrown under the bus now. Hope they both end up in the federal pen, but I don't hold out much hope that it will actually happen.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
-----------
I look forward to some justice served. Hopefully after the election the pendulum will swing back towards sanity.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quirky Lurker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
-----------
I look forward to some justice served. Hopefully after the election the pendulum will swing back towards sanity.

This is why you don't sign shit like this. Who in their right mind would sign an arrest affidavit under these circumstances? If forced to, then at least put a paragraph in it explaining your limited involvement. Are the investigators in the DA office sworn LEO? If so, then they could have signed and it suggests they just brought Cogen in to be the fall guy.

Posts: 869 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Haha I love when, lacking victims, the savages start turning on their own ranks.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are the investigators in the DA office sworn LEO?

Typically yes they are sworn. In my state they would be sworn as deputies with the county sheriff's department in their county.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Are prosecutors really entitled to "absolute immunity" and what exactly does that entail?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's why the disgusting witch BLM co-conspirator was so bold. It just ain't workin' out, though, huh, sugar? Razz

Posts: 107574 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post