SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Baltimore prepares for protests (Freddie Gray case) Update: 4th Circuit Appeals blocks suit vs Mosby
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 51
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baltimore prepares for protests (Freddie Gray case) Update: 4th Circuit Appeals blocks suit vs Mosby Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
well done Bama

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Now I want to see everyone who had a hand in trying the officers fired, disbarred, and dishonored for all time.

This includes the medical examiner.

This is tyranny, plain and simple. ANYONE and EVERYONE involved in the prosecution, should be hung in the town square "from the neck, until dead." Period.

There is a huge difference in trying a good case and losing and intentionally trying to convict innocent folks, that you know are innocent, to appease a mob.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes. In my kingdom, rope-makers would never be out of work.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I believe the $6.4 million settlement agreement protects the officers from being sued.

http://www.wbaltv.com/blob/vie...-Gray-settlement.pdf

see para 5

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Mosby doing press conf now

http://live.baltimoresun.com/E...y_case_live_coverage

Mosby speaking now: Charges against 6 officers never an indictment against all police officers. Not anti police, "I'm anti police brutality"

Mosby says "consistent bias" by members of @BaltimorePolice department at "every stage" of investigation. She is alleging massive collusion.

cites "inherent bias" when "police police themselves."

remember Mosby's father, mother and uncle were severely disciplined by police departments

Mosby: "We could try this case 100 times and cases like it, and we would end up with the same result."

this isn't "delusion", this is CYA lying and deceit. She still plays to the mob

"As a mother," @MarilynMosbyEsq says, decision to drop charges was "agonizing," but had to acknowledge "dismal likelihood" of conviction.

Residents crowded the news conference, shouting support for her & saying things like "the judge was paid off"

Mosby concludes saying she will continue to "fight for a fair and equitable justice system for all."

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Trump just pounded Mosby. "I think she ought to prosecute herself", and called the whole thing "a disgrace".

"She should be held accountable."

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Mosby doing press conf now

http://live.baltimoresun.com/E...y_case_live_coverage

Mosby speaking now: Charges against 6 officers never an indictment against all police officers. Not anti police, "I'm anti police brutality"

Mosby says "consistent bias" by members of @BaltimorePolice department at "every stage" of investigation. She is alleging massive collusion.

cites "inherent bias" when "police police themselves."

remember Mosby's father, mother and uncle were severely disciplined by police departments

Mosby: "We could try this case 100 times and cases like it, and we would end up with the same result."

this isn't "delusion", this is CYA lying and deceit. She still plays to the mob

"As a mother," @MarilynMosbyEsq says, decision to drop charges was "agonizing," but had to acknowledge "dismal likelihood" of conviction.

Residents crowded the news conference, shouting support for her & saying things like "the judge was paid off"

Mosby concludes saying she will continue to "fight for a fair and equitable justice system for all."

Yet another instance of an elected official telling the public that their institutions are corrupt and don't work. Now just a matter of time for the president to confirm this. What could possibly go wrong when the population is told to distrust the judicial and enforcement agencies in a country?

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I wonder how they'd like to see the stats on the number of officers injured by suspects compared to the suspects injured by officers

We need to stop police brutality for sure... however it is the brutality against officers that needs to be addressed. Simply stated, if people wouldn't resist/fight/cut/shoot officers, we could go right back to Mayberry tactics.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
here is the most honest thing that Mosby said today.

She wanted a jury to convict the 6 officers.

Mosby:

"After much thought and prayer it has become clear that without being able to work with an independent investigatory agency from the very start, without having a say in the election of whether cases proceed in front of a judge or jury , without communal oversight of police in this community, without substantive reforms to the current criminal justice system we could try this case 100 times and cases just like it and we would still end up with the same result"

because you didn't have any evidence and you manufactured charges that were not anywhere near the facts

Mosby said she couldn't take any questions due to "current civil litigation pending against me as a result of this prosecution."

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
here is the most honest thing that Mosby said today.

She wanted a jury to convict the 6 officers.

Mosby:

"After much thought and prayer it has become clear that without being able to work with an independent investigatory agency from the very start, without having a say in the election of whether cases proceed in front of a judge or jury , without communal oversight of police in this community, without substantive reforms to the current criminal justice system we could try this case 100 times and cases just like it and we would still end up with the same result"

because you didn't have any evidence and you manufactured charges that were not anywhere near the facts

Self justification is one of the most powerful forces in human behavior.

"I was right, and would have won, but........."

The police and investigators she relies on to establish facts beyond a reasonable doubt in every case were corrupt, so they let their buddies off the hook.

Competent, objective prosecutors would have realized that. It's their job.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This disgusting woman is incorrigible. Absolutely no shame.

Disbarment should be the least of her worries.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The city paid grays family how much? For what?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
some loose ends

The six officers are subject to internal affairs reviews that could determine whether they can return to policing city streets. Montgomery and Howard County police departments are conducting the reviews, with the final decision on discipline to be made by Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis.

If Davis decides to discipline the officers, the officers could request a police trial board — a tribunal of fellow officers who would reconsider the discipline.

The reviews of the three acquitted officers have already begun.

The four officers charged with felonies - Goodson, Rice, Porter and White - were suspended without pay. Goodson and Rice, who have been previously acquitted, began receiving paychecks again. Porter and White, whose charges were dropped, will begin to receive theirs.

The four officers are also able to seek more than a year of back pay, but their police powers will remain suspended until the conclusion of their administrative reviews.

The city agreed this month to pay Officer Caesar Goodson Jr. more than $87,000 after he was found not guilty of second-degree murder and other charges.

The officers not charged with misdemeanors - Nero and Miller - have been getting paid and have been assigned to administrative duties until the Internal Affairs investigations are completed.

I think the above should say "not charged with felonies"

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
These officers deserve to be able to retire and never have to work again. They should all get Mosby's salary for the remainder of their lives tax free. Make Mosby pay the taxes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll try to be brief
posted Hide Post
quote:

Does "all" include police officers?

Posts: 14298 | Location: Heart of Texas | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll disagree with Trump on this one: I don't think Mosby should prosecute herself, as I think she'd screw the job up.

Now, if someone more competent than she (like, say, Wiley Coyote) wants to prosecute her, I'm all for it.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Now if Mosby would get disbarred for bringing false charges and Rawlings would be removed from office for her race baiting & totally incompetent handling of the riots, then justice would be served.

As it is, Rawlings held a place of honor at the Democratic Convention by wielding the opening gavel & took the roll call.

You just can't make this shit up!

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Mosby is classic Democrat.

here is a more complete report on what she said today:

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/...n-freddie-gray-case/

she paints herself as the victim

"Despite being physically and professional threatened, mocked, ridiculed, harassed and even sued, we respected and fulfilled our obligation and dutiful silence in accordance with Judge Barry Williams gag order"

"I signed up for this, and I can take it. Because no matter how problematic and troublesome it has been for my office, my prosecutors, my family, and me personally, it pales into comparison to what mothers and fathers all across this country .."

and

Mosby also said she found that “the prosecution of on-duty police officers in this country is unsurprisingly rare and blatantly fraught with systemic and inherent complications.”

but it was effective in her immediate family for their drug use and criminal activity

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Heard part of her speech. OMG is she delusional. She needs to go now. Just disappear and never hold any office again.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I listened to that Mosby diatribe, or at least as much as I could stomach. She's pissed that Judge Williams' gag order didn't allow her to try the officers in the media instead of the courtroom.

She needs to be disbarred. At the very least.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post