SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hotmail seems to have gotten something right:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hotmail seems to have gotten something right: Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
Hotmail has been my main email account since 2001. I have a Gmail account, but I think I check it once a month or whenever someone from here sends me a message.

As with most people, I've always had spam in my Spam folder. That is, up until two days ago. Now the only mail I get in my Spam folder is from sources I'm familiar with but don't want in my regular inbox. Absolutely zero spam mail.

It's so refreshing! I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
I was using Windows Live mail for several years and all of a sudden it tells me it is unable to send mail due to some sort of an error and I have not paid my subscription for it, supposed to be a free program.

I also have a gmail account mainly because they make you set one up for anything that requires an account on android and facebook and you tube. I rarely check it but when I do it's full of spam/junk mail.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Wait... Spam in the Spam Folder? The horror.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
I was using Windows Live mail for several years and all of a sudden it tells me it is unable to send mail due to some sort of an error and I have not paid my subscription for it, supposed to be a free program.

I also have a gmail account mainly because they make you set one up for anything that requires an account on android and facebook and you tube. I rarely check it but when I do it's full of spam/junk mail.

I used windows live mail for years until they got rid of and tried to force people to use windows mail.
I have 5 email accounts (2 Hotmail, 2 att, and 1 gmail) and manage them all using Thunderbird.

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
My hotmail so old I dont have a number in mine Big Grin

Im certain i got it in the late 90s. Right about the time AOE2 came out.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post