SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Online photo storage (not image hosting for posting photos)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Online photo storage (not image hosting for posting photos) Login/Join 
Picture of SR025
posted
I have family photos backed up on an external hard drive but a recent scare with it being misplaced has me curious about also backing up these photos online. Does anyone have a service/site they recommend? I am willing to pay so doesn’t need to be a free one. I’d like something that’s pretty secure. I don’t trust amazon or google.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One True IcePick
Picture of eyrich
posted Hide Post
I pay for Flickr Pro
60/year

Posts: 859 | Location: IL | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eyrich:
I pay for Flickr Pro
60/year

Ditto. This actually covers both. Storage and hosting for posting if you wish.

$60 is totally reasonable to me and they also offer many discounts of photo related products. I took advantage of the 20% discount with a major purchase of Peak Design gear.

Over $1000 of gear (Tripod and multiple bags) and the Flickr cost more than paid for its self for over three years.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
I use this service. https://www.backblaze.com

Posts: 759 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
If you have Amazon Prime you automatically receive free photo storage, but I can't recall how much. Nice thing about Amazon is that odds are better than most that they'll stick around and you won't lose your photos. I should probably do it, too.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
If you use Microsoft 365 as an office solution, it typically comes with 1TB of cloud storage.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Originally posted by eyrich:
I pay for Flickr Pro
60/year

Ditto. This actually covers both. Storage and hosting for posting if you wish.

$60 is totally reasonable to me and they also offer many discounts of photo related products. I took advantage of the 20% discount with a major purchase of Peak Design gear.

Over $1000 of gear (Tripod and multiple bags) and the Flickr cost more than paid for its self for over three years.
Me, three. I currently have more than 45,500 photos hosted on Flickr in 47 high-level Collections encompassing about 1500 Albums. The hierarchical structure possible in Flickr makes it easier for people to find pictures they might enjoy. Flickr also provides a tool for sharing photos with e-mail or forums that fulfills their guidelines about posting elsewhere, and it's easy to use. It won't work with avatar photos, though.

I think I'm still paying $50/year, but whatever it costs, it's worth it to me.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Does anyone use the free with Amazon Prime unlimited photo storage?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
Drop Box

Posts: 503 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Awesome thanks everyone, will check these out.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I've been with Fototime for years and it's worked out for me. It costs $24.95/yr and you get 8GB of storage.

I'm, also, using external HDs and have just been putting vacations and certain albums onto thumb drives.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I've been using Google Photos for sharing some albums with family, and also a backup that runs automatically from phone/iPad. Not problems.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
If you have Amazon Prime you automatically receive free photo storage, but I can't recall how much. Nice thing about Amazon is that odds are better than most that they'll stick around and you won't lose your photos. I should probably do it, too.

You get unlimited photo storage at original resolutions. 5 gb limit for video storage without paying additional fees.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post