SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New puppy on the way....so excited/update she is home!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New puppy on the way....so excited/update she is home! Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
4 Health at Tractor Supply has been great for ours and was recommended by a nearby Border Collie expert.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your puppy. It’s a special feeing when a puppy finds its human.
My girl and I were the same. There was just a connection between us.
Sadly, she was spoken for and left. A week later my daughter called and said “She’s back!” I rushed up, she walked out and seem to say “ There you are. Let’s go home!”

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Aussie's are such great dogs. Congrats. Looking forward to pix.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Aussie's are such great dogs. Congrats. Looking forward to pix.

They are, my last baby was an Aussie mix. She was so smart and sweet. I have had a few Aussie, Aussie mix in my life and they have been the best.

I'm like a kid now waiting for Christmas and an expecting farther . Nervous, excited, and happy about the new puppy. It's been 10 years since I had a puppy in the house, almost two months of Sunny D passing. Big changes.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Yep, get ready. I will say that we got a rescue. JRT, bordie collie, Kelpie mix. He had a real tough start. We got him at roughly 1-1-1/2 yo. So not exactly a puppy. He was a real tough guy to get adjusted. Took a good year. But he is the best guy now. I was not sure he and I were going to make it. But we did. And now things are grand. Was it easy, nope. Is it worth it, yep.
Our Aussie was a cake walk comparatively as I remember so you should be good. Best of luck to you guys.

Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new pup. I've always said, the best dogs pick their owners. Bandit definitely rescued me.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Congratulations on the new pup. Boone wishes everyone a Merry Christmas

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:

Congratulations on the new pup. Boone wishes everyone a Merry Christmas

Thank you! I can't wait. The breeder sent me a new picture and said that she is doing well! I can't wait! Counting down the days.

I picked out a name and told the breeder, she is going to start calling her that. I will reveal the name and post pictures of her after I pick her up.

Merry Christmas to you, give Boone a good hug for me, looks like a good boi.

ARman

Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Those teeth. Watch out for those sharp little teeth. Ask Santa to bring you some welding gloves from Home Depot.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new family member! Nothing quite like a new dog in the house IMO. She sounds like a beauty!

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Aussie pups are probably the most adorable creature the Earth has ever known! Here's mine at about 10 weeks or so. And yes.....hims isa good boi!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Aussie pups are probably the most adorable creature the Earth has ever known! Here's mine at about 10 weeks or so. And yes.....hims isa good boi!

Oh my goodness! What a doll! I was looking for a blue Merle, but this little red head stole my heart.

There isn't anything like an Aussie. Something about their zeal, loyalty that I just can't be without.

ARman

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:

There isn't anything like an Aussie. Something about their zeal, loyalty that I just can't be without.

ARman

You got that right. They are definitely a wonderful companion dog along with being hard working and a vigilant protector.
Mine goes everywhere with me. He's sitting in the doorway to my office guarding me as I type this.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://flic.kr/p/2kiedCQ

Well, the new puppy is home! Went down to pick her up today after work. A 3 hour drive. A friend went with me.

After we picked her up, she got sick about 6 miles away from the breeders house. She threw up all over my friend. A quick stop and some cleaning up and we were back on the road. It took four and a half hours home, because we had to take some potty breaks.

She did really well, just a little whining and a little drooling, but after a bit she settled down a took a nap.

We got home and she ate a little and drank a lot and went potty outside. She did a good job.

She has napped by my side on the couch off and on, and played with her monkey. We have gone potty outside a couple of more times, but she's not sure about the collar and lead thing and gets freaked out a little.

Well, everybody. Meet Ahyoka Star.

Ahyoka is Cherokee for she brings happiness, or bringer of happiness, and Star, well because she is my star.

I hope to post a few more pictures, but I'm having trouble uploading them.

ARman

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Mine was a Red also, not a red Merle.
White paws, white chest, red with one floppy ear. He was a great dog. The breeder wanted to keep him for the ranch. Had him named Spur.
I talked him out of keeping him for a few more bucks and called him Chili. I have missed him many years now. But love him now, just as I always did.

Enjoy him. He will absolutely give you so much during his life. All the best. To him and you guys.

posted Hide Post
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmSWQgSV

Ahyoka Star. I hope to get more uploaded

ARman

posted Hide Post
What a cutie! Smile

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Welcome home, Ahyoka Star Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmSWQgSV

Ahyoka Star. I hope to get more uploaded

ARman

What a cutie!
Here's my favorite from that set: Smile
Apologies for the size, but a) I can't resize as it's not my account/photo and b) she's cute as a button, and darn it, it's her thread! Smile

Posts: 15023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post