SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Friends- which brand of peanut butter do you guys prefer?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friends- which brand of peanut butter do you guys prefer? Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Both my PP Creamy and Jif Natural list no country of origin. That usually means Hecho en Herra.

But what a surprise! The Jif Natural is really a "peanut butter spread"? Says "90% peanuts". On sale lured me but 10% palm oil? Probably never again, but we'll see.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Both my PP Creamy and Jif Natural list no country of origin. That usually means Hecho en Herra.

But what a surprise! The Jif Natural is really a "peanut butter spread"? Says "90% peanuts". On sale lured me but 10% palm oil? Probably never again, but we'll see.

Yeah, that Jif Natural, Skippy Natural...it's a marketing gimmick. It ain't "natural." I'd rather eat regular Jif than that phony "natural" stuff.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Seriously, 4 pages?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Creamy Jif

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Seriously, 4 pages?
Really! You'd have thought there'd be some real interest in this topic. Maybe it is a late bloomer. Blink, and it'll be at 20-30 pages.

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Been my go to for years.

Two ingredients: peanuts and salt

This is a good one. Also Santa Cruz is a really good "nothing added but salt" product but expensive.

We typically buy Adams brand as it is also "nothing but salt added" and pretty good, though not as smooth as Santa Cruz. It is much cheaper, though, and widely available. Off the shelf there is a layer of oil on top but I just empty the entire contents of the jar into my Kitchen Aid mixer and mix it on low for a minute or two and then repack in the jar. It is good for weeks at that point without separating itself again.

Santa Cruz and Adams are also available in Crunchy.

Posts: 6363 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
The absolute best peanut butter I have ever eaten was what the schools used about 30 years ago and may still do. It was a light, whipped honey peanut butter. I have tried many versions from a jar but none have come anywhere close to tasting as good as that stuff. Probably came from Sysco or some place like that.

At home, we go with plain Peter Pan or JIF. Whichever version Costco has in the 2-pack.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seriously, 4 pages?

JALLEN once commented that he could seldom correctly guess how much, or how little, interest his threads would get.

The ground-fresh-daily peanut butter that my grocery store makes is the best that I’ve ever tasted. There’s nothing in it but peanuts – good peanuts. I have to keep it in the refrigerator though.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smucker's Natural Crunchy. For years.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Santa Cruz dark roasted creamy. No sugar, no seed oils. 28g carbs per jar.

Ingredients: Organic roasted peanuts

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I like Jif Natural. No HFCS, but it does have sugar.

I'm with Rogue on this one, has slightly better flavor than regular Jif for me.

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Jif creamy.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Adams Chunky is my preferred. My wife like the expensive Trader Joe's PB.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The original (Red Top) JIF.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seriously, 4 pages?
This may become an "Enough with the peanut butter" thread. Big Grin

I prefer Peter Pan Honey Roast Creamy, which is rare nowadays at Kroger. I grew up on Peter Pan sandwiches.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:
quote:
Seriously, 4 pages?
This may become an "Enough with the peanut butter" thread. Big Grin

I prefer Peter Pan Honey Roast Creamy, which is rare nowadays at Kroger. I grew up on Peter Pan sandwiches.

I'm a fan. Remember when Peter Pan wasn't made for about a year? I had some serious withdrawals

The smokin' hot wife will only eat Jif creamy

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Yes, the PP honey-roasted PB is delicious. I had a jar last month, as it was on sale. But wow, it's added sugar is a deal breaker. Maybe because I PLOW through PB, on apples every morning.

So I tried Crazy Richard's PB and after mixing it up, it was wetter than Oklahoma grits! So back to Jif or PP 'standard'. With salt and a little sugar. Big Grin

Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
The original (Red Top) JIF.

+1 Same for me.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mice seem to prefer Skippy.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post