SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Friends- which brand of peanut butter do you guys prefer?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friends- which brand of peanut butter do you guys prefer? Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
My wife and I have loved Peter Pan our whole marriage. We raised our girls on it too.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Count me in the Skippy Natural camp. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a PSA for those with dogs....xylitol is becoming more and more common in peanut butters out there. So if you have a stubborn dog that won’t take pills in cheese and whatnot....before turning to peanut butter check to make sure the peanut butter you have does not have xylitol in it.

Posts: 684 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Original Jiff, followed by Peter Pan.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Guys, if your peanut butter has anything more than peanuts and maybe salt in it, it ain't Natural.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Jif, Peter Pan then Skippy all creamy depending which is on sale. Not much on store brands. Our family just likes good peanut butter.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Whatever's on sale. I really don't taste a whole lotta difference.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Two Ingredients: Dry Roasted Peanuts & Salt! Cool

Another vote for Teddie's - although we prefer the smooth version.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Whatever crunchy type is on sale.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I buy Jif, Peter Pan, or Skippy creamy, whichever I can find in a big jar. (Currently have Skippy.) Probably actually prefer Peter Pan just a little bit, but will eat any of the 3.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
JIF

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One more vote for Teddie's- smooth for me

Posts: 341 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Don't buy this for the reduced fat just think it taste better than the original.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ That crap is actually the worst type of peanut butter one can eat. They take out the good fat that is in peanuts and pump in sugar.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I would scrutinize the label of "reduced fat" butter of any kind... butter is by definition fat...

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
They came out with this a couple years back when the maple harvest hit record levels:

Wonderful stuff. I found out it was getting hard to get and got a case of it, which I still have some of. Expiration date was this century so I'm good. Smile

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Jif creamy

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
FWIW- most Skippy peanut butter is made in China. Ever since Hormel bought it- they moved most of the peanut butter manufacturing to China. I believe only the "natural" and "reduced fat" products are still made in Arkansas.

Posts: 479 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Another fan of Jif creamy. I've never cared for peanut butter sandwiches, even as a kid, but I love peanut butter cookies.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mutiny:
FWIW- most Skippy peanut butter is made in China. Ever since Hormel bought it- they moved most of the peanut butter manufacturing to China. I believe only the "natural" and "reduced fat" products are still made in Arkansas.

I just looked at my jar of Skippy Creamy. I doesn’t have any mention of country of origin. Doesn’t that mean that it’s made in USA?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post