SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Friends- which brand of peanut butter do you guys prefer?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friends- which brand of peanut butter do you guys prefer? Login/Join 
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
Another vote for JIF natty. No HFCS, but more importantly, no SOY.

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
It's been a lifelong debate ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Jif Natural:

Made From Peanuts, Sugar, Palm Oil, Contains 2% Or Less Of: Salt, Molasses.

Skippy Natural:

Roasted peanuts, sugar, palm oil, salt

If the OP wants to avoid added oil/sugar, these two “natural” products won’t do it. I’d also prefer to have peanut oil in my peanut butter instead of palm oil replacing the more valuable peanut oil.

Whenever you see “natural” on a food label, you’ll often find there’s some degree of obfuscation going on. It sounds good but there’s no official definition for it like there is for “organic” labeled foods.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Skippy Creamy.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It's very simple, if you want a natural peanut butter, it's Adams:

Otherwise it's Jif. Regular Jif, not that fake natural Jif cause what the hell's the point, really (Skippy is acceptable too, but Peter Pan is absolute crap; I'm amazed that there is a single person out there who eats that abomination).

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
It's not peanut butter, but as a peanut butter fan I like this better.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CB's Nuts Peanut Butter- Just peanuts and it doesn't separate like Adams. Their roasted peanuts are great so it led me to try their peanut butter.

https://www.cbsnuts.com/peanut-butter

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
It's been a lifelong debate ...

And then you toss into THAT debate "Creamy vs. Crunchy" and this could go on for DECADES!! Oh wait...it has. Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's not Peter Pan Crunchy, it does not come into my house!

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Been using this brand we purchase from Sprouts Market.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
JIF or Skippy natural.

Used to have a connection for the LDS PB, had to be stirred, but remember it being really good.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Humm, I've never seen any like those shown.
I just buy the jiff on the shelf.
I suppose I should get on the health band wagon ..

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Like many other brand debates, I think Jiff, or Skippy is just fine. I just buy whichever has the better price.

Posts: 13677 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story...inventor/2533156001/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Schmucker's All Natural: No sugar. Nothing but peanuts and salt. You have to stir it up and then refrigerate it, but I think it tastes great. I can't stand sugar in peanut butter.

Comes in crunchy too.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peanut Butter and Company

https://ilovepeanutbutter.com/

Many flavors. Good stuff.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I've always bought JIF, because, well, choosy mothers always choose JIF...

I much prefer crunchy, & half of our six kids are on my side.
So we've always had two jars in the pantry.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
My go to is Publix Chunky but Skippy is good too. Seems less sweet than Jiff.

Posts: 672 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Skippy. Jif. Whatever is on sale.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
JIF!!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post