SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Friends- which brand of peanut butter do you guys prefer?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friends- which brand of peanut butter do you guys prefer? Login/Join 
posted
Friends- what brand of peanut butter do you guys prefer? I have been buying some natural peanut butter made by a local hippie couple, but, am buying no more from them cuz they are big Elizabeth Warren supporters and they are just plain nuts!!!!!
So, which brand do you buy? I would prefer brands that would not have added sugars, no high fructose corn syrup, or no extra oil added.
Thank you in advance for your recommendations.
-Sid

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I like Jif Natural. No HFCS, but it does have sugar.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
The wife brought home a jar of Kroger Natural Peanutbutter. It sat un opened in the pantry and separated. I mixed it well, used it, and it now lives in the fridge.

Ingredients:
Peanuts
Salt

Not sure it could be done with less.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Kroger Natural is the one we use also. Good flavor. No sugar added.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5479 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
Skippy

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 368 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Been my go to for years.

Two ingredients: peanuts and salt

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Does any of that come in crunchy?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Peter Pan man...

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Jif Natural does.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Laura Scudder does. I find both kinds at HEB.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Jif natural or maranta almond butter

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Skippy creamy, by far my favorite.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Peter Pan man...

this

Aldi's is not bad either

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Two Ingredients: Dry Roasted Peanuts & Salt! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Try making your own. It's really easy. Roast some raw peanuts in the oven at 250 for about 20 minutes. Let them cool, then toss them in a food processor and blend until they become peanut butter. Salt to taste. Done.

It will never be as smooth as commercial products, but you can control the roast and the salt to your taste. If you absolutely LOVE peanut butter and want it super creamy and smooth, you can buy a melanger for about $200 to grind the nuts into a very smooth paste. Then you can also make almond butter, cashew butter, pistachio paste, homemade chocolate and all kinds of other goodies.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Adams fan here:

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Skippy creamy, by far my favorite.

Same here.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Jif. Ain't no bettah buttah.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2839 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by festus haggen:
Skippy

I like Skippy too.

But the best PB that I’ve eaten comes from Bristol Farms, my upscale grocery. They grind their own peanuts daily, and sell it in 6 oz tubs. So good! They make almond butter too.

See if you can find a store that does that. Maybe Whole Foods?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8942 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Try making your own. It's really easy. Roast some raw peanuts in the oven at 250 for about 20 minutes. Let them cool, then toss them in a food processor and blend until they become peanut butter. Salt to taste. Done.

It will never be as smooth as commercial products, but you can control the roast and the salt to your taste. If you absolutely LOVE peanut butter and want it super creamy and smooth, you can buy a melanger for about $200 to grind the nuts into a very smooth paste. Then you can also make almond butter, cashew butter, pistachio paste, homemade chocolate and all kinds of other goodies.

^Yep! My wife skips the roasting & just buys a few jars of the dry roasted, lightly salted Planters nuts & runs them through the food processor. It only takes a few minutes.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post