SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cats really do have nine lives, this one used eight.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cats really do have nine lives, this one used eight. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
This story made me smile.

Fox Link

Cat found alive and hidden in floor two months after home catches fire

SOUTH HAVEN, Mich – Two months after a fire destroyed their home, a family near South Haven has found their missing pet alive.

Ringer the cat was found trapped under the floor of the home, which had caught fire in March and nearly killed their dog Chloe. The dog was rescued by firefighters who used an improvised oxygen mask to revive her.

And ironically, it was Chloe who found the missing cat by sniffing him out on Sunday during her first trip back to the home since the fire.

“This cat’s a miracle,” says Christine Marr, Chloe and Ringer's owner. “This cat has been in this area for two months with no food or water. And Chloe just found him down in this hole.”

Fire crews are amazed.

“Looking for that cat, we picked up furniture, looked around beds, looked in every nook and cranny for that cat,” said Chief Ronald Wise of the South Haven Area Emergency Services. “To know that Chloe had found the cat, that’s amazing. She’s a true hero, she is. To get that cat, you wouldn’t think the cat would live that much longer.”

A trip to the vet confirmed that Ringer was malnourished and lost half his body weight.
“We’re assuming he was eating bugs and spiders and stuff under there,” said Marr.

Christine says the vet treating Ringer says it’s an incredible story of survival and that the cat is expected to make a full recovery.

"I think he used a bit more than just nine lives," joked Marr.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Great outcome for a tough situation. Good for Chloe. She is a hero.
Animal bonds are something that we can only partly understand.

I am glad to have read this story.

Thanks for posting it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19225 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Great positive story. That's one tough cat.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being a pet owner myself that's a heart warming story. Thank You for it.

Posts: 74 | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cat survival war story:
I once lived in a really great apartment over a welding shop and a ceramics studio full of kilns.
What could go wrong here?
The ceramics folks had a huge black and white tomcat that slept in the sun on the window sill. On a frozen February day my Landlord has some of his idiot crew put up some shelving in a storage room. Using a nail gun to fasten the shelves to a block wall.
So... too strong a charge in the nail gun and it went through the block and penetrated a large welding gas tank in the welding shop. When the leaking gas reached the buildings furnace, an impressive explosion took place. The cat, minding his own bizz, snoozing on the window sill was blown out through the plate glass window. He was found two days later, wandering in the debris. He was a little toasted. The ceramics folks were overjoyed, since they thought he had used up all his nine lives in an instant.
This event nearly snuffed me too.
As Paul Harvey used to say, here's the rest of the story:
When they ceramics studio folks rebuilt, the cat again took up residence. I visited once and noticed that the cat had a lump under his hide. The owners explained it was a pacemaker! Yep, they spent a large sum of cash to jump start the cat.
First blown up and then heart surgery. That's only 2 of nine lives, I guess!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16112 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Wow, 2 months is forever long in that situation. That really is a miracle!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Strange side bar. I don't go in my basement except for storage, laundry, and filter changes. I have monthly dreams that I find a cat in my basement. I've never seen the cats in my dreams, but they seem semi familiar. I'm always worried that they've been malnourished and have pissed in my basement and will attract more to piss down there. Cats I find are always friendly.

Weird stuff right?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
One of our barn cats survived being locked in a small camp trailer. It was hunting season and my neighbor had just returned from camp and locked up his camper after unloading it.

That night, NO cat. I went all over calling and looking for old Kenny the cat. Did the same for a few more days. Finally gave up. Figured an owl or a coyote had grabbed him.

Eleven days later he shows up one night. He finally clawed through a screen and pushed his way out a small sliding window.

Between the cold and zero water... he did OK. He was surely hungry and thirsty though.

My neighbor not as happy. Kenny ruined the screen and used one of his sleeping bags as his litter box.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
We had a neighbor cat come up missing, and was found in a black metal motorcycle trailer (the completely enclosed type) on their property 7 days after going missing. In July. In Mississippi. With no water or food, somehow the cat was alive. Still have no explanation on how that might be possible.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post