Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

60 days left Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted
Some of you might remember my earlier post:https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9700096814?r=9700096814#9700096814

Still on track. Uneasiness abating a bit. Found out another grandchild on the way from the other daughter.

Week vacation middle of May. Medicare supplement found and signed up. SS paperwork to be started. Insurance for the wife to be finalized.

Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead......so I say!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then you get your KMA card. Congrats.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Is this it? https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/9700096814/p/1

Congrats!

Yep! That's the one!

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Then you get your KMA card. Congrats.

BIG TIME!

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
What's a KMA card? Am I missing something here?

Oh yeah, congrats you wont be sorry. You can spend all the time you want now on your shovelhead :-)

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

I'm down to (looks...) 39 days, nominally (it's not set in stone). 29 working days, less any vacation days I take.

Been on SSA and MediCare since Jan. 1. The "spare" cash from the SSA payments is going straight to the mortgage principle. Going to be meeting with IRA funds manager soon to discuss skimming some off the top to supplement the SSA income after full retirement.

Got my last projects set at work, one of which is documenting what I do and cleaning out the cruft that nobody needs.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. You'll enjoy your freedom.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

You are going to love retirement, I do.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's a KMA card? Am I missing something here?

Kiss My Ass card

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post