SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL Tickets Fall to an Incredible $4 Apiece
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFL Tickets Fall to an Incredible $4 Apiece Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
The cool part is, for me, I am no longer actually boycotting. I reached a point a while back where I truly do not care. I wouldn't know if the Cowgirls or anyone else made it to the Stupor Bowl unless I overheard someone talk about it.

Go to a game? Not just no but hell no.

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I want to hear one of these kneeling, America-hating thugs admit that they caused all this....I want to hear them admit the glaring truth that they have been the authors of their own destruction.

But the taproot of social justice is to blame others for problems you created for yourself. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I want to hear one of these kneeling, America-hating thugs admit that they caused all this....I want to hear them admit the glaring truth that they have been the authors of their own destruction.

But the taproot of social justice is to blame others for problems you created for yourself. Smile

Quoted for pure truth.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I have not watched anything on the "who gives a shit channels"
But reading the paper this a.m. I find it Ironic that the Giants will actually beat the Eagles next Sunday.
Wentz, actually believed all the headlines he reads Superman, meet Kyptonite.
Maybe I can sell them a knee-walker...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
I would not pay $.01 to see overpaid athletes disrespect our flag and country.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking over the posts in this thread is interesting. I used to be a big fan and I enjoyed the discussions that would pop up in this forum. I just plain don't care this year. They hurt themselves really bad and they can't figure out how to fix it. It would be really funny if the NFL can't come up with the $100 million dollars that they promised for "Social Justice". We can only hope.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been a Redskins fan since the early 70's...Regardless of whether they were winning or losing. Now, I just can't bring myself to watch a game. The kneeling stuff has just caused my enthusiasm to evaporate. I simply am not motivated to watch.

I was discussing this with a friend last night, who had an interesting take. I expressed disbelief at how Goodell's contract was renewed, given the controversy and dwindling attendance. He stated that there is tremendous demand for "American" football in Europe, and that the NFL will start having teams in the league that will be established in Europe. This is where the future money is, and apparently, Goodell has been heavily involved in making this happen, which is the real reason why his contract was renewed.

I don't know enough about it to know whether this is true or not, but it would explain some things...They will be establishing a whole new market for the NFL, where the kneeling controversy isn't a factor.

Posts: 941 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
The people this really hits hard are the concession stand workers, the parking attendants etc....

It'd be interesting to hear those #'s since that's a real indicator.

This. You can't consistently sell 40,000+ Oscar Mayer hot dogs every week and then go to 4900 and not have anyone suggesting that there might be too many workers in the vendor program.

The manpower alone at some of these stadiums has to be a huge loss that they know about, especially if they're not scanning the season tickets at the gate.

I would love to see some vendor receipt numbers across the season.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
What I want to see is every single penny afforded the NFL in tax breaks by the government stopped cold. Period. Not one red cent. Let them build their own stadiums and try and charge their dwindling fan base through ticketing, all while paying the thugs for running around with a little ball.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, the President needs to bring up the subsidies each time he shames these kneeling, America-hating thugs. If he brings up these subsidies every single time he mentions the trashy behavior of these trashy players, he's going to make the right people nervous. If the President can get people talking about and questioning these ridculous subsidies to these ungrateful assholes, we might see some actual change.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
But reading the paper this a.m. I find it Ironic that the Giants will actually beat the Eagles next Sunday.

Wentz is a great kid, so screw your comments.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

There was no disparagement of Wentz on my part whatsoever. So yes, i'll accept your misunderstanding.
The knee walker offer still stands, however.

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

There was no disparagement of Wentz on my part whatsoever. So yes, i'll accept your misunderstanding.
The knee walker offer still stands, however.

Screw you. You aren't funny at all.

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Lighten up and Laugh....
And NO you have NO chance of having sex with me.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lighten up and Laugh....
And NO you have NO chance of having sex with me.

Like I said...you aren't funny at all.

chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Those stadiums may not close down but they sure won't generate much revenue. Wait until they drop the rates on the suites that don't sell.

I can't see the NFL keeping the advertising rates the same as numbers show viewership dropping.

Yep. Bite the hands that feed you NFL, see how that works out. I think Middle America is growing tired of professional sports in general.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of johnnyringo8769
posted Hide Post
Well i live in Western NY...and not too far from the Bills Stadium....i would not go for the 4.00 tickets...i have not watched since last year when all of this foolishness started....when they started disrespecting the country i love and kneeling instead of standing for the flag...and then started with all the social justice crap...and drove the division of our beautiful country...i decided as a life long fan...there is better things to do with my dollars and my time...this cancer is spreading to all sports ....beyond saddening....God Bless,John....if this is the way of the future...they can have it all to themselves...

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. Our Military
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

The Republic will cease to exist when the government takes away from those who are willing to work to give to those who are not.
Unknown....

"This is what the Lord says: 'Stand at the crossroads and look; Ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.' " (Jer. 6:16)

Posts: 106 | Location: Jamestown NY 14701 | Registered: December 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
Those stadiums may not close down but they sure won't generate much revenue. Wait until they drop the rates on the suites that don't sell.

I can't see the NFL keeping the advertising rates the same as numbers show viewership dropping.

Yep. Bite the hands that feed you NFL, see how that works out. I think Middle America is growing tired of professional sports in general.

Inspire the people and they will beat a path to your door. That is not what the NFL is doing. If there is not an immediate and opposite course correction with genuine consequences for all the destructive forces, the NFL will never recover. That's my golden nugget of likely unheeded advice. I should be the commissioner.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post