SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL Tickets Fall to an Incredible $4 Apiece
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFL Tickets Fall to an Incredible $4 Apiece Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I want to hear one of these kneeling, America-hating thugs admit that they caused all this. Don't tell me that's almost certainly not going to happen. I already know that. But it's possible. If it continues this way- and it certainly looks as if it will- eventually, some of these halfwit children may try to save their career.

I want to hear them admit the glaring truth that they have been the authors of their own destruction.

Instead they'll blame it on the racists who didn't support their protest.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
They could go to free and I still wouldn't attend a sportsing event.

They could be paying people to come to the games and I still would not go.

Bunch of self serving, semi literate assholes.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Wait until this catches up with the players, and they are signing contracts for $40,000 per season.

And still overpaid

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
If memory serves, was the National Felons League getting a lot of taxpayer money?

When will that stop?

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I am going to be as giddy as a schoolgirl if there is a lockout during the next CBA negotiations.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
The NFL can suck the shit out of a dead Hadji’s asshole.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Looks like you can get tickets for tomorrow’s Browns - Packers game for $20 here
ive been buying browns tickets for 5-20 dollars a ticket for the last 7 years been handed free tickets several times w3 and w st clair by the justice center. im going to the packers game sunday 5 dollars is my goal and sad to say ill be in by kick off

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
There were reports that they would be busing street people out of the neighborhood of the Super Bowl stadium. Maybe now they'll be busing them in so the stands don't look so empty.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our President mentioned this disrespect by the players again last night in his speech in Fla. I am sooooo enjoying the direction this is going. You punks just keep on doing what you have been doing......it is really working out for you.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
For all those here hoping the players and owners wake up to this reality and change course, I'm going to hope for the exact opposite. We've seen the true NFL through this BS and I'm done with them for good. I for one hope the players ramp up their protests and start slinging even more ugliness at the fans and military. The sooner they disappear the better.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
When I coached ACHA DIV2 hockey our home game tickets were $5. A few weeks ago I watched USA NTDP team play UofM in an exhibition game, tickets were $8

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
My Dad would call what the NFL players have done...

Shitting in your own nest.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They will not receive a dime form me. Ever!

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
FOX seeks actors to be Los Angeles Rams fans for Eagles game

When the Eagles visited the Chargers of Los Angeles — previously of San Diego – earlier this season, it was essentially a home game for Philadelphia. Chargers quarterback Phillip Rivers said the 26-24 loss to the Birds was "not a home game" because of the overwhelming green majority in the stands.

Apparently, FOX is cognizant of this likely happening when the Rams of Los Angeles — previously of St. Louis – play the Eagles on Sunday (barring a wildfire postponement). FOX is doubling down on this game, which features two NFC contenders and fits in the semi-primetime slot of 4:25 p.m. EST. After not losing the game to a flex into the Sunday night slot, the network decided to pull out all the stops and will have a studio set out front of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum to create a "College Game GameDay"-esque atmosphere.

The thing about all that pregame hoopla, though, is the game is in Los Angeles. Viewers probably expect to see, well, Los Angeles fans. But the visiting team has supporters who travel well, and the home team has a player who literally begged fans to show up. FOX sees the impending Eagles takeover coming a mile away.

So, what does Los Angeles produce better than sports fans? Aspiring actors! And FOX is seeking them to be Rams fans for Sunday's pregame festivities, according to a casting call online:

Casting directors are now casting actors, models, and talent to work on Sunday, December 10th in Los Angeles, California.

Producers are seeking the following types:

We’re looking for LA’s biggest NFL fans to be a part of #NFLSunday’s Los Angeles Rams vs. Philadelphia Eagles Pre Game Show!

Calling all LA Rams fans!

To audition for a role in the upcoming NFL Sunday pre-game show, check out the casting call breakdown below.

Lol. Go Birds.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
If memory serves, was the National Felons League getting a lot of taxpayer money?

When will that stop?
Don't know where it stands now, but under the House tax bill local governments could no longer fund the building or renovation of professional sports stadiums by issuing tax-exempt, public-purpose bonds, the sort of bonds typically used to fund schools, libraries and public transit.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
Let's see:
- ticket prices have gone sky high (face value, that is)
- $20 beers
- $50 parking
- more and more advertisement time outs
- general shift of focus away from the game to peripheral BS.
- more and more rules and slowdowns for "instant" replay review
- injuries galore

These are the "last days of Rome" for American football. The injury thing will kill it. No one wants there kids playing that sport and they count of foreigners to fill the league. American football will die a slow death.

-Loungechair

Posts: 674 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Baseball should have died after the last strike.
I stopped watching the world series after that.
Fuck all sportsing games.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LoungeChair:
Let's see:
- ticket prices have gone sky high (face value, that is)
- $20 beers
- $50 parking
- more and more advertisement time outs
- general shift of focus away from the game to peripheral BS.
- more and more rules and slowdowns for "instant" replay review
- injuries galore

These are the "last days of Rome" for American football. The injury thing will kill it. No one wants there kids playing that sport and they count of foreigners to fill the league. American football will die a slow death.

I agree with one possible exception. The thugarian parents won't give two shits about their kids. It may just evolve into nothing but thugs for fans and players alike. It's well on its way, player wise.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Burn the stadiums.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Wentz is done for the year now. I've never seen so many stars get hurt like this. That has to be hurting them as well.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post