SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL Tickets Fall to an Incredible $4 Apiece
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFL Tickets Fall to an Incredible $4 Apiece Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
NFL Tickets Fall to an Incredible $4 Apiece

CALEB HULL | DEC 8, 2017 | 4:59 PM

SiriusXM At The 2017 NFL Draft
The NFL has been hit hard ever since more players than ever protested during the national anthem in retaliation to President Donald Trump criticizing those who kneeled.

Ratings have crashed, fans have boycotted and ticket sales have plummeted. The league has become one of the most divisive brands in the country, and Trump hasn't stopped putting pressure on Roger Goodell and the NFL to do something about the protests.

Despite all of this, the protests have continued.

Then, the NFL pulled donations away from military charities and breast cancer awareness causes to instead donate to social justice causes. Eric Reid, a San Francisco 49ers safety and frequent protester, revealed the details of the funding, which will see a whopping $89 million invested in social justice causes.

Now, ticket sales for the upcoming game between the 3-9 Indianapolis Colts and the 6-6 Buffalo Bills, which will take place in Buffalo, are going for a whopping $4. And Vivid Seats has plenty of tickets available for the game on Sunday:

Vividseats.com
NYup.com reports that a college hockey game in the area between Niagara University and Canisius College cost $28 for comparison.

Embarrassing.

http://ijr.com/the-declaration...-incredible-4-piece/

Couldn't happen to a better group...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
They could go to free and I still wouldn't attend a sportsing event.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Looks like you can get tickets for tomorrow’s Browns - Packers game for $20 here

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5751 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fuck 'em, let them wallow in their self pity.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
This really,really pisses me off.

Then, the NFL pulled donations away from military charities and breast cancer awareness causes to instead donate to social justice causes. Eric Reid, a San Francisco 49ers safety and frequent protester, revealed the details of the funding, which will see a whopping $89 million invested in social justice causes.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
I continue to boycott, turning down free seats offered by vendors and partners.

The NFL can KMA.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Those are all reseller tickets, so the NFL already got their money. Good news nonetheless.

"Vivid Seats does not own or generate tickets; rather, all tickets listed in our marketplace are managed and owned, by professional ticket resellers and pre-screened individual sellers who have already purchased those tickets."

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When do season ticket holders have to write the next check? It seems like that's when the true impact will come to light.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The people this really hits hard are the concession stand workers, the parking attendants etc....

It'd be interesting to hear those #'s since that's a real indicator.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Wait until this catches up with the players, and they are signing contracts for $40,000 per season.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
He who sows the wind shall reap the whirl-wind.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
the NFL pulled donations away from military charities and breast cancer awareness causes to instead donate to social justice causes.

Gotta love the logic here. How can we buy off miscreants without putting out another penny? Aha! Maybe nobody will notice the switcheroo.

Bad assumption, brainiacs.

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
This really bums me out that the NFL has doubled down on this bullshit. I'm a pretty strong Vikings fan, not rabid but enough where I'll watch every game I can. When this bullshit snowballed before the beginning of the season I vowed "I'm out" for the season. Frankly, it didn't seem like that big of a sacrifice considering their level of suck. Who knew they'd be a Super Bowl contender? I think they are 11-2 winning the last 9 in a row. The Vikings themselves I think have been good about not kneeling or becoming SJWs but it's the NFL I'm protesting and boycotting.

Going to be tough sitting out the rest of this season, especially if they advance in the playoffs.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Those are all reseller tickets, so the NFL already got their money. Good news nonetheless.

"Vivid Seats does not own or generate tickets; rather, all tickets listed in our marketplace are managed and owned, by professional ticket resellers and pre-screened individual sellers who have already purchased those tickets."

And it’s Colts - Bills. No one cares.

If it’s 4 bucks for games with actually competitive teams, then it’s something. Else, unremarkable.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is thug life a big enough market to support the nfl or does it need middle class America to survive?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loaded Round:
When do season ticket holders have to write the next check? It seems like that's when the true impact will come to light.

Exactly. And those ticket resellers who've been unable to unload their tickets at a profit? Will they be willing to buy those blocks of tickets again? They'll be looking closely at the tea leaves to determine what to do. If the boycott ends after this season, then the situation will stabilize during next season; however, if it continues, we might start seeing a change in attitude by NFL management.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Let them go out of business for all I care.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

And it’s Colts - Bills. No one cares.

If it’s 4 bucks for games with actually competitive teams, then it’s something. Else, unremarkable.

Really? I doubt Detroit Lions tickets, as sucky as are the Lions, most seasons, ever went for as little as $4/ticket.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Last MNF Bengals vs. Steelers had 10,000 unsold seats. GOOD.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Bless their hearts!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post