SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Female 7-11 Clerk in Virginia Shoots Robber
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female 7-11 Clerk in Virginia Shoots Robber Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
She will get fired but better unemployed than unliving.
Probably. The 7-11 authorities don't allow employees to be armed at work.

flashguy

I'd argue she wasn't at work. She'd been kidnapped from the building. Once she got to her care she was in no way "at work." I'm certain the 7-11 can't command someone to no have a gun when not at work.
I see your point (and agree with it), but 7-11 may not see it that way--she was on the clock, at the store, and probably wearing identifiable clothing. I think it would be foolish for the store owners to push the issue, but they have not shown much intelligence in the past about shootings done by their employees. Heck, it would not surprise me if they fired her for leaving the store with the cash register open and no one to watch it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting. We need to get her a better gun.

Posts: 26896 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Updates anyone? Did she get fired?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

I would be very interested to give my opinion to 7-11 if she is disciplined in any way much less fired.

Subscribed.

Posts: 7253 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I've heard of that type of law elsewhere.

quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Wearing a mask in public is a crime?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
7-11s are franchises. Employment is controlled by the local owner of that franchise. The corporate franchiser has nothing to say about it. So unless you're in a position to give that particular owner a piece of your mind, don't bother.

quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:

I would be very interested to give my opinion to 7-11 if she is disciplined in any way much less fired.

Subscribed.

posted Hide Post
Here is a case I have been following sine the beginning. The victim went to school with my now ex-wife. I may die before this bastard, but if he is ever executed, I will celebrate.

I am so pleased the clerk shot him!

http://www.murderpedia.org/male.P/p/parker-jb.htm

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kirton was taken to Winchester Medical Center...

Oh Lordy, he did have a bad day...bless his heart.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Since hard facts aren't to be had, I'll have to guess. There are only two groups that don't want these felons shot. The first is the store owners because it gives them a bad name with other robbers and their friends/relatives. The second group are the democrats because it reduces the voter roles.

If the photo provided was from an earlier arrest/conviction, why is this turd still on the loose?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Since hard facts aren't to be had, I'll have to guess. There are only two groups that don't want these felons shot. The first is the store owners because it gives them a bad name with other robbers and their friends/relatives.

I would think that the store would welcome having a reputation that robbers may be shot.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
Wearing a mask in public?

I know it's warm down south but up here everyone has a mask on.

just laughing at it. Not really serious.

Good job on the clerk. I wish more would carry. And carry on person. Not nearby so they are able to retrieve it.

Lots of convienence stores in my area have signs on their doors stating, "no hoodies or dark glasses worn inside of the store". However I have never heard it is against the law to wear a mask in public.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
Wearing a mask in public?

I know it's warm down south but up here everyone has a mask on.

just laughing at it. Not really serious.

Good job on the clerk. I wish more would carry. And carry on person. Not nearby so they are able to retrieve it.

Lots of convienence stores in my area have signs on their doors stating, "no hoodies or dark glasses worn inside of the store". However I have never heard it is against the law to wear a mask in public.

For sure it is in the Commonwealth.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here's the latest on the scumbag:

Accused Store Robber Denied Bail

Kahlil A. Kirton, 33, was denied bond Monday in Winchester General District Court. Kirton is accused of armed robbery of a 7-Eleven convenience store in Winchester.

Kirton is currently being held at the Northwestern Regional Adult Detention Center. He appeared in court through a live feed video. Judge Ian Williams denied him bond due to the nature of the case and Kirton’s prior criminal charges of violent crimes. During the proceeding Kirton was also denied a public defender.

On January 25, around 11:30pm, Kirton allegedly entered the 7-Eleven convenience store on Pleasant Valley Road in Winchester, displayed a gun and demanded money. He reportedly forced the clerk outside. During that time the clerk was able to retrieve her personal weapon and shot him multiple times. He was taken to Winchester Medical Center where he was treated for his injuries.

link

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
F*ck this guy. You got the cash from the till. Do you really think you are going to get a lot more cash from a 7-11 employee from her car. Yeah, he had other ideas. I'm so happy she shot him. I hope he's paralyzed or worse.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If I owned one of these places, the door would have an electric strike on it, and the clerk would have to buzz you in. There would also be a camera at eye level, that's both recorded (off site), and with a monitor the clerk can see. If the clerk can't see the face clearly (meaning it's been recordered) the person isn't going to be let in.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
This outcome in Winchester was a lot better than the outcome in Manchester (England). Folks in Winchester can arm themselves.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8938 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Good for her. But, as others have already said, she should have just shot him while inside the store.

In the store she likely had a gun pointed at her. Her odds of pulling hers (if it was on her) and shooting him before he shot her were probably not great. Her chances of surviving the ordeal at that point she probably figured was to give him the money and let him leave.

Once he forced her outside however, all bets are off. That takes it to a whole new level, and she likely knew that. Plus, if she were walking outside in front of him, that also would've given her the opportunity to pull her gun (again, if it were on her and not in her car or something) and get the upper hand on him.

Anyway, she's unhurt and the scumbag was and is now in custody. Good job.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post