SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma - Chamberlin My Q - *BennerP220 wins the My Q & OKCGene wins the thermostat*
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma - Chamberlin My Q - *BennerP220 wins the My Q & OKCGene wins the thermostat* Login/Join 
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted
I bought a new house in November and these items I can no longer use.

Chamberlin My Q - this item is used but works great (I no longer have the box) but is not compatible with my garage door opener. ***This will not work with Genie openers 2016 or newer.*** If you have a Genie 2016 or newer this will not work for you. Most other garage door openers will work with this. I love it and miss not having it. I've tried a couple others since we moved and still can't find one that is as easy to use as this one and works with my system Frown

The other item is a digital thermostat. This item was in the house when it was built and is used (for 2 months) but I recently got my Nest hooked up so I no longer need this. I do not have a box for this either but it's in almost new condition and is powered by 2 AA batteries.

Thermostat

Please indicate which item you have a preference for and I'll draw 2 winners on Friday, 2/12/21.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: remsig,

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
We just built a new house and I need that MyQ! I’m pretty certain it works with my new Linear garage door. I have the link box. Please add me for that!

Thank you for the chance!

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Please throw my name into the virtual hat for that MyQ, and thanks for the chance!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I would like to be in for the MyQ garage door thingy, please.

I have been thinking about getting one.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I've been wanting to get a new Thermostat.

My current model is a programmable, which I do not like at all, and I've wanted one that is not a programable. Just a regular one.

I didn't realize it had a battery in it until the battery light came on. I opened the cover and a AA Alkaline battery had begun to leak and ruin the spring. I was able to get it cleaned up enough to work.

I'd love to have the thermostat.

Thank you.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
In for the MyQ, please.
Thanks!

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since you installed a nest, I'd suggest you keep the stat for a backup for when the nest fails. Wink

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Since you installed a nest, I'd suggest you keep the stat for a backup for when the nest fails. Wink

That was helpful, or not.
Running a Nest for over 10 years without a problem. Wink

As to the OP, I love my MyQ.
Sends me an alert if the wife (or I) leave the garage door open.
No need to include me in the karama giveaway.

Congrats to the karma winner...

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

Have you nothing better to do?
I still have had no issues with my Nest thermostat..
Many have had the same experience..
Do you even have one, or are you just bored?

Not sure what your responses has to do with a member's karma giveaway..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ You are the one to question the opinion of a professional and want to have a discussion.
No wonder your handle is 1lowlife.

* your further responses will be ignored.
** sorry remsig, was being helpful and trying to keep it short, didn't know 1lowlife wanted to make it an issue and muddy up the thread.

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
The My Q would be nice. I have teenagers that never seem to remember to put the garage door down.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Do we really need a pissing match over a learning thermostat in a Karma thread? Gheez lets just add some politics to it...

On to the MyQ,

We have one, bought one for the daughters house, makes it easy to go over and check on their dogs when they are out, or pickup and return things, like getting my edger, drill, hammers, etc back...LOL

It's also good because you can set a range of hours where your door should be closed like say 9pm to 6am and if it's open it will alert you on the phone.

Also nice to be able to open the door from the motorcycle when it's starting to rain and I can then pull right into the garage without waiting..

Plus with the gateway you can name the door and use IOS to voice command the unit like "Hey Siri, Open Sesame!

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to throw my name in the hat for the
Chamberlin My Q

Thanks

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
^^^^ You are the one to question the opinion of a professional and want to have a discussion.
No wonder your handle is 1lowlife.

* your further responses will be ignored.
** sorry remsig, was being helpful and trying to keep it short, didn't know 1lowlife wanted to make it an issue and muddy up the thread.

Excam,

All good. When I saw your initial response this morning I wasn't sure what to think, but now after getting home from work and re-reading your posts I see you were posting in jest. I just updated the other thread about my positive experience with my Nest.

IIRC, you're an AC guy so you would know more than most of us about things AC/heat related. My brother is an AC automation engineer but works on big chillers and buildings, not houses, so he doesn't really have a lot of knowledge about residential systems. I'm sure if I could peel him out of Florida he would be able to help me, but I digress Big Grin

Back to the karma, so far OKC Gene is the only one who's expressed interest in the thermostat, so if no one else expresses interest tonight Gene will be the winner by default tomorrow morning.

As far as the My Q, I wish I could still use it. I didn't realize how much I would miss it until I moved and don't have it anymore. I'm still on the hunt for a similar model that's compatible with Genie but so far not having much luck.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chamberlin My Q - this item is used but works great (I no longer have the box) but is not compatible with my garage door opener. *

FYI here is a link for anyone entering, you can check your manufacturer/model number and see if your opener is compatible.

https://www.myq.com/myq-compatibility

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
We just built a new house and I need that MyQ! I’m pretty certain it works with my new Linear garage door. I have the link box. Please add me for that!

Thank you for the chance!

Benner,

You've won the My Q. Please send me an email with your address and I'll get the MY Q out on Monday after work.

OKCGene won the thermostat by default. We've already coorsponded via email. I'll get the thermostat out Monday. Hopefully OKC isn't buried in snow by the time it makes it there Wink

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Wow!! Thank you so much!! Email in bound.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Hey Benner --

First, congratulations on your win!

I do have a request. Once you get this organized and installed, would you please either post a review, or send me an email?

I would like to hear about the installation process, and how will it works, as I am thinking of buying one and it would be good to see a first-hand report before I spend the money.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
You bet! It will be several days as we will be moving into our new home during two winter storms. I hope to get it installed quickly.

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Hey Benner --

First, congratulations on your win!

I do have a request. Once you get this organized and installed, would you please either post a review, or send me an email?

I would like to hear about the installation process, and how will it works, as I am thinking of buying one and it would be good to see a first-hand report before I spend the money.