SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Steven Crowder goes back to TCU : Hate Speech Isn't Real. Change My Mind
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steven Crowder goes back to TCU : Hate Speech Isn't Real. Change My Mind Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I don't expect that anyone will devote 47 minutes to this, but kudos to Steven Crowder for having the patience and will to wade through this mire.
This episode of CM is certainly more sedate and productive than the previous one he did at TCU, at which the subject was "Rape Culture is a Myth". In that episode, Crowder was confronted by a confused, hysterical, estrogen-saturated female student who- after quickly realizing that she was intellectually outmatched- began crying, called the campus police over to have Crowder removed (technically, he wasn't even on the campus), and when those things failed, stood up and implored the crowd "CAN'T ANYONE GET THIS ASSHOLE OUT OF HERE????!!!!" Big Grin

If you want to try and understand the rationale of limiting free speech, go to about the 26 minute mark and pick up with the student who is part of the TCU debate team. Her time on camera ends at about the 33 minute mark. It's a calm and polite discussion and you can really get an understanding of the emotion-based "logic" of these children.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just watched it it's entirety on CRTV - it was a great discussion.
Actually civil but he is always calm and civil but the guests not so much on occasion.
Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
The last guy interviewed is what scares the hell out of me about this generation of millenials. Since he's all for mob rule, I wish Crowder had asked him about completely locking down illegal immigration into the US given a plurality of voters in this country support it in poll after poll. Bet that might have twisted his lace panties into a wad.

The debate team girl was soundly defeated, and even she knew it at the end.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
you can really get an understanding of the emotion-based "logic" of these children.

Ideals, no solutions.

Am I too hopeful that these kids will grow up and learn pragmatism?

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The first guy was an idiot. The woman from the Debate Team was articulate, but didn’t possess a strong enough argument to drive her point home; she kept returning to examples of direct action speech.

The last guy, a PhD candidate that may well live his life out as a tenured professor on some unfortunate campus, will be leading a mob to stone Ben Shapiro one day.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Talk about showing your true colors!

The debate team girl went down the rabbit hole of saying basically "We should allow the top 2% of intellectuals to decide what is hate speech and legislate punishments".

Either she's a fool or she believes she's part of the Ruling 2%.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am always amazed that obviously intelligent people somehow believe that state/federal legislators are "smarter" or more able to pass laws.

That is the real takeaway, many people are too quick to give up Inalienable rights to a "greater power".

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THIEF/banned
posted Hide Post
Hate Speech is not, There a just too many Softies in the world.

Posts: 71 | Location: PA | Registered: July 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
Either she's a fool or she believes she's part of the Ruling 2%.
Who says those two groups are mutually exclusive? Wink

I think she's both. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
And just to preach a bit to the crowd here, there is no such thing as 'hate speech' or 'hate crime'. Both terms are utter and complete BS.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only person I’ve seen who is able to get the libs panties in a bunch as well as Steve Crowder is Trump. He really is entertaining to watch in action and he never stoops down to their level.
The “Crowder confronts” videos are always a hoot

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
People don't like it when you challenge them by asking for actual facts and examples. Or ask them to define the mushy terms they use as if they have real meaning.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’m sooo embarrassed that these people exist in my hometown. I promise, not all folks in Fort Worth are that stupid.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
BTW, CUT for the member who can point out Crowder's Christopher Walken reference in that video.

A two second reference in a 47 minute video. I'll be impressed.

Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
"it's your birthright" is all I can associate with Christopher Walken.

These kids are way out of touch.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good guess, but no. Wink

You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
"Don't make me remind you"

From his Simpsons episode reading Goodnight Moon and telling the kids to 'skooch closer'.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Walken reference: ‘By Delilah’

Crowder is great. He and Jordan Peterson are the all-star Canadian thinkers in my book.

Michael

Posts: 1100 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
They certainly don't know quite as much as they think they do.

As far as Walken - how about the "I won't bite" comment when having them come closer in (reference line from Balls of Fire). Other than that I now know he was on the boat the night Natalie Woods died.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
"Don't make me remind you"

From his Simpsons episode reading Goodnight Moon and telling the kids to 'skooch closer'.
Very good. You got it. Smile

Choose your CUT