SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Never forget the other 9/11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Never forget the other 9/11 Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
Seven years ago today Benghazi happened. Four brave patriots defending the compound before they were ultimately tortured and killed. And during the attack no response from those in charge at the State Dept. Can't bring myself to type her name.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, never forget those who died supporting freedom, and those on our own soil who would make us all subjects rather than citizens.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I've heard said that most people have 5 days in their life that are remembered above all others. These may include the death of a loved one, other personal tragedy or a national tragedy. They may also include good things. Mine include:

1. Murder of JFK - I was in class in 7th grade.
2. Loss of the Space Shuttle Challenger - I was at work in the Bank when another employee got the call.
3. 9/11/01 - I was getting ready for work when the news came on Fox. The first tower had been hit and they thought it was a terrible accident. We didn't know the rest until I was at work.
4. Benghazi - I was home watching the news of Fox. We didn't initially know much.
5. Election of Donald Trump - I was waking up in bed in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico when I read the news on my iPhone.
6. ??

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
To me, it is an egregious example of a mainstream media sweeping an extremely important story under the rug.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Tonight, to remember the other September 11th, I will do my annual re-watch of 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi,

As it is every year, I will finish the movie furious, but I will also remember.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
agreed - its a shame she is still breathing - what a waste of oxygen she is

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
agreed - its a shame she is still breathing - what a waste of oxygen she is
And that other sunuvabitch that was "in charge".

THANK YOU, RogB, for posting that reminder. I had ashamedly let that event slip my memory. Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
A shameful day in this country when American heroes were in peril and the government looked the other way.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I hope it haunts hillary for the rest of her miserable life.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I hope it haunts hillary for the rest of her miserable life.
If you mean how others treat her, I agree. If you mean how she herself feels, don't bet on it--she has no shame, no conscience, no concern about others.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
A shameful day in this country when American heroes were in peril and the government looked the other way.

Very sad and shameful and very true.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
Can't bring myself to type her name.

I can: BITCH! It's too bad Ted Kennedy isn't around to take her for a nice drive along the river...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
They sent more troops and armament to arrest Roger Stone than they sent to defend Benghazi.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
I've heard said that most people have 5 days in their life that are remembered above all others. These may include the death of a loved one, other personal tragedy or a national tragedy. They may also include good things. Mine include:

1. Murder of JFK - I was in class in 7th grade.
2. Loss of the Space Shuttle Challenger - I was at work in the Bank when another employee got the call.
3. 9/11/01 - I was getting ready for work when the news came on Fox. The first tower had been hit and they thought it was a terrible accident. We didn't know the rest until I was at work.
4. Benghazi - I was home watching the news of Fox. We didn't initially know much.
5. Election of Donald Trump - I was waking up in bed in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico when I read the news on my iPhone.
6. ??

Mike

I'll add:
The day Reagan was shot.
17 January 1991: The night "Desert Shield" became "Desert Storm"
April 29, 1992: The LA riots since I wasn't too far away at the time.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Some of the other things mentioned standout in my mind but I'll add another that was not as big. I was sitting in my moms station wagon listing to the radio while she was grocery shopping when they announced Elvis had died. I wasn't a huge Elvis fan but it was very unexpected at the time.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our government, at least those in the know about Bengazi, should pay dearly for what happened. I am not sure if I remember correctly but didn't they try to blame the attack on a preacher burning a koran?

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post