SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Opportunity gone -- SIGforum challenge coin - NOT precious metal - refund research underway
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Opportunity gone -- SIGforum challenge coin - NOT precious metal - refund research underway Login/Join 
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted
I often see those who missed out on the originals and regret it. This is your final chance to get in on the phenomena. While these won't be precious metal, they will be unique to the forum. They will be sought after once they are gone. These would be a great EDC alternative to the originals.

They're cheap and we need more backers!!

As some have seen, there is a "Kickstarter type" site that will make traditional (non precious metal) challenge coins for us if we reach 500 desired.

This ends 31 May 2017. If at least 500 coins are requested, they will be made. If the goal isn't met, refunds will be made.

More details are in this thread in the classifieds section. Please read through it all. You'll see it was a bumpy start. Now's the time to get in. Don't wait until the end.

Thanks. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ffips,

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If I may add.

Please, if you are seriously wanting any, make the pledge and don't wait until you see if any one else is going to "take the plunge" first.

While normally, the "wait and see" is a smart thing, in this case, it may have the opposite effect.

It either hits the mark and they are made, or it doesn't and the funds are returned.

Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
One more add:

Here is the Linky

Currently only 80 out of the necessary 500 needed for production.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
One more add:

Here is the Linky

Currently only 80 out of the necessary 500 needed for production.

The link provided in quote above and in OP go to the secure site. If you don't see "https://" at the beginning in your browser. DO NOT purchase.

I also suggest removing CC info after contribution. Wink

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
It's currently at 85 out of the needed 500.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I put in for a few.

Bump.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Report This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Less than 400 to reach goal...

Bump.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for doing this. I just bought 4.

Posts: 744 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Report This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Ordered 6 of them today.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the recent contribtions. Here's to hoping this crosses the finish line.

Bump.

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Stalled at 109 contributions/22%.

43 days remain to reach target for production to occur.

Dont want to be a pest...
BTT

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Hey y'all, I get it. It was a rough start and a brief panic. Thing is, what we are doing is out of the norm which usually means a few hiccups. Those are gone now.

You've kicked the tires as evidenced by the thread counts. Now it't time to take that next step and throw some $$ in the pot. Heck, if 500 aren't funded, you'll get your $$ back.

To be honest, I just don't have the desire to continue nagging. I'm also not going to beg. Ya asked for it. It was made possible. If it don't happen that's on you. You have been lead to water. Drink it or thirst to death, it's your choice. I have done what I could.

You now have the batton. Are you going to cross the finish line or forfeit? Me? I'ma be over here relaxin'. Peace.

Last bump

Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Common peeps. Order a coin its only $7...

I desperately want mine. It will look good next to the silver one.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Report This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedprof:
Common peeps. Order a coin its only $7...

I desperately want mine. It will look good next to the silver one.

Actually $7.20 + $3.95 shipping on up to 10. Buying more makes the per unit price go down.

posted Hide Post
Bump as a friendly reminder that we are still 381 commitments away from making the last coin in the series a reality. We only have until May 31st to hit the 500 mark or this coin will not be produced.

Sigmonkey and fflps have put in a lot of hard work to make the originals and these happen and I'd hate to see us fall short.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Report This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Bumpity. Thanks to sigmonkey and ffips. I'd really like to see this happen. Smile

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Report This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Ordered 5.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Report This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Bump for interest. Smile

Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I cannot believe we cant get 500 orders...

They are only $7.20 plus shipping... Smile

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Report This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedprof:
I cannot believe we cant get 500 orders...

They are only $7.20 plus shipping... Smile

Not even the cost of a box of ammo... Smile