SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is Funny - NSFW but So Enjoyable
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is Funny - NSFW but So Enjoyable Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
how to get back at telephone scammers...priceless

http://www.boredpanda.com/prog..._campaign=BPFacebook

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That was priceless indeed. I listened to the whole thing. Very satisfying.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic. The phone was once a real convenience, now its an instrument of harassment.
My old man had a unique talent. He could talk to a telemarketer for 45 minutes to an hour and not fall for the pitch. They would eventually hang up on him. He thought it was hilarious but my Mother was not amused.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was funny. I wish that it could be done to all of them. Hell it would be great if it would follow them home! Their phone ringing over and over again!

When the shitbirds die and go to hell, I hope that the phone never stops ringing for them!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I wish I had that program.

Posts: 4101 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
OUTSTANDING!!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Fantastic. The phone was once a real convenience, now its an instrument of harassment.
My old man had a unique talent. He could talk to a telemarketer for 45 minutes to an hour and not fall for the pitch. They would eventually hang up on him. He thought it was hilarious but my Mother was not amused.

That, in and of itself, is funny! Thanks for the memory share, it gave me a good chuckle!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I ghess thats why i havent got any IRS calls lately.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
I'd like to buy him a container of his favorite beverage!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
That was great work. He should be able to earn a comfortable living doing the same for other phone scams. Hope karma is very good to him.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2008 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I wonder what it would take for computing resources to actually do that

a few hundred people doing this all at once to different scam targets would be awesome

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I wish he would add the vacation package people. I've blocked their number about a dozen times, but they either have a bunch of #'s or they're spoofing numbers (I suspect the later as caller ID shows it's a local #).

The bitch yesterday just kept going no matter what I said so I did an annoying high pitched whistle.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I have a great app idea..
If someone would make an app to do what this guy did I would happily pay for it and i would not be alone...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6312 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
When I was younger one of the things I did was speak lower and lower and lower forcing the caller to crank up there volume to hear me. When I was down to a whisper I would hit them with a canned air horn. Rarely got call backs. Can't imagine why. Smile

Now if I bother to pick up I usually just let out a literal growl/snarl and hang up.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Just right

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I wish he would add the vacation package people. I've blocked their number about a dozen times, but they either have a bunch of #'s or they're spoofing numbers (I suspect the later as caller ID shows it's a local #).

The bitch yesterday just kept going no matter what I said so I did an annoying high pitched whistle.

I spent one night at a Diamond resorts property and now I get flooded with calls....always starts the same...oops my headset wasn't working....I just won a trip....valued customer...

nope, leave me the fuck alone.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
I have a great app idea..
If someone would make an app to do what this guy did I would happily pay for it and i would not be alone...

absolutely

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I guess I should know the answer but I don't. When someone spoofs a number, its what appears on your caller ID. Is it also the number you get when you do the *67 or whatever to return the call? Is the spoofed number a way to cut the audit trail back to the unwanted caller? Or is there some way to find who really called?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
That was great!

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
He didn't take it far enough; should have done the same to the personal phone lines (cell & land) of every individual working there.

I despise thieves and scammers.

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post