SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone done your census yet?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone done your census yet? Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I'm pretty sure that once you don't respond then you get some worker paid to come by to your house who's prior experience has been to visit every house for miles getting in people's space. No thanks.

Somehow I don't think that is going to happen this time around. May be some small upsides to "The Wuhan" after all...

Posts: 8420 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
For the 'Heritage' question should I have answered 'Yes, I have two, but I like my Ruger Wrangler better?'

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I just did it on line. Document in the mail got wet and I dried it in my microwave (scorched it a bit). Took maybe 5-10 minutes to complete.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Completed online. Piece of cake.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Done! Yup...very easy and didn't take long. I was VERY tempted, though, to write in "Meat Popsicle" as to what kind of "White" I am. Big Grin I resisted that and started to write "Italian-Irish American", but in the end, just kept it simple and wrote in "American".

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:
For the 'Heritage' question should I have answered 'Yes, I have two, but I like my Ruger Wrangler better?'

Go with Other “American”

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Got the census letter in the mail yesterday and was wondering if anyone has gone online to fill theirs out and how long it took.

The instructions said about 10 minutes, and mine was no longer than that.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I'm pretty sure that once you don't respond then you get some worker paid to come by to your house who's prior experience has been to visit every house for miles getting in people's space. No thanks.

Somehow I don't think that is going to happen this time around. May be some small upsides to "The Wuhan" after all...

From the 2020census web site:
From May through July, census takers will visit homes that haven't responded to help make sure everyone is counted. Maybe they can do it through the door Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Saw that it's shut down for the next 14 days. No training, visits, etc.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Neel
posted Hide Post
Found mine in the mail box today. I was leery to begin with, but it wasn't as intrusive as I recall from years past.

Besides my gate is locked with a dog running the property so a census worker would have no chance getting to my from door.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Neel,

Posts: 559 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
four minutes.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
I submitted mine online and it was very fast and easy. It took me around 5 minutes and that was with proof-reading my answers.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2078 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Done online. Easy peasy.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yep, got mine today. And now, the garbageman has it.

And some how 'they' knew I tossed mine also and sent me a post card.
It has an impressive control code on it telling me how to do it online. And a promise that if I do not do it online within a week, that they will send me another paper form to fill out.
To bad they do not take as seriously any of their many self-created troubles.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Got it today. Done 5 minutes later.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
Got it today. Done 5 minutes later.

Same here. The instruction sheet was only in 15 languages, I predict an ACLU lawsuit.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
mine is scheduled to be delivered here today..if it makes it to my mail box

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31383 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I did mine today during a break in training. Went online and finished it under ten minutes.

I don't object to responding to the census. I do wish they'd allowed the "Are you a citizen?" question, but still... It's constitutionally mandated.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post