SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone done your census yet?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone done your census yet? Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Just did mine, super easy. Only want the names ages sex and relations of all persons living within...took less than ten minutes.

IIRC, 2010 was a lot more intrusive.

What Mike said.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I haven't gotten my census packet yet, but

I've gotten two mailings for my deceased sister (who happened to have married a dude, also deceased, who happened to have a "latin" last name.))

and had a door knocker who asked about her and wanted to make sure she pledged to fill out her census form,

and, had a mailing from our local "representative" that stressed how important it is that "everyone be counted" so as to ensure maximum federal funds to our district.

Sorry folks, there are only two people living in this house that could potentially house a couple of dozen illegals, and none of us are Communists. Hope this didn't burst your self-delusional bubble.

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No mail in option in the letter I received, online only and you cannot leave a question blank.

For race you have to enter an origin.

White (example German, Irish, English, polish)

I selected White and typed in mutt for me and Faux Dutch for my wife.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
No mail in option in the letter I received, online only and you cannot leave a question blank.

I was able to leave that blank, then it came back as red and I left it blank again and the thing went to the next question

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Under origin I typed in American

Posts: 177 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
If nearly every Republican in California were to claim only one person per household, how might that effect the number of representatives in the house? Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Got it yesterday and went on line and did it. It was pretty quick. Im not sure what good or harm in completing the form and not omitting anything.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I ate his liver, but skipped the fava beans.

I've never liked fava beans. Yech.

Chianti is nice.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received a census survey mailing that stated more than once it is a "violation of law not to respond" or some such threats.

Since I changed my elderly mothers mailing address to mine, I get TONS of "official, registered to the addressee, under penalty of federal law for anyone to open but the addressee" etc. mail that is all crap.

I checked, and the census survey thing seems legit, but everything about the actual mailing screams "phishing scheme" and thus should be ignored.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Haven't receive it yet. Will answer to the best of my ability. I believe accurate Census data is important to the functioning of the government, and is useful to later generations for genealogy.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I did mine online yesterday, it was no big deal.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Just did mine online. My entire family is White Native American.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:

I tried leaving it blank, but it didn't like that, so I put in "unknown" and it was happy.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yep, got mine today. And now, the garbageman has it.

Para, you’ve sparked my curiosity. Why would you throw it out? What difference does it make if the government knows how many people are in my home?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1Lowtrk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bonanacroin:
Under origin I typed in American

I did the same

Posts: 247 | Location: Burbank ill | Registered: May 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I'm always tempted to answer "African-American".

Technically accurate according to current thinking of where our species started out right?

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Since "None of your Goddamn Business" was not an option....
I dropped down to "other" and typed in Native American

As long as White people (example German, Irish, English, polish) are openly under attack and discriminated against in this country, why would I self-select "White"?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24112 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My wife did ours this morning. Wasn't much to it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I am guessing "Are you a citizen or able to legally vote?" wasn't asked?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am guessing "Are you a citizen or able to legally vote?" wasn't asked?

You are correct, sir.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24112 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post