SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Person who assaulted people at a Trump rally with a bike lock turns out to be a college professor who taught ethics
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Person who assaulted people at a Trump rally with a bike lock turns out to be a college professor who taught ethics Login/Join 
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
Preliminary hearing postponed until Sep. 28

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For fuck's sake. Freaking California. Roll Eyes Buncha do nothing jerks.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
Mr. Professor figured now was the best time to play the victim card Roll Eyes

"Eric Clanton releases first public statement since being targeted by the right and arrest this spring."
quote:

My name is Eric. I’m currently facing years of prison time as the result of accusations made in the most shockingly hateful parts of the internet. On April 19th I began being targeted by a dedicated swarm of internet trolls known for spewing racism, xenophobia, and misogyny onto the web. Suddenly a hit piece by Milo Yiannopolis caused the targeting to go viral. Several old social media photos were posted, online accounts hacked, addresses published, hundred of calls to my employers, and countless threats of physical violence made against me, my coworkers, friends and many others. This harassment campaign is where the accusations against me originated.

Dealing with an unintelligible internet force smearing and threatening me online was not easy, and created stress to say the least, but I had every expectation that very few people would take them seriously, especially considering the character and credibility of their sources. However, five weeks later the Berkeley police smashed into two houses, held guns to peoples’ heads, handcuffed, verbally abused, and stole the belongings of over a dozen people including books and zines.

All of this after my attorney Dan Siegel had reached out to Berkeley police on my behalf, and all on the basis of an ‘investigation’ that largely involved detectives reading far right forum posts and studying unverified youtube videos. When I was interviewed at the police station detective Hong had the nerve to say to me, “the internet did the work for us.” My case threatens to set a new standard in which right wing extremists can select targets for repression and have police enthusiastically and forcefully pursue them.

This is just one example of the police doing everything in their power to facilitate and to legitimize the violence and the rhetoric of the so-called alt-right. They are also criminalizing protesters who stood up to neo-Nazis last summer, hundreds of J20 and standing rock defendants. All of this from a system that has perfected criminalization through centuries of racist policing. All of this moves in a strategy to further chill dissent, and to clamp down on resistance to the dangerous and aggressive growth of the exact kind of white supremacist violence that we saw this last weekend.

RIP Comrade

Heather Heyer gave her life trying to stop the growth of this hate. She died defending decency, and may she rest peacefully knowing that struggle will continue and multiply. There’s little comfort in words at times like these especially for people directly affected, but love and solidarity to her family and to everyone who is still physically and psychologically recovering from this brutality. We’ve got your back.

To all my supporters

I want to thank everyone who came to court for me last Thursday or tried to. I know it was much quicker and less climactic than we thought. Supporting me in this bizarre time is not only an act of care, but one of bravery and strength. Seeing that on display makes me feel our collective power. Thank you all for showing up and for all the diverse, creative, and intimate ways that support has materialized outside of court. Thank you especially to the close friends who have cared for me fearlessly and unfailingly.

The fear and anxiety that this creates is by design, and it ripples out by design, BUT we get to decide its effectiveness. Look out for each other, be safe, be careful, and think hard about what all that means in the changing landscape. Keep caring for one another too and don’t be afraid. Keep building unity, creative struggle, and long-term strategies for expanding, and strengthening the communities that we live in and want to defend. We’re stronger than they are! Solidarity always!

Special thanks to the Bay Area Anti Repression Committee and the Labor Action Committee to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal for helping build support, the Community Readiness Corps for helping keep me safe, and the amazing lawyers who have been donating their time to help me fight this!

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's not going to help him at all.

Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Funny how targeting works. Don't assault people with bike locks and you won't get fucking targeted for prosecution comrade dumbass.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He knows that. He sounds a bit desperate to me, and that's good, because he brought all of this upon himself.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
As the Bos'n used to say to the Captain at Captain's Mast, "Eff him. Throw him in the brig."

This ain't no sea story.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the reality of actually doing real prison time has soaked into his dumbass brain!! It couldn't happen to a more deserving professor!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Special thanks to the Bay Area Anti Repression Committee and the Labor Action Committee to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal for helping build support, the Community Readiness Corps for helping keep me safe, and the amazing lawyers who have been donating their time to help me fight this!

Subversive, communist organizations all.

Saying this, he only solidified my resolve that he belongs in jail - permanently.

He's an oxygen thief.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's why I've been so eager to see him in the courtroom. I want this little shit to do real jail time, not probation.

JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Maybe I missed it in his statement, but he didn't say it wasn't him and that he didn't do it.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S600MBUSA:
Mr. Professor figured now was the best time to play the victim card Roll Eyes

quote:

However, five weeks later the Berkeley police smashed into two houses, held guns to peoples’ heads, handcuffed, verbally abused, and stole the belongings of over a dozen people including books and zines.

All of this after my attorney Dan Siegel had reached out to Berkeley police on my behalf, and all on the basis of an ‘investigation’ that largely involved detectives reading far right forum posts and studying unverified youtube videos. When I was interviewed at the police station detective Hong had the nerve to say to me, “the internet did the work for us.” My case threatens to set a new standard in which right wing extremists can select targets for repression and have police enthusiastically and forcefully pursue them.

Smarmy little prick is playing to his base. Given the political make up of the City Of Berkeley elected officials, I seriously doubt there is a law enforcement agency more tolerant of leftist assholes and their temper tantrums, er, I mean protests, than BPD. It is ludicrous to believe that a city as left as Berkeley would allow their police department to be used as an agent of right-wing politics.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
Maybe I missed it in his statement, but he didn't say it wasn't him and that he didn't do it.

I was thinking the exact same f'in thing. Apparently can't bring himself to flat out lie, so he'll just dance around the truth.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Ethics?

Yes. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Bike Lock Boy appeared in court this morning and waived his right to a preliminary hearing. The next court date, for the pre-trial hearing, is scheduled for December 14th.

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I wonder what made him choose that Particular Lock?

" I picked the lock with my .....

I can't wait for this lil wimpy guy to get a sheet thrown over his head in prison!
Maybe by a Mumia Abu-Jamal supporter...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Reading that missive, I get the sense he'll bolt if he sees his chances of victory fade.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, it can be awfully romantic to be able to call yourself a "political exile". Who knows? It might even help get him a teaching job somewhere nice.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who knows? It might even help get him a teaching job somewhere nice.

With any luck he'll be teaching other inmates for .50 cents an hour.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Who knows? It might even help get him a teaching job somewhere nice.

With any luck he'll be teaching other inmates for .50 cents an hour.

For the next 50 years?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post