SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Person who assaulted people at a Trump rally with a bike lock turns out to be a college professor who taught ethics
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Person who assaulted people at a Trump rally with a bike lock turns out to be a college professor who taught ethics Login/Join 
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
I hope the court throws every charge they can come up with at him and refuses to set any bail.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Im so glad they caught one of these slimy pieces of garbage red handed. He was not man enough to punch some one face to face, and wore a mask so he could hide. I hope he gets the maximum. What a chicken shit excuse for an American. Hopefully, no one will hire him with a felony on his record. Too bad they won't televise the trial.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Wakey, wakey, commie. Time to face the music.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107460 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Clanton thought his disguise would blend him into the crowd, and that his anonymity ensured his immunity from the legal and personal consequences of his actions.

It is a perfect metaphor of the communist mind set. The individual members of the NKVD, MGB, and KGB thought the same.

After Stalin's death, they learned the truth when prisoners began hunting their torturer's down. Then after the next court of political prisoners came out of the Gulag, it happened again, and when the whole system fell, it happened a third time.

Here in internet simply acceralted the karmic wheel.

I hope Clanton is fucked by a freight train while inside and sued into oblivion once out.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31419 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I have mixed feelings. The prof's actions are appalling, he deserves the worst the courts can throw at him. But this is Berkeley, the judge might be a liberal nutjob as well. And the prof's mindset isn't all that unusual on college campus' around here. One college flew the US flag at half mast for a full week after last November's election, to mourn the tragedy to America.

The prof in a classroom before mine last quarter would leave his notes on the board at the end of class, things like "you should have greater loyalty to MEChA and LaRaza than to America". A recent Bay Area college paper noted re Ann Coulter and Berkeley, that while Coulter has the right of free speech, oppressed people have the right of violence when they are offended. (The piece was written by a Muslim female).

I imagine there will be a news report in a few hours, it would be interesting to hear the perp's justification for his violence.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I have mixed feelings. The prof's actions are appalling, he deserves the worst the courts can throw at him. But this is Berkeley, the judge might be a liberal nutjob as well. And the prof's mindset isn't all that unusual on college campus' around here.
Good grief. Talk about going out of your way to turn something good into something bad.

Congratulations, Scoutmaster. Tell us- what other things do you fear might go wrong with this? He was outed with hard evidence, he was arrested, and in less than 45 minutes, he's being arraigned, but let's forget all of that and try to find the bad things that MIGHT happen! Let's TRY to turn this into something bad. Come on. Really? Really???

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
going to watch this one - its just 845 here - trying to see when the hearing is going to be held

I hope he is denied bail but this is the kind of person that needs to be cleansed from the gene pool

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Here's a photo of the "professor".

Imagine kids taking classes from this scumbag.

He needs the smile wiped off his face big time.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16660 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I have mixed feelings. The prof's actions are appalling, he deserves the worst the courts can throw at him. But this is Berkeley, the judge might be a liberal nutjob as well. And the prof's mindset isn't all that unusual on college campus' around here.
Good grief. Talk about going out of your way to turn something good into something bad.

Congratulations, Scoutmaster. Tell us- what other things do you fear might go wrong with this? He was outed with hard evidence, he was arrested, and in less than 45 minutes, he's being arraigned, but let's forget all of that and try to find the bad things that MIGHT happen! Let's TRY to turn this into something bad. Come on. Really? Really???

I work on two college campus' in Silicon Valley, in different college districts, which combined cover a wide range of the social and economic spectrum. I have seen a number of campus protests that are defacto anti-America and seemingly encourage the behavior of this prof. One college Pres' hand picked student told us on opening day "it is more important for a college student to gain and use political power than it is to gain and use an education". Also, most of my neighbors are of the Berkeley/Stanford type who hold similar views.

The mindset that connects the schools and my community is the very mindset displayed by the prof here. I will likely see an article next week in a school paper, or an email from the union leaders, supporting this prof, regardless of today's outcome.

All I am saying is that in the Bay Area, this prof's attitude (separated from his actions) is the norm.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
All I am saying is that in the Bay Area, this prof's attitude (separated from his actions) is the norm.
Who around here do you think does not know this, and that is not what you said and that is not what I'm addressing. You and others in this forum do not need to go out of your way to try to turn something good into something bad. It may very well be that this guy gets off with a slap on the wrist, but you don't know that and you DO NOT need to be bringing that negative shit into this forum.

I've had it with some members who cannot wait to try and turn a victory into a defeat, and if you say that's not you or that you don't want to be included in such a group, then, by God, try standing with us and savor the victories.

Fair warning- anyone in this forum who wants to try to bring us down by ignoring events and then PREDICTING(!) the absolute worst, I am your new best friend here and you will not like it. You will not like it.

Woul you rather that this asshole retained his anonymity, was not caught and was still assaulting others??

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://darktriadman.com/2017/...on-arraignment-live/

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Yep, regardless what the court gives him, he needs to have his ass handed to him. Hopefully he'll find that outcome in lockup.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think his arraignment was for 9AM - that was 3 hours ago, but it may not have actually happened yet - he could be waiting his turn in holding Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
He needs the lock shoved up his ass and the key shoved down his throat.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Here's a photo of the "professor".

Imagine kids taking classes from this scumbag.

Two rounds of 9mm at center mass would do that.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He's not smiling about jackshit now,

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
So after following the link, all I saw was a bus entering a building. Does anyone know the outcome of the hearing? Can it be reduced to a simple statement instead of a poorly shot video that shows nothing?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dick, does anything make you happy these days?

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I work on two college campus' in Silicon Valley, in different college districts, which combined cover a wide range of the social and economic spectrum. I have seen a number of campus protests that are defacto anti-America and seemingly encourage the behavior of this prof. One college Pres' hand picked student told us on opening day "it is more important for a college student to gain and use political power than it is to gain and use an education". Also, most of my neighbors are of the Berkeley/Stanford type who hold similar views.

It is possible that Stanford has changed in the years since I was there, but I find it hard to believe it has gone that far. Sure, there might have been somewhere between 0.5% and 2% on campus that were "fruit loopy" enough to have fit in just fine at Berzerkeley, but they were far and away a tiny (and not particularly vocal) minority. I know a few sane (well otherwise sane) conservative folks who went to Berkeley. I got the impression that they were as much of a quiet minority there as the loons were at Stanford.

Has it really changed that much?

Posts: 6909 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
So after following the link, all I saw was a bus entering a building. Does anyone know the outcome of the hearing? Can it be reduced to a simple statement instead of a poorly shot video that shows nothing?

I found a much longer video that may have the answer buried in there somewhere, but it is over an hour of people talking on the side of the road. The information may be published in the form you are looking for at some point. Frankly, I am more interested in hearing how long the sack of dung gets to spend in prison (I vote forever), but those results are going to require even more patience. The wheels (gears?) of justice grind slowly. I hope they grind this inDUHvidual up *really* finely.

Posts: 6909 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post