SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Person who assaulted people at a Trump rally with a bike lock turns out to be a college professor who taught ethics
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Person who assaulted people at a Trump rally with a bike lock turns out to be a college professor who taught ethics Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted
This is local news to me.
Bay Area college professor used U-shaped bike lock in beating, police say

BERKELEY — A former Diablo Valley College professor was arrested Wednesday in connection with the use of a bike lock in the beating of three people during a rally for President Donald Trump last month, police said Thursday.

Eric Clanton remained in custody in lieu of $200,000 bail at Berkeley Jail on Thursday and is scheduled to be arraigned at 9 a.m. Friday at Oakland’s Wiley W. Manuel Courthouse. He was arrested on three counts of suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon that isn’t a firearm and assault causing great bodily injury.
In a statement Thursday, police acknowledged that video of the incident, captured by onlookers and posted on social media, helped them identify Clanton as the suspect behind “several violent assaults” that happened April 15 during the demonstration at Civic Center Park on Martin Luther King Jr. Way.

Police confirmed Clanton can be seen in videos hitting people in the head with a U-shaped bicycle lock. Three people received “significant injuries” because of the beatings, police said.

Homicide detectives handled the investigation because of the seriousness of the assaults, police said. Investigators served warrants Wednesday at unspecified addresses in San Leandro and Oakland, the latter of which is where authorities took Clanton into custody.

He surrendered without incident, police said.

Conservative websites celebrated the arrest as a victory against anti-fascist supporters. Conservative groups of pro-Trump supporters fought with anti-Trump supporters — self-described as anti-fascist or “antifa” — during the rally.

The website 4chan posted video of the attack several days after it happened, showing someone hitting another person over the head with the U-shaped bike lock. The video also was posted by several outlets on YouTube.

A former DVC staff directory on its web page said Clanton has worked at the school since 2015, teaching an “introduction to philosophy with a background in teaching ethics, critical thinking, and comparative philosophy East/West” with “primary research interests” of ethics and politics. Although he taught part time at DVC in the past, he was not employed there this semester, DVC officials said.

He earned a bachelor’s degree at California State University, Bakersfield. He also earned a master’s degree at San Francisco State in philosophy in 2015, and was only employed there during his time as a student, SFSU officials said.

Employee records for 2015 and 2016 listed Clanton as a lecturer with the California State University system and a philosophy instructor with the Contra Costa Community College District, according to Transparent California.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19637 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
$20 says the foundation of the ethics he taught was popular opinion not something with long standing and constant roots such as Judeo-Christian values.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23200 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
You can't give me long enough odds to take that bet!!!

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it would ethical and just, to let each of his victims take one swing at the POS with the weapon that used on them, for every stitch required to sew their lacerations up.

Any fracture, broken tooth or other major injury is a bonus 20 swings for each, and lost wages and work are additional swings of justice, purely at the discretion of the injured person.

Posts: 3474 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
I think it would ethical and just, to let each of his victims take one swing at the POS with the weapon that used on them, for every stitch required to sew their lacerations up.

Any fracture, broken tooth or other major injury is a bonus 20 swings for each, and lost wages and work are additional swings of justice, purely at the discretion of the injured person.
I find Vermeer brush chippers to be extremely ethical as they don't discriminate on species, race, color, creed, religion, natl. origin, age, gender, sexual preference, or political affiliation. Feet first would provide the most learning for the professor.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23200 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I goddamn despise fucking commies. Mad

Q

Posts: 26323 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Look at it this way- this guy is in a world of shit. He was identified by people on the internet and the police in California are actually doing something about this thug.

His fellow assholes on the Left see all of this happening. You can bet that this will affect their behavior. Even these dolts get the message.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107471 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
He was also videotaped at the Sacramento Trump rally where he was right in the middle of several Trump supporters that were stabbed.

Makes me wonder if he did any of the stabbing.

If so, I hope he gets the credit and the penalty for it.

Hiding behind a skirmish line of women, hit and run - weak.

He is... not a man.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
The one video that I saw made my blood boil. He comes from behind a crowd wearing mask, black hoodie and cloths and swings that bike lock on the head of a guy who was trying to break the fight up.

That's really standing up for your beliefs. NOT.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19637 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
one of these days we've got to reclaim our colleges. They smell.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10892 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Eric is going to get a participation trophy from the court, and the jail door lock hitting him upside the head with reality for a couple years.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Damn it. There is never a lynch mob around when ya need one.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31421 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bay Area college professor used U-shaped bike lock in beating, police say
Like this?

That could inflict a serious injury, even kill if it hit the right spot on the skull. In much of the rest Roll Eyes of the country, that would be grounds for shooting.

Posts: 27921 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Once again, leftist hypocrisy is exposed and brought to light; the more it happens, the more middle of the road democrats will slink quietly away from these radical traitors and their false messages. I hope this guy spends a lot of time in prison with the dregs as he so richly deserves.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15550 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
He was also videotaped at the Sacramento Trump rally where he was right in the middle of several Trump supporters that were stabbed.

Makes me wonder if he did any of the stabbing.

If so, I hope he gets the credit and the penalty for it.

Hiding behind a skirmish line of women, hit and run - weak.

He is... not a man.

I'm not a LEO but if I was he would definitely be a "person of interest". He is definitely a piece of shit.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Wake up, you slimey little weasel. Your arraignment is this morning. Having fun yet, stupid?

posted Hide Post
Firing squad

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
those guys on 4chan don't mess around, and I really wouldnt want to be on their bad side. They also helped rssia coordinate a drone strike against syrian rebels.

https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan...rstrike_on_moderate/

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Will the judge allow this little weasel to wear his mask in court? I'd really like to see this asshole try it.

Please post any pics you find from this commie charlatan's arraignment in court. I want to see if the smugness has yet worn off.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Guess they missed one Clanton at the O.K.Corral. Hopefully the Judge' last name is Earp Wink

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post