SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Altair Training Solutions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Altair Training Solutions Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted
Has any on the forum trained with these guys? I drove past the facility a couple of days ago and it is very impressive.

It seems oriented to military and door kickers but they have normal classes too.

https://www.altairtrainingsolutions.com/

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd take a class there just to check out the facility. If SOF units train there it will be squared away.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool. Looks like they bought a defunct Florida prison and have turned it (turning it) into a training facility.

Registered as Disabled / Female-owned Business to get preference on Government contracts. Smart.

You can do all kinds of crazy advanced training there, including breaching and airborne ops... Sleeping for 350?? An entire Rifle Company! A 2 mile range... One photo looks like training on breaching a prison gate - which would make sense given the facility would have all kinds of 'lock down' scenarios to defeat.

Plus they mention the FL climate allows 365 day training ops.

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I'm a member out there. They have 2 facilities. One is the smaller gun club where most of the civilian classes take place (the Deep Lake facility). The larger facility (with a 2 mile rifle range!!!) is reserved for the most part for military training. They are both former prisons.

I've been to their Tac 1 and Tac 2 pistol classes and a couple of carbine classes. The training classes I've been to are good, and the ranges are nice (although the rifle range is not even 200 yds at the civilian club.)

I guess it depends what you are looking for. The civilian classes are geared towards what I would call the hobbyist - not someone looking to really master the weapon. I don't consider the classes at the same level as something offered by guys like John McPhee or Pat McNamara. Every once in a while they offer a cool civilian class at the big facility - like long range shooting or CQB in the kill house. I want to try one of those.

Most of the instructors are not names you've heard of, but they have solid experience and are competent and fun to train with.

I'm a little down on the place for 2 reasons - the owner, while he did have a great military career, sort of misrepresented himself as a Tier 1 guy. I don't want to say he lied about it, but in my opinion, he was intentionally vague enough in his bio to give the impression that he was a Unit guy, which he wasn't. That always rubbed me the wrong way, although he and his wife (a retired Army captain) are both very nice people. Secondly, even as as a member, you can't just show up. You have to "RSVP" a day in advance. I guess they only book RSOs if someone is going to come out and shoot. Not the end of the world, but it's a bit annoying as I often like to go shooting on a whim.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chicago, I have been to the facility on SR 29. I pass it a few times a week. They were prepping for an outdoor wedding on one of my passes. Is there where they have the 3 gun matches?

Where are you? Naples or Fort Myers? I have seen a couple of trucks with Altair membership stickers on Immokalee RD. I just happened to find the big house by mistake while looking for a shortcut to Snake Road.

Thanks for the training info.

quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I'm a member out there. They have 2 facilities. One is the smaller gun club where most of the civilian classes take place (the Deep Lake facility). The larger facility (with a 2 mile rifle range!!!) is reserved for the most part for military training. They are both former prisons.

I've been to their Tac 1 and Tac 2 pistol classes and a couple of carbine classes. The training classes I've been to are good, and the ranges are nice (although the rifle range is not even 200 yds at the civilian club.)

I guess it depends what you are looking for. The civilian classes are geared towards what I would call the hobbyist - not someone looking to really master the weapon. I don't consider the classes at the same level as something offered by guys like John McPhee or Pat McNamara. Every once in a while they offer a cool civilian class at the big facility - like long range shooting or CQB in the kill house. I want to try one of those.

Most of the instructors are not names you've heard of, but they have solid experience and are competent and fun to train with.

I'm a little down on the place for 2 reasons - the owner, while he did have a great military career, sort of misrepresented himself as a Tier 1 guy. I don't want to say he lied about it, but in my opinion, he was intentionally vague enough in his bio to give the impression that he was a Unit guy, which he wasn't. That always rubbed me the wrong way, although he and his wife (a retired Army captain) are both very nice people. Secondly, even as as a member, you can't just show up. You have to "RSVP" a day in advance. I guess they only book RSOs if someone is going to come out and shoot. Not the end of the world, but it's a bit annoying as I often like to go shooting on a whim.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Yes they do 3 gun and IDPA at the one on SR29.

I'm in Naples....takes me about 40 minutes to get to the club.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post