SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Comedian tears into NYT reporter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comedian tears into NYT reporter Login/Join 
posted
I'll caveat that Jimmy Dore is a Bernie supporter but, after Bernie got shoved aside for Clinton, Dore has since been on a tear, against the press and the Democrats. In many ways, the left eating the left.

Dore and his fellow comedians make fun of the interview Joe Rogan did of NYT opinion writer Bari Weiss, injecting commentary regarding her lack of knowledge on topics she's passionate about Roll Eyes

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Sadly, they (lefties) say stuff all the time without knowing what they're saying or having any examples to back up their claims. E.g. Trump is a racist. What? How? They've got no back up, they just say it.

It is humorous for lefties to call out other lefties for doing what they do. I enjoyed the vid.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Quite entertaining, even with the leftist view.

Regarding the subject of the video, well, that's astonishing. She hasn't a clue.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Smugnorant

Cool Big Grin Smile

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was pretty funny. Even the leftist jokes were funny...which is all I ask of comedians.

Astonishing that the liberal talking points can't withstand the most gentle and open ended questions such as the ever so difficult "oh really, what do you mean by that?"

I don't know, can we Google it? Roll Eyes

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Just FYI - Bari Weiss and Bret Stephens are considered the 'conservatives' at the NYT. Obviously they are both liberals of the McCain variety, but the wacko liberals hate them and constantly attack the NYT as being too conservative Roll Eyes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/s...point-diversity.html

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
FWIW Rogan's own tit is in a wringer after a softball interview with Twitter's Jack Dorsey, one of the usual suspects. If you don't watch Rogan, he generally tries to be all things to all people. He can be submissive and even timid which is odd for a guy with UFC connections.

He does long form interviews which can be quite good. He's also a borderline stoner which figures into his perspective. He got on the map going after other comedians who steal jokes.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Just FYI - Bari Weiss and Bret Stephens are considered the 'conservatives' at the NYT. Obviously they are both liberals of the McCain variety, but the wacko liberals hate them and constantly attack the NYT as being too conservative Roll Eyes

An article by Glenn Greenwald, about as un-American a writer as any who exists in the current information landscape. He and his cohorts at The Intercept, take great pride and glee, exposing national security short-comings and sharp-shooting the members charged with protection of this country. Greenwald and his ilk epitomizes the smug, arrogant and condescending elitism that the news media is today.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
"Joe Rogan's sexist, he attacked me, he threw his dick in my face and made me say.....Mother lode" Big Grin

There were a few zingers in there, but the beauty of the video is highlighting exactly what we've been saying for years. These so called "journalists" have not one bit of originality. They just parrot and regurgitate the talking points. It's scary that there are idiots out there that believe the journo's are subject matter experts because they string together a few words on a blog or come up with some snarky quip on twatter.

Fucking smugnorant assholes! Cool

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
"Smugnerant"

Beautiful.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Thank you. Quite entertaining, even with the leftist view.

Regarding the subject of the video, well, that's astonishing. She hasn't a clue.

Yet writes for the NYT.

IRONY...

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/s...point-diversity.html

In her defense, Rogan's show is a 3-hour shit-shooting session. However, she should have known to use more care than many of Rogan's other guests would be expected to use, because of her line of work. Rogan did know better than her to not make accusations about a specific person without being on solid footing.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smugnorant...I just used it today.

Damn that's a good word Cool

My only apparent accomplishment in life is being banned from an ancient forum
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Dore is a massive piece of shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SSsmceNnTY

Posts: 166 | Location: Washington State | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
quote:
FWIW Rogan's own tit is in a wringer after a softball interview with Twitter's Jack Dorsey, one of the usual suspects. If you don't watch Rogan, he generally tries to be all things to all people. He can be submissive and even timid which is odd for a guy with UFC connections.

He does long form interviews which can be quite good. He's also a borderline stoner which figures into his perspective. He got on the map going after other comedians who steal jokes.

eh, fuck those douchers.

He is not nor does he claim to be a journalist or of doing 'interviews'. He invites people on his podcast because he finds them interesting and he wants to know more about them or their work. Just a dude conversing with people....and occasionally having a beer or a joint.

It isn't his 'job' to nail people in 'interviews', it's a podcast.

From physicists, novelists, musicians, inventors, conspiracy theorists, hunters, MMA, comedians, journalists, alternative historians, authors, scientists, naturalists, athletes, professional skeptics, podcasters, etc., he has people of every stripe, spot and feather on his podcast.

It isn't like he ambushed her, he just asked what her proof was. It was her mistake thinking he was a bonehead and that it was a cocktail party.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
That was quite enjoyable. Big Grin

I watch Joe Rogan every once in a while but I find that when he has someone I already like it's a bit boring. However, when someone I don't know if on it's entertaining.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:

It isn't (Rogan's) 'job' to nail people in 'interviews', it's a podcast.

Still, Dorsey had recently lied before Congressional hearings and that needed to be addressed. Rogan has a huge Twitter presence, not rattling Dorsey's cage appeared cowardly.

More disturbing, critical comments at YouTube were apparently deleted as well as altered like/dislike numbers. I'm not going to dig up links to that effect, they're out there.

Rogan's stuff can have value, long interviews can be revealing. I came to like Dale Earnhard Jr. more after his Rogan appearance, for example.

Joe Rogan isn't as smart as he thinks he is. He throws out medical advice as if he's some sort of truth in that regard, he can sound like a fool. His defense, his encouragement of specific drug use can be annoying and sanctimonious. He can be shockingly ignorant about things political.

I'm less likely to listen to Rogan than I used to be.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post