SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alitalia smashes 17th century viola da gamba (stringed instrument like a cello)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alitalia smashes 17th century viola da gamba (stringed instrument like a cello) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I guess I should have called it a cello, but it is definitely not a violin.
Then, in the future, please be clear in your subject lines. Next time you want to tell us about a guitaro gambino or whatever, use words we're familiar with, please.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some very close friends have a jewelry wholesale business. While flying back home from a show the airline MADE them door check the bag of items. They were insistent they not be. Airline stated if they didn’t, They’d not fly so they did ... well when they landed guess what was not in the cargo hold. The bag that held about $1m of jewelry. After Lloyd’s of London was notified and then the feds descended upon basically shutting down original airport the bag “mysteriously” showed up in the lost luggage section in Atlanta

I located it for them through a connection I have

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I used to work on the ramp for America West Airlines. I never intentionally tried to damage baggage nor did I ever see my co-workers try. Damage usually occurred when something blocked the conveyor that goes through the building. If the conveyor belt wasn't stopped in time, it would burn holes in the bags that were stuck. Sometimes bags would fall from the belt loader that feeds into the plane. My guess it that the instrument fell from a luggage cart on the way to the plane and something ran over it. I would have at least had the instrument in it's case and then put into a Pelican type case.

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post