SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where's fwbulldog?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where's fwbulldog? Login/Join 
Picture of fwbulldog
posted
Any guesses as to where I went this week?

My parents are in the picture for scale.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
CC FL?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
CC FL?

Nope. Although I have been there. Smile

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Not sure.

He was last seen posting in this thread.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8450025544

Hope he's OK and all...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Not sure.

He was last seen posting in this thread.

Hope he's OK and all...

He is quite well, and back at the hotel. Smile

It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Well, seeing that your listed location is Round Rock, which is close to the Houston Space Center, I'm going to think outside the box and say Huntsville Space Center.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
Well, seeing that your listed location is Round Rock, which is close to the Houston Space Center, I'm going to think outside the box and say Huntsville Space Center.

Nope. Not Huntsville. But now that I know they have a way nicer building to house a Saturn 5 I'm putting it on my list of places from which I need to post "where am I?" pictures.

If you're into space junk, Space Center Houston is a lot of fun. Went with my dad, who is a pilot and aviation history buff, and my kids (who, being born in the age of the brain sucking smartphone, get bored if they can't skip the commercial in in the first 5 seconds).

For me, it was a moving experience, to see the history of manned space flight. Get a sense of scale for how massive the rockets were, and how tiny the capsules were.

If nothing else, my kids have some sense of appreciation and respect for what was accomplished. And they got some junk from the gift shop, so everybody is happy. Well, except my wife who repeatedly has said "I can't believe you dragged me to Houston in mid August to stand in a metal building to look at a stupid fake rocket. You mean this one didn't even go anywhere? So why are we sweating our asses off to look at it?"

Lol. Perspective.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:

My parents are in the picture for scale.
I really need to read more carefully.

At first glance, I thought: "What? Why is he selling his parents?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Johnson Space Center with a Saturn V.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It's been years since I've been to JSC, long enough that the Saturn V didn't have a building.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I know. Wink

Hard to imagine the scale of that machine until you see it in person.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That is one impressive sky rocket.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Houston we have an answer.

My wife and kids spent the day there a few weeks ago while we were in town for a baseball tourney.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I’ve been to Huntsville and KSC recently, so as mentioned that’s gotta be JSC. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, which is the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum annex.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

The Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, which is the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum annex.

Udvar-Hazy doesn't have a Saturn V.

KSC, Huntsville, and JSC do (and rightly so). Stennis has a S-II stage that they want to restore and cover as well.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Stennis?

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
Stennis Space Center

last year they moved one of the shuttle boosters to the infinity Center from NASA Michoud facility which is down the road from me

Lots of stuff at Stennis including SBT-22. They bring the 10m jet boats over and launch just up the road often through the year

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post