SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's Been WAY Too Long MARZY KARMA! *Winner is Rustspot!*
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's Been WAY Too Long MARZY KARMA! *Winner is Rustspot!* Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
What I have here is a MAN'S fidget spinner thingy.

Not one of those pansy assed automatic transmission crap emasculating snowflake time occupier.

Only real men need apply as I have a 6 speed Ferrari shifter fidget keychain.

Rules: you either are a man and already drive a man's vehicle with a manual transmission or you use this training aid to achieve the first level of your newly minted man card. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mars_Attacks,

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34114 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Count me in please. Been manly since the late 70's

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very awesome Karma, I would love to have that. I have always preferred and enjoyed dumping the clutch and banging gears.

Posts: 1142 | Location: Phila Area | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Very cool fidget! In please.

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I am no longer manly in the sense of transmissions.

I drove nothing but manly vehicles for all of my life, when I had a choice (many vehicles now are only available in the PRNDL version), until hip problems that came with aging and medical things, made clutch operation very uncomfortable.

If I am eligible, I would certainly like to have this as a memory of times gone by.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Okay, that's cool! Throw my name in the hat.

Grew up driving sticks and 5+2 farm trucks, spent part of last summer driving a big ol' Louisville with an 8LL and deep reduction.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15223 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Once you've driven a gated shifter your Man Card gets an extra star!
Please count me in!!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6315 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
I've driven manly, would like to go back with the right vehicle someday. Please include me in this awesome Karma.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
My first driving lessons in the 70's were in my dad's 40's Willys Jeep.
In please.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes please. I own two autos with stick shifts.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I'm in ! Thank you !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
I too am in the manny club.

Posts: 5198 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Matches the shift pattern in my Mini - I'm in!

Thanks, Marzy!

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
That's an awesome karma, please count me in. Thanks for the chance.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Please count me in, I have had many stick shifts and currently have a 04 STI(6 speed) for a toy. Right after high school I had a 70 SS Chevelle with a LS5 454 that came with a M22 rock crusher, I smoked the stock clutch and installed a Borg and Beck 3 finger 3500lb pressure plate when I replaced it. That thing had no slippage in it and was great right up until I drove into downtown Chicago on a Friday and got stuck in traffic for 2 hours. I think I was in tears before it was over.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Count me in Marzy..... My current toy has a 7 speed manual tranny!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
I'm in!
Just bought a new Tacoma with 6spd manual, same pattern as the Ferrari too

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm not in but that is way cool. I think I can piss people off by making sounds as I go through the gears.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Never had a six speed. Cars I've had with a manual transmission:
1954 Chevrolet Bel Air, engine swapped it with a 383 Chrysler and four speed transmission.
1966 Pontiac 2+2, 421 replaced with a 1969 Pontiac Ram Air III and four speed, probably blew up four Muncies in that car.
1955 Buick Special, 264 with three on the tree.
1969 Pontiac GTO, 4 speed.
And at present, a 1967 Pontiac 2+2, 428 4 speed.

Notice I did not mention the 1973 Vega and the 1976 Monza with four speeds, figured that would take away cred..... Wink

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since about 88 or 89, I have been driving a mans vehicle, triaxle, quad axle dump trucks, then on to semi dump trucks, hauled oversize construction equipment. Some had 13 speed, some 18 speeds, some twin stick 5 and a 4 four trans. For the last nine years I been driving a truck with and automatic, I'm out of practice shifting, I also left out my truck has a weight rating of 1,112,000 pounds, its a komastu 930 offroad mining truck...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post