SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Carpool or I know you drive a nice Audi but YOU are NOT special!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carpool or I know you drive a nice Audi but YOU are NOT special!! Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
I did carpool this afternoon for the first time this year as I took the afternoon off. Typically I do the morning which is much easier. Anyway, while we are all in line waiting our turn, a woman in a blue Audi SUV drove along the outside of the line and then darted in, cutting everyone off, to get a place at the curb to pick up her little princess. Of course, she couldn’t wait in line like all the plebes. She’s toooo important her husband is obviously important too and that makes their brat important so they don’t have to wait like everyone else. Really? Wow! Where do I worship you my ladyship. Mad According to Mrs. BB61, she regularly cuts off people in the carpool lane rather than wait her turn. Not that it will help but I did get a teacher to go offend her and let her know she has to wait in line like the rest of the plebes and that we weren’t impressed with her sense of importance.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Think you meant to put this in "What's Your Deal!".

The teacher-parent interaction you orchestrated won't do any good. That lady won't adjust her ego until she feels painful consequences that introduce her to humility. You could introduce her to those consequences, but it wouldn't be worth it to you.

It's a safe & sure bet that the kiddie pickup line isn't the only place that she acts like an entitled bitch. Somebody, somewhere, will come loose on her eventually. Then she'll feel the pain. 'Till then, she'll just continue to rack up negative karma.

In the meantime, you're letting her take up real estate in your brain without paying rent. You'll be much happier if you just blow her off, not let her get under your skin and ruin your day.

Hope the rest of your day went better.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate people like that. The exit for the office park where I work often gets a bit backed up in the mornings and over the past 10+ years I've made a game of guessing which cars make the right turn only to bang a u-turn to go left. I memorize the plate or car so when I go, I will shoot out in front of the self important assholes, even when its close. They'll hit their brakes. I hate people who are misinformed about their level of importance.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
In this case an Audi, but I find the larger BMW drivers to be the most aggressive--not so much in carpools as on the freeway.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I really miss my piece of shit 1995 Jimmy. When i was driving it, I had poor vision -- I never noticed assholes like your Audi driver, so they pulled in front of me at their own risk. Somehow, they seemed to sense my vision defect, and were very careful when in my vicinity.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If this is occuring at a public school, inform the district's safety resource officer. This person may in fact be arrogant but what they are doing potentially puts others at risk and should be stopped. A friend who is an SRO sends folks who do these types of things around to the back of the line.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
According to my German uncles, these luxury cars come equipped with “eingebauten vorfahrt”.

This translates to “built in right-of-way”!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
In this case an Audi, but I find the larger BMW drivers to be the most aggressive--not so much in carpools as on the freeway.

What's the difference between a BMW and a Porcupine?

With a BMW, the prick is on the inside Razz

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:

Around here, it's the crew cab pick-ups with the obligatory lift kit!

I keep thinking; too much Mt. Dew and NASCAR.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I really miss my piece of shit 1995 Jimmy. When i was driving it, I had poor vision -- I never noticed assholes like your Audi driver, so they pulled in front of me at their own risk. Somehow, they seemed to sense my vision defect, and were very careful when in my vicinity.

You remind me of a distant memory. 1987 and I'm in my vintage 1978 Ford Pinto. Headed North out of Atlanta after a frustrating trip for job search after grad school. Coming into a construction zone and Mr. Mercedes decides that he IS going to force his way in as OP described.
Yeah, I don't think so.
Used a similar tactic in Naples Italy in 2004 in a rental car with full coverage. If I hadn't I believe we would still be sitting there today.
There really is something to be said about the I don't give a shit mentality.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Entitled drivers. Mad

This happened a few years ago. Wife and I were on an interstate highway, three lanes in each direction.

There was a construction zone up ahead, miles ahead, that was causing a huge traffic backup.

Everyone was behaving rationally, three lanes of traffic creeping along, with nobody doing anything stupid. EXCEPT the entitled jerks who came zooming down the shoulder of the highway.

I watched, and applauded along with the rest of the folks who were sticking to their lanes, as three 18-wheelers coordinated to form a rolling road block, shutting down the jerks who were using the shoulder to try to pass everyone.

When we all got past the construction zone and were able to accelerate, just about every driver who passed one of the 18-wheelers would give a friendly "honk" and a thumbs-up wave.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
spike strip for the win.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgtshuter:
quote:

Around here, it's the crew cab pick-ups with the obligatory lift kit!

I keep thinking; too much Mt. Dew and NASCAR.

Winner ^^^^^

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

I had a rusty 82 Toyota HiLux 4x4,
truck looked like shit, but ran like a top and I drove it like a gokart ,

never had an issue merging into traffic, just pop the turn signal and people just got out the way,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post